Here we go! | Page 242 | Vital Football

Here we go!

I see the times is reporting another benefit- while all those horrid europeans are paying around £70 for their tests, we, of course, get to pay a whopping £140. Boris is having a crack down apparently, although im not sure its what he thinks it is and someone will have to break it to him gently.

Brexit britain, land of the fleeced.

Incidentally i did notice that kit kats have stayed the same price but are now tiny.

I guess its one way to pretend food costs are not rising.

I see our workers freedoms are now under the cosh now that we no longer have our EU backed laws that we agreed to

Poor old British workers

Back to work house for kids soon

I see our workers freedoms are now under the cosh now that we no longer have our EU backed laws that we agreed to

Poor old British workers

Back to work house for kids soon

Which rule(s)? The one like sick pay, which in the U.K. is 28 weeks which the EU does not set a minimum?

Okay, but the 5% of companies that do had total exports of £578bn in 2020, 42% of which apparently went to the EU.
That 42% is now subjected to additional cost, administration, shipping delays and uncertainty, something our European based competitors don’t.
Meanwhile our European competition, whilst also facing the additional administration, and shipping delays to export to the UK, has been given a tariff subsidy by our own Government.

Whichever way you look at it, UK businesses competitiveness has been negatively affected by this deal, when compared to the European Competition, both in the EU and UK.

A double whammy by Boris.

It’s an awful deal for the poor 5%.

Last edited:
Here we go...

Britain’s economic resurgence...

Philip Shaw from Investec has pencilled in blistering growth of 7.3% this year, but says it could be over 8%. “We’re trying not to sound outrageous but that is what the numbers are telling us,” he said. The firm has the Eurozone pegged at 4.4%.

Upgrades are pouring in. The Swiss bank UBS has raised its UK forecast from 3.8% to 5.5%. Bank of America and Barclays have both raised theirs to 5.9%.

A “very optimistic” Goldman Sachs is eyeing 7.1%, thanks to both early and rapid vaccination. The US bank says press alarmism about a 1.3 million exodus of EU nationals fleeing London is nonsense. “The true net outflow of migrants is closer to the 200,000 mark,” it said. It predicts that many will return soon because jobs are scarce at home. Migrants from Hong Kong will do the rest.

“Everybody has been too bearish on the UK,” said David Owen from Jefferies. “It is going to be a ‘coiled spring’ recovery and we even think the UK will outperform the US in 2022 with 7.6% growth.”

Owen says a powerful inventory cycle is about to kick in as firms restock. This will be turbocharged by £100bn of excess savings built up by companies over the pandemic.

Yeah, but... Oh wait.