HEADING FOR 9th | Vital Football

HEADING FOR 9th

I’m cool to avoid conference league. Will be easier to rebuild with less matches, look at the year Chelsea last won the league.
I can see how it would help with a rebuild. A smaller squad would be required so we wouldn't have to replace some of those that should be let go. Any gaps can and should be filled with players from within our youth teams.

As a fan, however, I love European football. And I want to see us play twice a week. It's a long week without European football.

From a financial perspective though it would be damaging to the club not having the income from European football. Although, I suppose that loss could be partly offset by having a smaller squad with a reduced wage bill.

9th is better than 7th.

We must avoid the conference league at all costs.

Everton will lose to City, we will lose to Leicester and Arsenal will win at home, so 8th for us is nailed on.

I'll take that, forget about this season, look forward to euro's and hope a more exciting era starts next season.

One thing to look forward to is the fact our team will look completed different.

My prediction

4. Liverpool 69 pts
5. LCFC 69 pts
6. West Ham 65, 63 or 62 pts
7. Arsenal 61 pts
8. Spurs 59 pts
9. Leeds 59 pts
10. Everton 59 pts

I can see how it would help with a rebuild. A smaller squad would be required so we wouldn't have to replace some of those that should be let go. Any gaps can and should be filled with players from within our youth teams.

As a fan, however, I love European football. And I want to see us play twice a week. It's a long week without European football.

From a financial perspective though it would be damaging to the club not having the income from European football. Although, I suppose that loss could be partly offset by having a smaller squad with a reduced wage bill.

I've not looked it up but I'd imagine the money for the european conference league isn't significant enough to be worth it. I take your point about playing twice a week being good for fans, but the nature of the teams in that competition is frankly not going to bring the same excitement as even the 2nd or 3rd tier Europa teams.

I've not looked it up but I'd imagine the money for the european conference league isn't significant enough to be worth it. I take your point about playing twice a week being good for fans, but the nature of the teams in that competition is frankly not going to bring the same excitement as even the 2nd or 3rd tier Europa teams.
I was thinking more about fans in the stadium and the spending on merchandise, food and drink etc. I don't know how many fans these types of games would attract but we always get good attendances in the Carabao Cup and early stages of the Europa League, so if the games were priced accordingly there could still be money in it for the club.

As to the quality of the opposition, well I'd expect us to be playing quite a few of the youngsters - especially in the earlier rounds. I don't get to see much of them but when I do I really enjoy watching them. They all seem to technical sound and comfortable with the ball. I don't what happens once they get near our first team though.

I hear you I do... I just think next season it's going to be very key we get maximum first XI prep/training time with new manager and quite possibly a very different squad trying to bed in. It's amazing what those extra midweek training sessions can do for a team

I hear you I do... I just think next season it's going to be very key we get maximum first XI prep/training time with new manager and quite possibly a very different squad trying to bed in. It's amazing what those extra midweek training sessions can do for a team

Wont happen spurs and levy rarely ever enter the market early enough for newbies to have settle in...and we never buy players who can hot the ground running...our scouts are shite really

Wont happen spurs and levy rarely ever enter the market early enough for newbies to have settle in...and we never buy players who can hot the ground running...our scouts are shite really

oh I expect us to be a shit show for first 6 months next season but I just feel getting rid of long trips to play against teams we've never heard of might slightly speed up the bedding in of newbies.