Hello Championship. Perhaps. | Vital Football

Hello Championship. Perhaps.

Whiteknight

Vital Reserves Team
Unless they exhibit the kind of passion shown by Liverpool and Spurs, it's unlikely that Leeds will progress.
Even then, they would need an epic change in spirit to pull it off. The body is out there but not the spirit. There are no fire in the bellies. Their body language is all there to see.

There was a total about face. Something drastic must have happened. Mutiny perhaps?
Bielsa had nearly half the season to arrest the slide but was hapless.
His record for the knockout competitions was nothing to shout about either.
Not finishing top 2 could be a crushing blow.

Leeds are still in with a shout but optimism is a premium.
Add that refusal to prepare for shootout is the ultimate recipe for disaster.

Things could turn horribly wrong if Leeds think they just need to turn up to beat Derby, having beaten them twice before.

Derby would gleefully thank Leeds for handling it to them on the platter.

Things could turn horribly wrong if Leeds think they just need to turn up to beat Derby, having beaten them twice before.

Derby would gleefully thank Leeds for handling it to them on the platter.

Totally agree Whiteknight, but then I would. The 4-1 win at pride Park came when you were already, as a team, where we want to be and we were a team in transition, new manager, new style, new players all trying to gel. At 4-1 on the day we got away lightly. The 2-0 at Elland Road was better from us and we have improved since. Since then it seems you have taken your foot off the gas. Up to and including the 2-0 win against us you averaged 2 points a game. 1.5 since. We have averaged 1.66 since then. All of that means nought in these 2 games.

Who will win? Unfortunately, I think it will be you. This Derby side underperforms against the more physical sides and, alongside the skill and speed your team possesses, you are also a very physical side. Players like Wilson and Lawrence don't play well when getting clattered. If I was picking the side today I would have both of them on the bench and replace thm with players like Bennett who gets back up and laughs. Take the sting out of Leeds and then bring on Wilson and Lawrence as game changers when your back 4 is no longer fresh. Lampard won't do that. He will play them from the start. Leeds will get at them, and who can blame them, and those 2 will be passengers. A luxury we can't afford.

Who will go through? Unfortunately I think it will be Leeds, just.

On another point. Ticket prices. Leeds fans at derby today have paid £20 for their tickets. We have to pay £37 for next Wednesday's game. That aint right IMO.

I hope that the best team over the two games goes through, whoever that is.

Derby did not have a shot on target. There certainly was not a lack of spirit out there. Wednesday to come and play like that and we will be at Wembley.

Great finish. We were on top for long periods bit nervy at the end but on to Wednesday and finish the job

Cannot understand how they and anyone else continues to moan about the "penalty". Harrison was in front of the player and slow motion confirms he actually got the ball, it was'nt a free kick either to Leeds. Thought Pablo had a very poor game, hopefully he is on the ball for Wednesday.

Totally agree Whiteknight, but then I would. The 4-1 win at pride Park came when you were already, as a team, where we want to be and we were a team in transition, new manager, new style, new players all trying to gel. At 4-1 on the day we got away lightly. The 2-0 at Elland Road was better from us and we have improved since. Since then it seems you have taken your foot off the gas. Up to and including the 2-0 win against us you averaged 2 points a game. 1.5 since. We have averaged 1.66 since then. All of that means nought in these 2 games.

Who will win? Unfortunately, I think it will be you. This Derby side underperforms against the more physical sides and, alongside the skill and speed your team possesses, you are also a very physical side. Players like Wilson and Lawrence don't play well when getting clattered. If I was picking the side today I would have both of them on the bench and replace thm with players like Bennett who gets back up and laughs. Take the sting out of Leeds and then bring on Wilson and Lawrence as game changers when your back 4 is no longer fresh. Lampard won't do that. He will play them from the start. Leeds will get at them, and who can blame them, and those 2 will be passengers. A luxury we can't afford.

Who will go through? Unfortunately I think it will be Leeds, just.

On another point. Ticket prices. Leeds fans at derby today have paid £20 for their tickets. We have to pay £37 for next Wednesday's game. That aint right IMO.
I think the pressure on both teams is enormous,
You was right we just nicked it with one goal ,but I thought we bullied and bosssed you about for most of the game

You was right we just nicked it with one goal ,but I thought we bullied and bosssed you about for most of the game

No arguments from me Oyper. We had the first and the last 15, you had the rest. Your bullying and bossing is the reason I think Lawrence and Wilson should start from the bench on Wednesday. We also need to harry and press you from the off or you will go through.

Ticket price at Derby was very fair and Leeds continue to charge over the top. They should have agreed a matching ticket price for away fans but no love lost between the owners so never likely. Derby don't need to go gung ho from the off and we never play defensively so can we take any chances that come our, as we still are not scoring as many as our play warrants, and can they play some neat counter attacking which they are well capable of. Just like the other game it's still finely balanced. Only thing slightly tipping in our favour apart from the 1 goal lead is the crowd and deep down Fat Frank knows Bielsa has had him in his pocket.