Having 2nd thoughts about the S/T offer after today's awful performance? | Vital Football

Having 2nd thoughts about the S/T offer after today's awful performance?

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
Two of my mates are, after saying they were going down to sign up this coming week, they're now putting it on hold. I think the only thing that will get their enthusiasm for the deal going again, is a resounding performance/victory against Plymouth.
They go to about half the games and I tried to convince them that today's game, which they were at was a one off low, but I know I'm lying big time.

Well yesterday wouldn't have persuaded the doubters to convert that's for sure.

I am still torn. I really don't want to go every week next season. To put it bluntly we are shit to watch and I don't expect it to improve. However the head says you will do more than 50% so it makes sense to get a ST.

I think I need to make a decision and stick with it. At the moment I think its 60/40 to not bother. If that's the case and we are as shit as we have been then I won't be paying 24 very often thats for sure.

If we stay in League One its a good deal against the likes of Ipswich, Sunderland or Portsmouth etc. If we go down the deal is not very attractive v the likes of Forest Green possible Solihull Moors respectfully etc.

It's worth taking a chance now at the offer price. Next season the squad will almost certainly be different, whether we have a new manager or not is up to PS, as usual I am already full of optimism for the next season. I believe we will stay up, with clear out of players and some sponsorship money to help with decent signings. I am buying my S/T tomorrow.

One of my mates, having already filled his application form out with photo etc for me to take down this week, has just texted to say don't bother. After yesterday's awful non performance he's changed his mind!

I do so hope you're right Keefy. I did remind him that we won two consecutive games 3-0 and 4-0 earlier in the season, and the recent home form's just a blip.....but I wished I believed it myself!

I do so hope you're right Keefy. I did remind him that we won two consecutive games 3-0 and 4-0 earlier in the season, and the recent home form's just a blip.....but I wished I believed it myself!

In all honesty Davey, I’d be pretty much like your mate. I get sooo down after defeats that I’d threaten never to go again etc etc. (I never had a s/t back in the day).

I actually have to stay away from forums for a day or 2 when we lose, then try to put a few positive posts in among the depression to try to lift people.

One of the best sayings I ever heard (and very true) is -

“things are never as good as they seem and they are never as bad as they seem”.

Hopefully we won’t F it up this year and we will finally have a good season in Div1 next year. It’s been a while.

One of my mates, having already filled his application form out with photo etc for me to take down this week, has just texted to say don't bother. After yesterday's awful non performance he's changed his mind!
Lol, you should email that to Gwen Poynter for Scally or the new Chief exec to read!
Be interesting to see if you got a response!

Yes I think you're right Lark, but they got so many e-mails of gratitude when it was announced, they'll probably dismiss it as a one off moaner.

The mate who's changed his mind, along with others I know are p***sed off with the lack of investment in the team, then you see that Scally's just given himself a pay rise of £100,000!! Where did the money from sales of Dack, Egan and the sell on clause money for him when he went from Brentford to Sheff U, the £1million plus from the catering dispute battle go etc etc

My lad has been to just two home games this season. Bristol Rovers at home and Shrewsbury at home. I couldn't pay him to attend again in a hurry.