Having A Look At The Youngsters | Page 2 | Vital Football

Having A Look At The Youngsters

Steve O'Dare - 3/4/2016 08:36

Would like to say I am very surprised at the reaction to yesterday's game. Club looking at the youngsters now that there is no chance of either promotion or relegation. That is what supporters have been suggesting. Now that it is being done and we lose a couple of games some are now up in arms. Strange lot we football fans. I personally thought all the young players did well yesterday. Created some chances which we didn't put away. Could easily have got something out of the game with a bit of experience up front but we are giving they youngster the chance! Circular!

Just for the sake of context, how did you get to yesterday's game?

Would like to say I am very surprised at the reaction to yesterday's game. Club looking at the youngsters now that there is no chance of either promotion or relegation. That is what supporters have been suggesting. Now that it is being done and we lose a couple of games some are now up in arms. Strange lot we football fans. I personally thought all the young players did well yesterday. Created some chances which we didn't put away. Could easily have got something out of the game with a bit of experience up front but we are giving they youngster the chance! Circular!

So Steve, lets dissect your post. You was surprised that fans are getting fed of us being soundly beat by little non-league sides? I'm not! So the youngsters did well, great but if the older ones aren't and were playing poor where's the light at the end of the tunnel? If we're moving forward youth wise then we're certainly not senior player wise, this I find worrying, surely CM should be geeing his players up and pushing the fact there playing for next seasons place and giving the supporter belief that next season we will start as we mean to go on?

barryimp - 3/4/2016 16:02

The fans donot like following a losing team weekin and weekout.Mr Dorrian should remember that.
This message board needs a like button but as it hasn't this'll have to do for now.
:thumb:

Davidimp - 3/4/2016 20:28

barryimp - 3/4/2016 16:02

The fans donot like following a losing team weekin and weekout.Mr Dorrian should remember that.
This message board needs a like button but as it hasn't this'll have to do for now.

impede - 3/4/2016 17:33

A52, A1, A14, M11 etc..............

Steve O'Dare - 4/4/2016 08:01

Am I the only one wondering what this had to do with the price of eggs?

Jamesimp - 4/4/2016 11:00

Am I the only one wondering what this had to do with the price of eggs?
It is just an idiot trying to scratch a scab that isn't there!

What was the mode of transport, who provided it and who paid for it?

Skip155 - 3/4/2016 09:42

I'm torn re Moyses and recruitment. On the one hand I like his local approach but on the other I see comments about all these great players with local roots playing elsewhere we should be targeting. To me that means geography isn't really an issue, we need to target the best players we can irrespective of geography especially now we have a bit of investment. I highly doubt Moyses network and actually I suspect the 'shop local' approach suits his limitations.
Generally agree.

My other concern is loan signings, which, in my opinion, have been poor. Last season with Marsden, Davies etc but this season I'd argue only Hawkridge (I always thought that one was agreed permanently and the loan was just to tide it over)and Caton have been deemed a success.

Wildin signed, hardly played. Likewise McDaid and Marris.

impede - 4/4/2016 12:39

Mind your own business you muppet! :doh:

Steve O'Dare - 4/4/2016 17:13

Will have to assume a club provided freeby on the team bus then. Therefore it is natural to assume that your opinions on the current regime are influenced by a fear of losing your grace and favour status.

impede - 4/4/2016 17:52

Will have to assume a club provided freeby on the team bus then. Therefore it is natural to assume that your opinions on the current regime are influenced by a fear of losing your grace and favour status.
You are a complete idiot. Honest to God. A complete and utter moron!

Steve O'Dare - 4/4/2016 18:56

impede - 4/4/2016 17:52

You are a complete idiot. Honest to God. A complete and utter moron!

I'd get a plaster for that scab that's itching :oops: