Heading over for the weekend | Vital Football

Heading over for the weekend

Rza

Vital Champions League
What's the story with the pubs over there? Haven't been on a plane since February before lock down and according to Google there's still a few pubs temporarily closed. Would I need to book a table in advance or what's the Craic? Any help appreciated. Cheers

Lots of places in Newcastle you will have to book a table. Not so much in the less pretentious bars, of course.

Down the coast it is pretty much business as usual.

Reactions: Rza
Lots of places in Newcastle you will have to book a table. Not so much in the less pretentious bars, of course.

Down the coast it is pretty much business as usual.

Cheers. Just looking some grub and a pint. Where's open around the centre you'd recommend?

I'd probably try and stick around either the train station or near to the Monument in all honesty. Usually pay more for drinks and food but you will get a better class of clientele. Certainly a better class than certain posters on here are accustomed to, as you can probably imagine.

Rosies, The Forth and The Newcastle Arms were my preferred watering holes when in Town, always good for decent craic. Not sure if they’ve reopened yet though.

I'd be heading up the coast towards the dunes if you've got company,if you're on your own then Bar Loco's a stones throw from the tat arena & canny or a few cans by the river.

Yeah, try to avoid places like Rosies and the Newcastle Arms etc if you're travelling to a different country. I couldn't think of anything worse than travelling abroad to visit the equivalent of the Nag's Head. They're OK on a match day if you like grotty pubs, but that's about it.

There's a few nice places down on the Quayside these days. Try Tiger Hornsby but be advised you do need to book and it's about £6 a pint. Nice venue though.

Cheers lads going with the missus so does need to be half decent. Thanks for the suggestions

If you and the missus are after food, if you head across the swing bridge and turn immediately right, there’s a tapas restaurant called River Beat. Fantastic food and there’s a balcony to sit on where you can see up and down the Tyne.

If you and the missus are after food, if you head across the swing bridge and turn immediately right, there’s a tapas restaurant called River Beat. Fantastic food and there’s a balcony to sit on where you can see up and down the Tyne.

Might just go for that one. Cheers OM