Here we go! | Page 111 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Brexit Derangement Syndrome?

This is known to attack some people's cerebral cortex, which manifests itself in eccentric ways, some patients have been observed to developed a curious and sudden hatred of their own country similar to that witnessed in patients suffering from Oikophobia.

Am I correct?
This is the same as Trump Derangement Syndrome that we have been mocked with for roughly the same amount of time, right?

We know you were hoping for a Trump win. Cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:
I remember the many who refused to accept the non-binding referendum were shouting that in future, there should be a super majority required for a huge change like leaving a union (52/48 not being a sizable difference).
Do you still agree?

Its Scotland’s decision how their referendum is governed: guess what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Is it ironic (probably not) that if there was a minimum percentage for Leaving, then this discussion (maybe) wouldn’t be being had.

This is the same as Trump Derangement Syndrome that we have been mocked with for roughly the same amount of time, right?

We know you were hoping for a Trump win. Cut from the same cloth.

I was preferring a Trump win, purely from the noises regarding a trade deal. With the benefit of hindsight though I think we can all agree that would have been a mistake and I'm glad I was batting for the wrong side.

And since when Scotland became an English colony? ...

Scotland is part of the UK, and just like the rest of the UK is subject to UK law. I have spent about a week in Scotland in my whole life, so personally couldn't care less what they do. It's you calling it a colony, not me.

I was preferring a Trump win, purely from the noises regarding a trade deal. With the benefit of hindsight though I think we can all agree that would have been a mistake and I'm glad I was batting for the wrong side.
A trade deal with the US is going to put the US first and be quite bad for the UK in more ways than it is good. Doing a deal with Trump, in particular would have been particularly bad unless he was to break the habit of a lifetime and go for something that is equitable. Unlikely.

The comparisons between Trump politics and Brexit politics are a very close match.
Same supporters, same funders, same politicians, same political tactics, same analysts and consultants, same crusade against wokeism, same overplaying of the significance of items deemed to be sacred (the flag, the anthem, the monuments to slavers), same longing for a bygone era, same xenophobia (couched as patriotism), same trench warfare us-against-the-world mentality, same retreat into national introversion (couched in being "global" and the "best in the world"), same reluctance to pay into any schemes that make the world safer or more equitable, same climate change denial, same quest for deregulation at the expense of the environment, same quest for deregulation at the expense of health and safety, same tendencies towards authoritarianism.

Scotland is part of the UK, and just like the rest of the UK is subject to UK law. I have spent about a week in Scotland in my whole life, so personally couldn't care less what they do. It's you calling it a colony, not me.
Scotland is supposed to be one of the partner of equals. In a partnership of equals anyone of thd 'equals' can leave whenever they want and not when the big brother give him permission to do so.

A trade deal with the US is going to put the US first and be quite bad for the UK in more ways than it is good. Doing a deal with Trump, in particular would have been particularly bad unless he was to break the habit of a lifetime and go for something that is equitable. Unlikely.

The comparisons between Trump politics and Brexit politics are a very close match.
Same supporters, same funders, same politicians, same political tactics, same analysts and consultants, same crusade against wokeism, same overplaying of the significance of items deemed to be sacred (the flag, the anthem, the monuments to slavers), same longing for a bygone era, same xenophobia (couched as patriotism), same trench warfare us-against-the-world mentality, same retreat into national introversion (couched in being "global" and the "best in the world"), same reluctance to pay into any schemes that make the world safer or more equitable, same climate change denial, same quest for deregulation at the expense of the environment, same quest for deregulation at the expense of health and safety, same tendencies towards authoritarianism.

Stereotypes R us.

Give it a whirl today, and try to access geoblocked content...say BeIN via the US website. Does it connect ok?

Connected to US on NordVPN and am watching Alanyaspor v Kasimpaša Spor Kalîübü on beIN sports HD5. Can’t for the life of me understand what they’re saying though.

Scotland is supposed to be one of the partner of equals. In a partnership of equals anyone of thd 'equals' can leave whenever they want and not when the big brother give him permission to do so.

OK. I couldn't care less what they do. They did actually vote to stay though. How often should they have their democratic votes ? The thing I don't understand from the Remainers (not necessarily you) is that all the arguments applied to the UK about Brexit apply far more to Scotland. Tiny country, border with England, 60% of exports go to UK. Splitting the debts and ownership of assets would make leaving the EU look like a walk in the park. No currency to use, years of negotiating to join the EU before they are forced to use the Euro etc

You took the words out of my mouth. London independence was suggested as a joke during the referendum but could easily see Londoners jump on the idea.

Personally im all for london breaking away.
Makes sense I think. Have to shift parliament to Birmingham though.

Scotlands deficit was higher than the rest of the UK put together. I believe the EU allows a 3% loss, so they couldn't join the EU either without massive cuts.

Scotland’s notional deficit stood at £12.6bn or 7% of GDP, including North Sea oil revenues, compared with the UK’s total £23.5bn deficit, which includes Scotland’s figure. The UK deficit is equivalent to 1.1% of its GDP.

Total state spending in Scotland was £1,661 higher per person than the UK average at £75.3bn, while tax receipts were £307 less per head than the UK average, at £62.7bn. Excluding oil revenues, the deficit exceeded £14bn, equal to 22.5% of tax revenues.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...8-deficit-higher-than-uk-as-a-whole-last-year
Clearly the Scots need to be associated with a larger, better union. Now, where could that be...

OK. They did actually vote to stay though. How often should they have their democratic votes ? The thing I don't understand from the Remainers (not necessarily you) is that all the arguments applied to the UK about Brexit apply far more to Scotland.
Until Boris's boys moved the goal posts. Glad to see you agree that they should be OK to go in the same way the UK left the EU. Good man.