Have you ever seen a team | Page 3 | Vital Football

Have you ever seen a team

Aye, but I’m talking realistic better replacements, was waiting for someone to suggest Guardiola or Zidane to be honest.
The eye opening answer to that one PK is that neither of them would work for a dog like Ashley,whereas Rafa is still here after three years.

We've had 8 or 9 managers since Ashley bought the club so anybody who thinks changing managers will improve thinks is a fucking idiot imo.

We've had 8 or 9 managers since Ashley bought the club so anybody who thinks changing managers will improve thinks is a fucking idiot imo.
That works both ways though vin as there are many who think the current manager is the best we can have.

I suspect the opinion that changing the manager won't improve anything is more to do with Rafa love than genuine belief,especially as that was the WHOLE focus with Pardew Carver etc.

The same can be said for those who try and sell the idea that Ashley's lack of investment is the sole reason we are not competing with the likes of Bournemouth and Brighton.

I would have thought beating Man City had put that simplistic argument to bed.

The reality is we are not meant to compete with other clubs,our only mission is to survive and in Benitez we have a manger who is perfect for that specific role as his almost unique brand of stifling drab football does not require huge investment in players.

There is a reason Ashley pays his current manager a substantial amount of wedge I'ts sad that so many of us choose to ignore it and instead point the finger in every other direction possible and no offence but asking who else we should have as manager must be music to fat Mike's ears.
Excellent post mate

Interesting thoughts Rexn. Cloughie bought a centre forward from Birmingham, (a bit mediocre most thought) and converted him to a centre half. Kenny Burns. Turned out to be a masterstroke, Burns was a revelation and an integral part of the European Cup winning team. Also our own Frank Clark who had played over 400 games here, deemed surplus to requirements went to Forest and won the League and cups with Forest.
Cheers mcNamee.

Interesting that you went to Burns and Clark. You might have included Lloyd and Anderson.

Funnt to think that when you look back, Withe came to us, Woodcock and Birtles might be considered periphery whilst Woodcock, Birtles, Curran and McKenzie don't get a mention from most people when they look back to that side. The same could be said of Gemmill, Robertson, O'Neill, Bowyer, McGovern.

Keeping with the thread, yesterdays defeat meant the chance of six consecutive Premiership league home wins ended hopes of equalling a feat which we haven't done in the Premiership since 2005. Our results at home prior to Jan 3rd would hardly give hope to that five game run which included the league champions. And I see that since the start of the year Man City have won 21 out of 22 games played. It's a funny old game.

What exactly has Shelvey done for us since we signed him, at this level, aside from being a liability? Hayden has earned his place these last few months, the problem's upfront, I'll say it again. Perez is shit, first touch is awful and falls down with dramatics the minute he loses possession, Rondon could've put us out of sight yesterday.

Who else has the tactical awareness or final ball? It certainly isn’t Almiron. Shelvey is our best player by a country mile.

Keeping with the thread, yesterdays defeat meant the chance of six consecutive Premiership league home wins ended hopes of equalling a feat which we haven't done in the Premiership since 2005. Our results at home prior to Jan 3rd would hardly give hope to that five game run which included the league champions. And I see that since the start of the year Man City have won 21 out of 22 games played. It's a funny old game.

It is a funny old game. In 2019, we have scored 40% of Man City's total goals conceded.

Like I've stated Benitez is a lovely bloke I just find his style of football to be terrible. The main reason for wanting him to walk is everyone on Twitter/Facebook that go say it would be the straw that broke the camel's back and they'd go off it to get rid of the fat fucker.

Yes they probably wouldn't do anything but if it took Benitez leaving for them to finally do something (hopefully) to get rid of the fat fuck, nothing but him snuffing it will see the back of him.

Whichever way you look at it,whether Benitez remains or stays we're a club that's dying on its feet.
There's plenty of far better younger managers/tacticians than Benitez who wouldn't touch us with a barge pole,they have one thing the oaf can't offer them,ambition.
Meanwhile Benitez remains complicit if he stays.

What exactly has Shelvey done for us since we signed him, at this level, aside from being a liability? Hayden has earned his place these last few months, the problem's upfront, I'll say it again. Perez is shit, first touch is awful and falls down with dramatics the minute he loses possession, Rondon could've put us out of sight yesterday.

Regardless of whether you like shelvey or not he is our ONLY creative player. If you read my post you'll see I've also mentioned he's not really that good just better than Hayden. Speaking of Hayden, the same rules apply just because you and rafa think he's earned his place doesn't mean he's any good. The guy literally spelt it out that he doesn't even want to be here and Benitez plays him. That sends a fucking brilliant message to the players who actually want to be here.