Have we outgrown Poch? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Have we outgrown Poch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
For the people mentioning Zaha and those saying no better than Lucas your both right and wrong. I'll name drop, I spoke to Chris waddle and mentioned this, as I'd been on Vital digging out EX for wanting Wilfred, and it was Waddle made me see that it's as much off the pitch as on that getting Zaha refreshes the squad. The players look at him and go either "right I have to be on it,he's not having my spot". Or he simply makes them think blimey we are serious about this . Right now there's a realization at Spurs that unless one of our kids is extra special we have hit the glass. Cant buy big enough can't win. Zaha( success or not )challenges that narrative. Maybe even in the coaches mind.

It goes back to what I said Fergie was on about, freshening the dressing room up otherwise it all goes stale, Rio Ferdinand was saying exactly the same thing on telly a couple of days ago.

Considering that one of the 'positives ' ( lol ) of buying no one was supposed to be the fact that no one needs bedding in and the group all know their role as they've been together for so long.

So how come we can't defend a corner anymore ?

I am not sure if MP has outgrown us...but I can see him leaving this train wreck ASAP and probably a few of our players will be leaving as well...and why not?

My fear is I have no idea who we would bring in.

But like someone has mentioned...we finished 2nd a few times and did...nothing...

We could be in for an epic collapse that will take YEARS to recover from. YAY we have a new stadium....

I seriously hope we turn this around.

I am not sure if MP has outgrown us...but I can see him leaving this train wreck ASAP and probably a few of our players will be leaving as well...and why not?

My fear is I have no idea who we would bring in.

But like someone has mentioned...we finished 2nd a few times and did...nothing...

We could be in for an epic collapse that will take YEARS to recover from. YAY we have a new stadium....

I seriously hope we turn this around.

To be honest I wouldn't blame them and I don't think it would hurt us as much as people think.

When we were crap we won as much as we won now. Only difference is we have higher expectations now and it hurts more when we lose and doesn't mean as much when we win. Bring back the days of finishing 8th and it making my weekend when we won a game lol

Whilst Enic & Levy are no angels, he caused this trainwreck.

The summer we bought Sissoko, we also bought GKN for 11 and Janssen for 17 (and paid for a loan move for a keeper we never played). Meanwhile Pool bought Wijnaldum for 25 and Mane for 32.

Last year we bought Gazza, Juan 'one for the distant future' Foyth, Aurier and Llorente for 45 million, while Robertson was sold for 8 million and Solanke for 3.

This is 105 million in spending which we wont be able to get back, and a massive blow to our wage bill.

We have players nobody wants or can afford. Sissoko and Llorente will run down their 90k+ contracts while we cant afford contract extensions for Toby and Eriksen.

The summer we bought Sissoko, we also bought GKN for 11 and Janssen for 17 (and paid for a loan move for a keeper we never played). Meanwhile Pool bought Wijnaldum for 25 and Mane for 32.

Last year we bought Gazza, Juan 'one for the distant future' Foyth, Aurier and Llorente for 45 million, while Robertson was sold for 8 million and Solanke for 3.

This is 105 million in spending which we wont be able to get back, and a massive blow to our wage bill.

We have players nobody wants or can afford. Sissoko and Llorente will run down their 90k+ contracts while we cant afford contract extensions for Toby and Eriksen.
This here is the truth.

Which makes me annoyed when we say we cant afford 50/60 million players.

We can - we just spunk it all on three Donkeys.

As EX has pointed out before it’s not the transfer fee as much as the salaries that good players’ agents demand and Levy won’t/can’t pay...the can’t probably being to do with the heated toilet seats in the boardroom toilets.

For the people mentioning Zaha and those saying no better than Lucas your both right and wrong. I'll name drop, I spoke to Chris waddle and mentioned this, as I'd been on Vital digging out EX for wanting Wilfred, and it was Waddle made me see that it's as much off the pitch as on that getting Zaha refreshes the squad. The players look at him and go either "right I have to be on it,he's not having my spot". Or he simply makes them think blimey we are serious about this . Right now there's a realization at Spurs that unless one of our kids is extra special we have hit the glass. Cant buy big enough can't win. Zaha( success or not )challenges that narrative. Maybe even in the coaches mind.

