HDMI PLAYERS, Can anyone help? | Vital Football

HDMI PLAYERS, Can anyone help?

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
In my basement/cellar I’ve built a Cinema which is working great but my problem is that I need a HDMI player that will take a large hard disk, like 10+ TB. Most hdmi players take only up to 2 TB. The ones I’m using at present are 2x WD (Western Digital) and will take only 4TB each. I need a HDMI player that will take at least 10 TB as I say, preferably a lot more. The thing is the 2 WD players use identical remotes so if you use the remote, it instructs both players. I deleted one file on one of them and it deleted the whole 4TBs on the other because you can’t see what the other is doing as it’s off screen.

I don’t want to use a PC to store the film data the HDMI player method is much better for me, except for the problem I have.

So any suggestions from you techies out there? I know we have some geniuses among us.

It would also be good to have large ram say 4gb to stream faster, give better resolution, better frames per second, prevent screen judder etc.

Answers on a post card please if you could help me.... I’d be very grateful.

Welshtel, I can see PC as the only solution at this moment in time. The largest drive available currently is 16TB (internal or USB version) and imo, the rest of the technology has not caught up with the use of larger drives, e.g., HDMI players.

A PC with a small solid state hard drive (say 250 gig) to install windows for fast load up (less than 15 secs) and have as many large storage drives dependent upon the motherboard capability. RAM on PC should not be an issue either.

If I were you, I'd forget any HDMI devices and buy yourself a NAS with it's own software. You'd protect yourself and get lots of storage at fast transfer rates too.

That’s most helpful ‘EX’, a really good article. CS suggests I need a faster PC with solid states drives maybe. That way I could send HD video to the cinema screen with large storage for films.

At present I’m still running HD but naturally need to upgrade to 4K eventually. It’s a good setup with 7.1 surround etc so I try to keep it upgraded. Thanks again.