Here we go! | Page 79 | Vital Football

Here we go!

It’s looking like the UK is going to have a Free Trade deal with Australia before the EU does, which will be fantastic. Many will short circuit at the news, finally faced to accept a "tangible" benefit of Brexit.
Though I shall not hold my breath.

No numbers as usual lol

Just read that a brexit deal is in place but do we know if they have one for haddock and cod yet chaps? Need to know before next chippy run chaps, bonjour!
Pretty sure we'll have enough fish for fishcakes. You can make up the difference with battered sausages.
No chance of those Euros getting their hands on our saveloys.

I confidently predict food prices will not go up after 1st January as a direct result of any deal we do/do not strike with the insufferable EU.

Please bookmark and you can all come back and flay me sometime in the New Year, if only to assuage any anger you may have, because it won't be the catastrophe many hope it will.
Not only me then chap.....I too sometimes have issues with spellchecker on sausage chap! A new year battered sausage with a fisH cake sounds cracking chap.

“The deal is done. They say that some Prime Ministers are only ever remembered for one thing. For Boris Johnson that thing will be Brexit.

His premiership is anchored in a promise to do what MPs proved unable to, ‘Get Brexit Done’. He has delivered both the exit & the trade deal.

Boris now looks set to emerge as the only Conservative leader who can credibly claim to have triumphed over the Europe Question, an issue that contributed to the downfall of all four of his predecessors. He had to realign his party, & the electorate, to do it. But it's done, he’s done it.

Brexiteers will inevitably bicker over detail but the wise will focus on big picture: The UK has decoupled from EU. Tariff & quota free access. Control over migration & borders. No ££ to EU budget. Distance from the ECJ. New trade deals. Less rule taking. Accountable democracy.“

There's always going to be a limit on the accountability of our government. Technically they are only accountable to the Queen , but in practice they aren't even that.
We don't have a constitution that ensures accountability (hence the number of court cases the government has lost - and continued to ignore).

There's always going to be a limit on the accountability of our government. Technically they are only accountable to the Queen , but in practice they aren't even that.
We don't have a constitution that ensures accountability (hence the number of court cases the government has lost - and continued to ignore).
Which is why it is not good when a Prime Minister deliberately takes steps to reduce accountability

Lack of a constitution is not an excuse for that. It makes it more damning

Which is why it is not good when a Prime Minister deliberately takes steps to reduce accountability

Its not an excuse, but it will always be a stumbling block. Any government who introduces more accountability (I hate that word lol) knows that the next government can just undo anything they have done.
The EU was a kind of fall back against this kind of thing. For all their faults (and their own problems with not being accountable), at least they held our government back from going totally mad with power.

My parents can competently use Zoom to chat to their sire in these Covid days but Peston, the droning bellsniffer that he is, forgets to unmute.

He’s only been doing these since April, for fucks hake. He looks angry about something though.

It’s logistically testing, especially now (days before Xmas) people are requesting it after Xmas for illogical (but understandable)fears so the ones in hospitals are offering it to the wider over 80s communities, so that age group can request one now.
A lot of the admin staff have broken up for Xmas too.
It’s nothing to be concerned about.
It is if you are expecting a million vaccines a week...

That's a little vague.

I found this to tell me what we are losing

View attachment 44508View attachment 44509
You can add to that voting for my MEP then.

What else can I expect to gain?

They missed out the section on Supremacy where we get to show that we are superior to them and can do whatever we want without them having to dictate anything to us (apart from the above things they will now be dictating to us).

I thing any 'losses' are worth that feel good feeling of knowing that we are inherently better than them.

What the electorate must never, ever forget is the lengths our elected representatives went to, to try and stop Brexit.

Starmer included.

A blot on our democracy.