Have you ever seen a team | Page 2 | Vital Football

Have you ever seen a team

It was a different crowd then.Most of those on the backs of them have gone down the boycott route.Those that go now haven't got a clue about the game.Certainly haven't got a clue about the club.Its a day trip now.
This lot couldn't shout in the shower to music,never mind voice displeasure towards an owner or manager.Like I said Rafa will be gone soon.

No offence toon in Kent but Benitez is part of the problem and personally I can't wait to see the back of the ****. Hopefully he takes his posse of Hayden diame and yedlin with him. Bunch of useless ***** wouldn't get near another team. Bang goes our most winnable game and you kiss goodbye to any points of Leicester - that ain't happening

No offence taken mate, I wasn't trying to support Rafa staying, I find his style of play boring and too defensive. They should have gone for the jugular today, instead defensive bollocks and a loss! Would rather Rafa went tbh, not convinced with him at all

Reactions: Rza
Repeatedly bringing up the likes of Pardew, Allardyce and McClaren is ridiculous, they have won nothing in their careers and are dogshit managers who all had more money invested in them than Benitez, Benitez is a highly respected football man, if you don’t like his style fair enough, but in my opinion with these players you go down playing attacking football because our attackers are shite, but they can get behind the ball and make it difficult for the opposition.
Benitez pisses on anyone we’ve had since Bobby Robson, which is why the scumbag doesn’t have to give him money, the perfect manager for that prick. I really hope he leaves then you can get the attacking football you desire, under Tim Sherwood.

Chill PK man, I was only voicing an opinion that I would like to see some more attacking football from them especially against the likes of Crystal Phallus at home. Benitez probably is getting the best out of a shite bunch of players and he is light years ahead of the other above mentioned charlatans. All academic the whole time Ashley is around. Would have been interesting to see what Benitez would have done with the money McClaren was given.

Looking back at his Liverpool days, Rafa started off building from the back and progressing over time.

Defenders have almost always been cheaper than strikers. Some of the greats, Brain Clough springs to mid, started from the back. he didn't splash out £1 million on Trevor Francis until after he won something.

It's not hard to see that if Rafa had been given say £10m net on each full back, a net £30 million in midfield and net £50 million up front, he would have a much more capable squad.

Spending at that level would have matched the likes of Huddersfield and would still be way behind Bournemouth and Brighton. Oh to compete with such giants of the domestic game.

Interesting thoughts Rexn. Cloughie bought a centre forward from Birmingham, (a bit mediocre most thought) and converted him to a centre half. Kenny Burns. Turned out to be a masterstroke, Burns was a revelation and an integral part of the European Cup winning team. Also our own Frank Clark who had played over 400 games here, deemed surplus to requirements went to Forest and won the League and cups with Forest.

Bearing in mind that Callum Wilson, yes, Callum Wilson, is about to be bought for 40 million pounds, can we agree that Almiron is a 20 million pound player.

This club is going nowhere and I’m glad to be done with it in terms of match going. I actually pity those who attend. Imagine how low you must be in life to still go. Honestly, it doesn’t bear thinking about. Sad fucks. No pride in themselves.

Started watching Percy Park Rugby Club at the end of my street. Take the kids too. Much better experience.

We were a bit unlucky yesterday but the standard of player is really poor. If we were a bit more attacking we'd already be relegated like Fulham so Benitez is playing to our strengths. It's OK to play defensive football if you're winning but it leaves you wide open to criticism if you are losing.

He needs to drop Yedlin and bring Shelvey back for the rest of the season. We need Burnley and Brighton to beat Cardiff but I still think we'll finish 4th bottom. No investment means no improvenent.

Changing the manager won't improve anything while the fat pig still owns the club. The current set of fans will stick with the club whatever because they couldn't give a fuck anyway. Anybody with any real love for the club stopped going years ago. I

Yes and I’m asking with this team, who would you like? because it won’t make any difference under the parasite.

Well then you're full of shite because no manager has perfect team selection, tactics and motivation. Does it really matter who I'd like? Personally I can't stand Rodgers but even someone like him. There's plenty of managers out there, problem is most of them have a back bone.

No one is saying to play Keegan style football but no one wants to see 8 fucking defenders on the pitch either. Our most creative player shelvey, who tbh isn't that great either but is better than Hayden diame and probably ki, hasn't played most of the season. If you play defensive and get results then you can't really argue but the amount of points this negative shite has cost us this season is shocking. It backfires all the time

Yedlin looked tired and gave too much room.
2 minutes before I told that to my daughter the penalty came.
I can't understand why they kept searching for build up and not shooting at goal in the added time . Even passing between defenders instead bringing the ball to midfield or attack. Seemed to be out of ideas.
2 disallowed goals, enough chances and 7 minutes added time made my first long trip for this match worth the money though..

Glad you enjoyed yourself in our fair city. Shame about the result but as Newcastle fans disappointment comes with the territory.

No one is saying to play Keegan style football but no one wants to see 8 fucking defenders on the pitch either. Our most creative player shelvey, who tbh isn't that great either but is better than Hayden diame and probably ki, hasn't played most of the season. If you play defensive and get results then you can't really argue but the amount of points this negative shite has cost us this season is shocking. It backfires all the time

What exactly has Shelvey done for us since we signed him, at this level, aside from being a liability? Hayden has earned his place these last few months, the problem's upfront, I'll say it again. Perez is shit, first touch is awful and falls down with dramatics the minute he loses possession, Rondon could've put us out of sight yesterday.

I suspect the opinion that changing the manager won't improve anything is more to do with Rafa love than genuine belief,especially as that was the WHOLE focus with Pardew Carver etc.

The same can be said for those who try and sell the idea that Ashley's lack of investment is the sole reason we are not competing with the likes of Bournemouth and Brighton.

I would have thought beating Man City had put that simplistic argument to bed.

The reality is we are not meant to compete with other clubs,our only mission is to survive and in Benitez we have a manger who is perfect for that specific role as his almost unique brand of stifling drab football does not require huge investment in players.

There is a reason Ashley pays his current manager a substantial amount of wedge I'ts sad that so many of us choose to ignore it and instead point the finger in every other direction possible and no offence but asking who else we should have as manager must be music to fat Mike's ears.

Indeed it is music to Mikes ears, which is why I want Benitez to walk, purely in footballing terms I’m asking who would do better with this squad regardless of club politics, where’s this magnificent manager who’s going to give Yedlin a brain and turn Hayden into Viera.

We will be having this discussion in years to come.As the only thing that will ever change at the club is the manager.

Also the phrase " music to Mike's ears".The crowd that attends every other week is music to Mike's ears.The shareholders at Debenhams have put up more of a fight against him in the last few months than the shower that still attend have in 12 year.

Indeed it is music to Mikes ears, which is why I want Benitez to walk, purely in footballing terms I’m asking who would do better with this squad regardless of club politics, where’s this magnificent manager who’s going to give Yedlin a brain and turn Hayden into Viera.
Mourinho matches Benitez in footballing terms PK.

You’re forgetting about the Cabaye rioters Markylad, when Benitez goes fatty’s going to have to deal with them.

That's what I am waiting for.We all know nothing will happen when Rafa goes,just like Cabaye.I await the new lines of excuses.I bet fatty is shitting himself at the thought of an extra 50 people standing outside his shops.