I played golf with him recently. :-)

Zaha was exactly what we needed and would have changed the dynamic of our attack/midfield.

He's a winner, who now sadly because of his greed, will never be.

Zaha was exactly what we needed and would have changed the dynamic of our attack/midfield.

What makes you say he is greedy?

I heard he donates 10% off his salary each month to charities. Made a big contribution to help the CPFC ladies team to play the season.

If clubs don’t want to fork out the money for him why shouldn’t he get a bigger contract at palace. If he’s that goood like we think then he should be earning 100k plus a week. He carries that team

Last edited:

I do like Zaha... but do you really think, in a non counter attack side, he'd offer much more than Lucas has? or Son does when on form?

As EX has pointed out before it’s not the transfer fee as much as the salaries that good players’ agents demand and Levy won’t/can’t pay...the can’t probably being to do with the heated toilet seats in the boardroom toilets.

We have 300k+ a week in wages on crap players.

What makes you say he is greedy?

I heard he donates 10% off his salary each month to charities. Made a big contribution to help the CPFC ladies team to play the season.

If clubs don’t want to fork out the money for him why shouldn’t he get a bigger contract at palace. If he’s that goood like we think then he should be earning 100k plus a week. He carries that team

He has made some notable charitable donations - all off set against tax.

Their are many many players that do the same but their work doesn't see the light of day, I'm not belittling his donations, they are significant and worthwhile.

I am more thinking of how he's put money over his career and how he used the interest (or at least his agent did) to nail him a deal that CP may very well end up regretting - we will see.

All new signings are no better than a 50/50 gamble - the stats say so. There were many here who absolutely completely and totally believed that Sissoko was the player that we so desperately need in midfield.

I never did, in fact I said exactly the opposite.

The trouble is that once they fail to make the grade, the player and the agent have you over a barrel - but that's the business of the football business !

All new signings are no better than a 50/50 gamble - the stats say so. There were many here who absolutely completely and totally believed that Sissoko was the player that we so desperately need in midfield.

I never did, in fact I said exactly the opposite.

The trouble is that once they fail to make the grade, the player and the agent have you over a barrel - but that's the business of the football business !

50/50 would be a huge improvement. Last 2 years we have 2/9 (Wanyama and Sanchez).

Lucas is more than showing signs of being a decent buy. I still have some vague hope that Aurier will come good as I rated him when I saw him a couple times for PSG. That gets us closer to 50/50.

Our striker signing ratio is extremely poor. How many have we signed since Berbatov? Ade was a good loan signing and a terrible permanent signing, Soldado, Llorente, Janssen & etc...

Makes you wonder if Kane didn't come through the ranks, who on earth would be starting for us up front these days.

Lucas - Yep going to be fine
Aurier - Still unknown
Sanchez - Going to be ok I think

I still think in order to salvage this damn thing, we need to inject our youth into the system ASAP.

The team is way off form, players look tired, disinterested.

We don't have a choice but giving the youth players a chance as we didn't sign anyone. Poch needs to get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for the situation we are in. It's his 5th season it's his squad so frigging deal with it. He is on 9m a year.

He is really pissing me off at the moment. Basic mistakes are being made week after week from players and himself and he is not addressing the issues.

He is the manager so the buck stops with him.

We have signed 9 players over the last 2.5 seasons. 3 are duffers. Jansen and Nkudou were signed as potential, Llorente was a mistake . I have not included Sissoko as a duffer because he has played a lot of minutes and done a job covering players injured etc.

The team is way off form, players look tired, disinterested.

We don't have a choice but giving the youth players a chance as we didn't sign anyone. Poch needs to get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for the situation we are in. It's his 5th season it's his squad so frigging deal with it. He is on 9m a year.

He is really pissing me off at the moment. Basic mistakes are being made week after week from players and himself and he is not addressing the issues.

He is the manager so the buck stops with him.
He has to manage the tiredness thing but it's not his fault. Most of the bollox he comes out with is deflectionary ala Jose.