Have we gone from the sublime to the ridiculous..? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Have we gone from the sublime to the ridiculous..?

This needs to be the group that play 80-90% of the remaining games

Lloris
Tanganga, Sanchez, Dier, Reggie
Ndombele, Hojbjerg

This defence would feel very comfortable playing a higher line which would benefit us in so many ways.

What then takes us to a new level is if combos of Gio, Dele and Bale can truly get going ahead of them in tandem with Kane and Son.

Imagine never having to see that Aurier, Sissoko, Moura Championship combo on the right ever again :-)

Lloris is throwing them in for fun.
Tanganga is promising but has got injured in the past and I would suggest needs rotation.
Sanchez cant pass or read the game.
Dier is being educated on the job.
Reggie is injury prone due to the way he plays.
Ndombele is a showboater.
Hojbjerg is a liability around the box.

I would play Hart in more games in readiness for Hugo's departure.
I would persevere with Doherty in rotation with the other two RBs.
Sanchez needs to be the one to allow Rodon and Toby to play in some games.
Unfortunately Davies will have to play in lesser games to protect Reggie
Ndombele needs challenging by Loco and Dele for his place.
Hojbjerg needs educating but I think will learn, I suspect he is being overplayed though.

How many players has he used in the back? I don't think it's that many.

Japhet, Toby, Rodon, Dier, Davies, Sanchez have all played games and he's chopped and changed which one plays on the left, sometimes Dier, sometimes Toby, think even Sanchez has played left of the duo.

Then we've also switched between 2 and 3 at the back. There's no consistency.

Tanganga is promising but has got injured in the past and I would suggest needs rotation.

Hojbjerg needs educating but I think will learn, I suspect he is being overplayed though.
Everybody has there views/vision, somewhere in the middle is correct. lol!

Japhet, Toby, Rodon, Dier, Davies, Sanchez have all played games and he's chopped and changed which one plays on the left, sometimes Dier, sometimes Toby, think even Sanchez has played left of the duo.

Then we've also switched between 2 and 3 at the back. There's no consistency.
freund its that word....consistency, how dare you make sense lol!

So what you're basically saying to Ex's original question is that we should maintain the constant rotation and hope for the improvement that way? I can happily disagree.

What I can promise you is that we can put down any list of players and happily find reasons why they shouldn't be selected. That is because we don't have the quality at the club. It's a bit of a Hobson's choice conversation.

What I would challenge everyone to do is look for the qualities that you need to build a unit and focus on them instead. That's what I did. I want a higher defensive line to make the midfield and attacking unit more effective. I want a defence that is athletic, pacy and physically dominant.

Hence my choices....

Lloris - trusting him to find his form. He is our captain and calming influence in the back line.
Tanganga - better defender than Doherty, more ability than Aurier, more likely to pivot behind the centre halves who are higher, and recovery pace when he gets forward.
Sanchez - pace and strength. Best facing forward and with short passing options. Always better with a run in the side.
Dier - dominant in the air and a leader. Another to be trusted to find his form.
Reggie - x-factor by running on the outside and inside channels, and pace to burn. Recovery pace as well.
Hojbjerg - football brain working over time, positionally excellent and good at keeping possession
Ndombele - best position is centre mid. A special talent who will become even better once more football brains are ahead of him.

So what you're basically saying to Ex's original question is that we should maintain the constant rotation and hope for the improvement that way? I can happily disagree.

What I can promise you is that we can put down any list of players and happily find reasons why they shouldn't be selected. That is because we don't have the quality at the club. It's a bit of a Hobson's choice conversation.

What I would challenge everyone to do is look for the qualities that you need to build a unit and focus on them instead. That's what I did. I want a higher defensive line to make the midfield and attacking unit more effective. I want a defence that is athletic, pacy and physically dominant.

Hence my choices....

Lloris - trusting him to find his form. He is our captain and calming influence in the back line.
Tanganga - better defender than Doherty, more ability than Aurier, more likely to pivot behind the centre halves who are higher, and recovery pace when he gets forward.
Sanchez - pace and strength. Best facing forward and with short passing options. Always better with a run in the side.
Dier - dominant in the air and a leader. Another to be trusted to find his form.
Reggie - x-factor by running on the outside and inside channels, and pace to burn. Recovery pace as well.
Hojbjerg - football brain working over time, positionally excellent and good at keeping possession
Ndombele - best position is centre mid. A special talent who will become even better once more football brains are ahead of him.

Exactly, it's a Hobsons Choice of players that are mostly below top 4 standard.

I dont know about constant rotation but I wouldnt want to overplay some or write off others.

I always think of City this season. Starting partnership was Diaz and Laporte. Pepe backed his new signing who played well. Laporte gets injured and Stones comes in and the first choice partnership becomes Stones and Diaz. No hesitation from Pep to leave Laporte sitting waiting for his chance. Then Diaz gets a knock and the Stones / Laporte partnership takes over. At RB, Walker finally succumbs to an injury and Cancelo plays a blinder. Walker is now a bench warmer.

How do we get to that? Simple. By stop worrying about overplaying and create a true meritocracy, something Jose has struggled with.

If we'd give Japhet more chances at RB (I accept he did have a nasty injury that kept him out) and had persevered with KPW (now getting rave reviews almost every game) and held onto Sess and brought him on as and when we could.

We may well have had an entire outcome.

Basically, we made some bad/unfortunate decisions.

As you may recall, I was against each of those spurious decisions. AND can you just imagine... If Jose hadn't had his head upa Skrinirierereier's ass, and done the deal Levy had on the Table, we'd have Ruben Dias in our lineup too. Oh and Max Aarons on the wing just for fun.

But hey, Jose Jose! He's our guy! He'll win a trophy! Do or Dierrrrrrrr......