Here we go! | Page 232 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Having said that all the early indications are that brexit is damaging the uk exactly as predicted.

Really?

• Nissan has not only committed to Sunderland, it's decided to boost its UK supply chain

• Unilever did not settle on a Dutch domicile, it has ditched that concept and relocated its global HQ to the UK

• German firm Siemens is bolstering its UK operations and investing even more here

• Cadbury's has reshored chocolate manufacture from the EU to the UK

• Toyota is committed to manufacturing its cars in Derbyshire

• Airbus has said that it will invest further in its UK operations, in a 'win-win' for both the company and Britain

• 100 retail and wholesale banks plan to move to/boost their presence in the UK, as well as 400+ insurance and insurer intermediary firms

• Indian software services firm TCS to recruit 1,500 tech staff in the UK

• South Korean monopile producer SeAH to create 400 jobs in Lincolnshire

• Dennis to build Berlin's iconic yellow buses at its factories in the UK.

Unfortunately the sky isn't falling in as predicted, quite the opposite.

Really?

• Nissan has not only committed to Sunderland, it's decided to boost its UK supply chain

• Unilever did not settle on a Dutch domicile, it has ditched that concept and relocated its global HQ to the UK

• German firm Siemens is bolstering its UK operations and investing even more here

• Airbus has said that it will invest further in its UK operations, in a 'win-win' for both the company and Britain

• 100 retail and wholesale banks plan to move to/boost their presence in the UK, as well as 400+ insurance and insurer intermediary firms

Really?

Interesting list. Just the little guys getting shafted by good ol' Bojo then. He must be a Tory...

Really?

Is this really your argument?
You do a cost benefit analysis by looking at the benefits and completely ignoring any costs?
Please, please (no seriously) don't EVER run a business...

Argument for/against what?
Your argument is that Brexit hasn't been bad for the UK(or as you put it "Unfortunately the sky isn't falling in as predicted, quite the opposite. "). To support that you list some things that aren't bad for the UK and ignore everything else.

Your argument is that Brexit hasn't been bad for the UK(or as you put it "Unfortunately the sky isn't falling in as predicted, quite the opposite. "). To support that you list some things that aren't bad for the UK and ignore everything else.

Brexit hasn't been bad for the UK.

Mmm

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1617795175804.jpg
    FB_IMG_1617795175804.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • FB_IMG_1617795169293.jpg
    FB_IMG_1617795169293.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FB_IMG_1617795164801.jpg
    FB_IMG_1617795164801.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 4
You look at the costs and ignore the benefits, so all's good on that front.
Not really....
I have posted a few things, but I haven't tried to judge whether or not Brexit has been good for the UK as a whole.
The only thing I've really talked about is how its been disastrously bad for a few people, the overall effect isn't clear and won't be for a while.

Not really....
I have posted a few things, but I haven't tried to judge whether or not Brexit has been good for the UK as a whole.
The only thing I've really talked about is how its been disastrously bad for a few people, the overall effect isn't clear and won't be for a while.

Agreed, but I was replying to a post which said Brexit is damaging the UK, which I disagree with, on the contrary I think overall it has been good so far.

Agreed, but I was replying to a post which said Brexit is damaging the UK, which I disagree with, on the contrary I think overall it has been good so far.
I would keep an eye on the situation in Ireland. This was one thing that was predicted to go to shit and I wouldn't be surprised if some orrible elements were gearing up for something (the kind of people that think this is 'their time').

Obviously some industries are struggling and personally its hard to see how they are going to be able to sort it out. The exporting of fresh/perishable stuff seems to be a particular problem to the point where a whole industry or two may have to restructure, which will be time consuming and will entail big losses in the meantime.

Meanwhile, some companies are moving more resources here and committing to manufacture more stuff here, probably to avoid regulatory costs from the EU. Personally I think it will balance out on the 'bad for the UK' side, but who knows? Its hard to balance all this stuff against each other.

One thing is for sure, the victims of Brexit, the people who are going to lose their livelihoods despite being told categorically by the government that that wouldn't happen, are getting zero sympathy from the government.

and this one falls directly under the heading of "caused by Brexit".https://www.theguardian.com/comment...riots-in-northern-ireland-situation-dangerous

We know what is exactly going to happen
Youths on both sides will be arrested
The older generation who still have deep seated issues will inflame the situation
Gangs who control the drug trade that mainly comes into the ROI will get involved
It will escalate
Bombings and shootings will start up again

So sad
I spent a lot of time living in Dublin and stayed with friends in Belfast and Down Patrick and my friends from the North and South became friends

So this is the fault of the people that participated in a democratic vote? It's these people that 'enabled' this? It's not the fault of the people taking to the streets with petrol bombs?

What should've happened? Is the UK and its citizens supposed to be held to ransom and not vote the 'wrong way'?

Really?

Go buy a flag. If this is all true, cant wait for covid to be over, we should fly.

Only that wont be happening, the few thousand jobs u list are nowhere close to replacing the jobs already lost

Go buy a flag. If this is all true, cant wait for covid to be over, we should fly.

Only that wont be happening, the few thousand jobs u list are nowhere close to replacing the jobs already lost

If you can post the jobs ‘already lost’ due to Brexit that’d be great.
Oh and if you can then compare them to the ones created that’d be better.