Have we outgrown Poch? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Have we outgrown Poch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Yes it is his fault. He didn't want his plan B targets signed and he won't use the youth system.

100% his fault.

Spot on.

Given the CM/DM options why haven’t we used the youth teamers which the brave comments were apparently about (?!?)

Given Grealish was an A list player I would like to see what showed the B list was.

Players like Gross at Brighton would have been a decent bench option and would not cost the world.

Spot on.

Given the CM/DM options why haven’t we used the youth teamers which the brave comments were apparently about (?!?)

Given Grealish was an A list player I would like to see what showed the B list was.

Players like Gross at Brighton would have been a decent bench option and would not cost the world.
Toby, Vert, Dembele, Eriksen, Lloris , Son Alli, Dier , Kane, Tripps, Rose all had heavy international duty and less recovery time than other players. Some will recover quicker than others, some could be carrying slight niggles. Winks , Lamela and Wanyama are coming back from injury and need careful management. Poch is spinning plates. Foyth is injured . I hope Amos and Skipp do get some time but Poch may feel rotating what he has is better than throwing them in at the deep end as starters.

There is a frankly chilling article in the independent that draws parallels with Klopps tenure at Dortumnd and Poch's fifth year at Spurs. I suggest everyone reads it, it's worryingly convincing. Baring in mind it ended with Klopp leaving Dortmund in a relegation battle and a down spiral they have never really come out of....The patterns regards tactics over familiarity stubbornness and inflexibility are fascinating.

Poch is the best manager since I was in shorts.Just think what he would achieve with more money to spend & better scouts. E.G. Yarmolenko a snip at £17 million & much better value than Zaha. Did we bid for him ?No the ****** got him.Which shows we can't compete with s--t in the transfer market.

Just watched the ManC Vs Lyon match. Nabil Fekir ripped them apart. He was targeted by Liverpool and the deal collapsed, and was available for less than Zaha's quoted fee.

Obviously he isn't good enough to break into our team, so next summer he'll have to settle for Pool/ManC or some other Championship team.

Just watched the ManC Vs Lyon match. Nabil Fekir ripped them apart. He was targeted by Liverpool and the deal collapsed, and was available for less than Zaha's quoted fee.

Obviously he isn't good enough to break into our team, so next summer he'll have to settle for Pool/ManC or some other Championship team.
I've seen him quite a bit he'd walk into our team(never seen him run) however isn't the Lyon chairman another who Levy has upset?

For all of Poch’s short comings, other than the obvious ( slow learner, poor at due diligence, match planner etc) he lacks BALLS.

He lacks the courage of his own conviction. Give me the reigns and I’ll sit Levy down, and sell him on the need to sign certain players to allow our investments to recoup ( World Cup hungover players) and give this title and the cups a red hot go!
Poch comes across as a soft touch, one which Levy can slap about without the risk of him walking out, and with Spurs ticking over nicely ( not over achieving) and having the books balanced.

If anything, given the quality of our squad, Poch should’ve won something within the last 48 months. He now appears to be on a downward spiral having peaked without success.

Poch seems to have lost the passion, which unfortunately is rubbing off on to his soldiers. It’s not too late though, if he has a moment of clarity, regroups and focuses on what was once his priority....building a legacy, building a quality, fit strong squad dedicated to winning EVERY game, and committed to winning the title.
It’s as much a mental thing that’s it is physical, but Poch is not know for intelligence, or for mentally encouraging players. He’s a proved slow learner.
We have the quality in our squad. It’s up to Poch to realise that quality. If he can’t do it, then unfortunately we’ll need to find someone who can.

It’s true, I’ve lost some confidence in Pochettino simply because we lost 3 in a row. The problem is one game lost is a hiccup, 3 is more of a pattern and people fear the worst. I think we had extenuating circumstances with WC matches taking the energy and focus out of the team. Ok we can say the manager should have managed that. Easy to say but this is a very competitive league. All eyes will be on the forthcoming games. If any of those go wrong that lack of confidence will return. But Pochettino is a good manager, I wouldn’t want to make a rash decision about him but give him a chance. As someone said, “who would you get in his place?” We don’t need destabilising at the moment with the introduction of a new manager, who may be a lot worse. The team needs to step up and we need to get rest for the jaded players, not easy to do, with all the extra Carabao cup games etc coming up.

Careful choices of player for each game and good manipulation of our assets will be crucial I think. But hey, we can get by I think. Not a time to worry at the moment, we had a good win yesterday against BHA.