Here we go! | Page 186 | Vital Football

Here we go!

So, the EU wouldn't like it and the UK would like it even less. The UK has granted access to financial services. What, in your opinion, you be the best outcome for all concerned?

No but the British would like it even less.
The trouble is, contrary to popular myth, we need them more than they need us and that much hyped trade deficit isn't really counting for much.

I think it's more of a symbiotic relationship; both need each other and both would be poorer if the relationship was to degenerate further than the sabre rattling being observed at the moment.

We are in the middle of a pandemic and the majority of politicians now find themselves more than just junket butterflies, they are having to make decisions, and from where I'm sitting, it appears not many like doing this.

In the UK, the security blanket of the EU has been ripped off our political classes bed, and the EU have got their own complex situation to manage, so the optics in an increasingly right-moving Europe, don't see Brexit as anything other than a unmitigated disaster.

I think it's more of a symbiotic relationship; both need each other and both would be poorer if the relationship was to degenerate further than the sabre rattling being observed at the moment.

We are in the middle of a pandemic and the majority of politicians now find themselves more than just junket butterflies, they are having to make decisions, and from where I'm sitting, it appears not many like doing this.

In the UK, the security blanket of the EU has been ripped off our political classes bed, and the EU have got their own complex situation to manage, so the optics in an increasingly right-moving Europe, don't see Brexit as anything other than a unmitigated disaster.
Have you flip flopped back to being a remainer/rejoiner again?

No, we're out, we voted out so we have to make the best of the situation presented.
Falling out and making things spikey will favour nobody.

But Macron's granny, etc...
I completely agree that we have to make the best of this bad situation.
(you never have to "make the best of" a good situation, do you?)

What is the alternative? Making the worst of it? I don't think many rational humans (other than disaster capitalists) want that, though their actions have often led in that direction.

To maintain that access to our markets? To show they're not just being ***** because we left? To do the decent thing to their ally and 'friend'? To be treated the same as most other non-EU countries when it comes to financial services?

So you dont want them to treat us like we have treated them.

I completely agree that we have to make the best of this bad situation.
(you never have to "make the best of" a good situation, do you?)

What is the alternative? Making the worst of it? I don't think many rational humans (other than disaster capitalists) want that, though their actions have often led in that direction.

Yes, you should always make the best of a good situation; this is where stability and wealth is prolonged and normalised.
Making the best of a bad situation (which we will differ in the opinion that this is one (Brexit, not Covid)) is where opportunities present themselves, paths and directions can be created.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Welcome back mrs strett, you have been sorely missed

Yes, you should always make the best of a good situation; this is where stability and wealth is prolonged and normalised.
Making the best of a bad situation (which we will differ in the opinion that this is one (Brexit, not Covid)) is where opportunities present themselves, paths and directions can be created.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
You're talking about making "the most of it".
Making "the best of it" usually refers to a bad situation. I'm sure it was just a Freudian slip, don't worry about it.

Stret is right about one thing, we need to make the best of the situation we've created, moaning about what we've lost won't move us forward at all. Personally I think we just suck it up and see where we are in 5 years and have a conversation then about if this little exercise in sovereignty has been worthwhile.

*spoiler it won't have been*

Stret is right about one thing, we need to make the best of the situation we've created, moaning about what we've lost won't move us forward at all. Personally I think we just suck it up and see where we are in 5 years and have a conversation then about if this little exercise in sovereignty has been worthwhile.

*spoiler it won't have been*

Im sympathetic to that not least cos im sick of it and because nothing is likely to change. However over that 5 years people's livelihoods are being dashed and its not much of a spoiler that it is unlikely to have been worth it. It already isnt for some. Its a bit like throwing good money after bad but, to quote the short one, it is what it is.

Surely the UK leaving would result in the EU being less right wing?

But the UK has already granted access to EU companies; something which the EU hasn't reciprocated
welll yeah lol its crooked as fook lets face it, same as Gibraltar, anyone can run thier money through Uk and its offshore laundering schemes :)