Hayden Hollis | Vital Football

Hayden Hollis

runner_pie

Vital Reserves Team
I know that Hollis isn't everyone's cup of tea as a centre back and the reason usually given is that his distribution is so poor. With RM wanting defenders who are comfortable on the ball, you would assume that's why he hasn't started a game yet.

Having said that, he is usually strong in the air and gets stuck in and though he is prone to making some mistakes, would we really have been worse off with him in the starting 11. Audel, Sprockel and Bennett have all been guilty of giving the ball away and although I could only rely on the radio commentary last night, Bennett and Audel sounded like they were making mistake after mistake. First and foremost, we need to be able to muscle up on this division and earn the right to play our football and without any alternative apart from the returning Amevor who will doubtless come straight back into the side, should it be time to give Hayden another go. Based on the last couple of matches, I don't think we would do any worse. What do others think?

I think he should be given another chance, even Edwards made mistakes last year, others need to know that if you don't play well then you can be replaced

I worry about Hollis. Previously when he 'burst' onto the scene to help save us from relegation (when Derry finally bought him into the team) I thought he might go on to be a good player.

I just don't think he can play in a Moniz team that requires passing the ball around around. He tries but he just can't do it and looks awkward. (same can be said about Blair Adams imo)

My only hope is for Amenvor and Sprockel!

He is still a young lad who takes far too much criticism by a lot of people, he has had to try and learn his craft with players that had long since had their day, Mullins, Edwards and even Carroll barking at you for 90 mins can't be good for his confidence, and I hope he doesn't read NCM with so many experts slating him constantly and other players.

Is the wrong answer, Hayden has had a good run in the team, he is terrible on the ball, his positioning is poor and reminds me of Kilkline and he is not great in the air for a big lad.

Conference player at best