Have you ever............. | Vital Football

Have you ever.............

Whitstabletangerine

Vital Reserves Team
...........had a date and taken her/him to a Gillingham match and what was the outcome a long term relationship, or did it end up as a disaster.
My first experience ended in failure, having taken a date to the pleasure beach and doing quite nicely on the Ghost Train I then suggested we went to a match, that bit was ok but the experience for her was not great and it ended soon after that very day.
The second female refused outright to go but the third a few years later down in East Anglia was more successful and we have been married now for coming up to 55 years.

My Russian girlfriend invited me to see her team CSKA and when we are together in Moscow we go. During the World Cup (which I couldn't attend having broken a limb) She spent time mingling with supporters from all over and tried unsuccessfully to find a Gills supporter.

Took a date to Gills. We even went in the Gillingham End so it'd be nice. Tea, Penguins (or some such), the lot. She looked bemused throughout and expressed a preference for the other lot's kit. I learned my lesson. Didn't take my beloved to Gills until we were married beyond repair.

Took a date to Carlisle away game about 12 years ago. It was our second date, and I was staying with friends there. My date came from Wrexham, and she turned up with her daughter. She was separated from her husband at the time, and he was ok with us going out together, but he insisted she took their daughter to the game. We stayed together for about 6 months on and off, and I think she is still with her husband she went back to after we broke up lol

I once took a lass to Leyton Orient. She wasn't interested much in watching the football and so instead she dragged me into the ladies....

Took a date to Carlisle away game about 12 years ago. It was our second date, and I was staying with friends there. My date came from Wrexham, and she turned up with her daughter. She was separated from her husband at the time, and he was ok with us going out together, but he insisted she took their daughter to the game. We stayed together for about 6 months on and off, and I think she is still with her husband she went back to after we broke up lol

But her daughter's now a Gill and no one can fathom why?

Took my then girlfriend (now wife) to a couple of gills games when were going out in Southampton... Aldershot away and Brighton Away, and that was it. We were definitely a couple at the time rather than just dating, but my god she just doesn't enjoy football.

Fortunately though she really does enjoy and appreciate Cricket, Hockey, Rugby, Tennis, Athletics, among loads of others which makes life a easier!

Met a stroodette at a Gills game in the early 80's and took her to layer road a couple of weeks later. Went for a stroll in strood somewhere with her on our return?. Nowt came of it as she was thick!

I married into a Millwall family. Credit to the missus, she came with me to the epic Halifax match in 93 when 7 months pregnant with our daughter. Was also at Wigan playoff as found it too stressful the previous year listening on the radio. Saw one of the worst matches of all time, a Freight Rover match v Orient circa 88.

She's put up with me getting my son to be a proud Gill.

Wouldn't have the nerve to ask her to go nowadays. Lasted 35 years to date.