Headline confused... | Vital Football

Headline confused...

Acko1956

Vital Reserves Team
Manchester United and Leeds join Liverpool and Everton in the race for Sheffield United's highly-rated 18-year-old defender Kyron Gordon

Centre back were desperate for a centre back , can someone tell me if he's so great why is he not in our first team, or is this just another star that leaves for peanuts, thanks

I thought Heckingbottom might blood a few of the kids. But thus far it seems he's sticking with Wilder's team - maybe to distance himself from responsibility.

Whoever the next gaffer is I think it's a requirement they should look to bring academy talent through, not sign stop gap shite like Foderingham, Jack Robinson and Rodwell.

Heckingbottler isn't even trying to do what's best for the club. He doesn't give a shit.

Manchester United and Leeds join Liverpool and Everton in the race for Sheffield United's highly-rated 18-year-old defender Kyron Gordon

Centre back were desperate for a centre back , can someone tell me if he's so great why is he not in our first team, or is this just another star that leaves for peanuts, thanks
mi mates son ,and hes pissed off at not getting a chance,when every single scout and coach upto the first team are saying hes good enough, his dad is a spurs fan and wants him to go there.

Like the lad and know that his dad is well clued up when it comes to his son’s career, but I honestly think that to start him in the Prem, with the likes of Lunny and Ollie in front of him, would likely do him far more harm than good. Just my opinion of course. :yes:

Like the lad and know that his dad is well clued up when it comes to his son’s career, but I honestly think that to start him in the Prem, with the likes of Lunny and Ollie in front of him, would likely do him far more harm than good. Just my opinion of course. :yes:
probably right ,but when ya see how shit we are its only got him thinking give me a chance and hes absolutely chomping at the bit to play. illiman played in our 5-0 thrashing and he couldnt be more proud of playing in the prem and is desperate to play again,so not done him any harm at all pal

I think it's a leap of faith to expect an 18yr old who hasn't played any 1st team football to jump into our first team. If the Championship substitutions stay the same he may appear on the bench, the manager next year will be expected to achieve promotion, will he go for untried or experience mmmm. If he is being tracked he will be in their academy to be polished.

A lot of overthinking goes on. Sometimes young players just need throwing in. That's usually how they emerge. Not through careful management leading to the perfect moment.

Only the best of the best get thrown into the prem untried on a regular basis even David beckham went out on loan to the championship first if he goes elsewhere he won’t see their 1st team for a couple of yrs at least he will either settle into their academy or go out on loan to a lower league side his best chance of breaking into a decent side regularly is staying with us and he would have the good will of the fans with him as all our academy graduates do

Last edited:
probably right ,but when ya see how shit we are its only got him thinking give me a chance and hes absolutely chomping at the bit to play. illiman played in our 5-0 thrashing and he couldnt be more proud of playing in the prem and is desperate to play again,so not done him any harm at all pal

There is a difference Twirls. Illiman is 21 (not 18), is an attacking mid-fielder (not a central defender) and came on as a very late sub when the result was not in any doubt.
If we are 5-0 up against Arsenal tomorrow, with a few minutes to go, I would be more than happy to see young Kyron coming on off the bench. :geek:

There is a difference Twirls. Illiman is 21 (not 18), is an attacking mid-fielder (not a central defender) and came on as a very late sub when the result was not in any doubt.
If we are 5-0 up against Arsenal tomorrow, with a few minutes to go, I would be more than happy to see young Kyron coming on off the bench. :geek:

He's got a good chance of making an appearance then ?

Thought I had seen that headline before in Jan 2021, it's just had Leeds and MU added. Liverpool actually signed Kaide Gordon from Derby in Feb 2021, paid 1 million plus 3 million in add ons, must be a slow news day.