Have Sky become the new BT Sport? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Have Sky become the new BT Sport?

But the 100's of millions that City earned and being the top club in the country is a bit of comfort though isn't it? :cup:

Yes after 40 years of being the butt end of a joke banner at Stretford where they changed the number of years season after season since we won a major trophy and this condoned by Stretford officials by allowing that banner to remain season after season.

Since we were purchased the cartel of Sky top 4 plus the top clubs in Europe have done every thing they can think of to stop us, in clouding changing the goal posts, to ensure we were fined and a transfer ban introduced.

No I don’t take any comfort from it, I take immense joy from it, the difference between HRG Mansour and other rich owners is that they have come in reorganised restructured improved, involved the community, brought employment to a run down part of the City, built a 6 form college, have a big involvement in City in the community, increased a 60 million turnover into a 500 million turnover and have made the club sustainable in its own right.

Clubs we have purchased players from have come at a premium for average players, instead of an original 10 year programme the FFP forced the club to condense that 10 years into a much shorter period.

A noisy neighbour and not in my lifetime and I enjoy every title we can gain.

The thing is that if they had bought Notts County, I would have said the lucky bastards,(because I never thought anyone would buy us with the richest club in the world just situated outside the City limits,) but would FFP have been introduced?[/QUOTE]
Post of the year! well done

Yes, JK, agree 100%. :clap::clap::clap:
Buzz, can you keep a copy of your post somewhere so we can dig it out when someone else drags the subject up again?

Yes, JK, agree 100%. :clap::clap::clap:
Buzz, can you keep a copy of your post somewhere so we can dig it out when someone else drags the subject up again?

as long as no-one deletes this thread, then it will always be here.

HRH Mansour has got to be an exceptional owner, where he has bought a club and then developed it into a global brand, I am so proud that they considered the local community and engaged with them and still do, I am sure Stretford has the same programme and whilst Stretford make money hand over fist, they never seem to reduce their debts significantly and I have always thought that UEFA should be on the backs of clubs carrying enormous debts.

always thought that UEFA should be on the backs of clubs carrying enormous debts

That's why it was proposed in the first place, to tackle debt.

The problem was all of Europe's major clubs would be affected by sanctions against debt so instead they switched their attention to those that were bringing money from outside football and investing it into football.

Put it like this, Sheikh Mansour has invested approximately a billion pounds into football through Manchester City. The Glazers have siphoned approximately a billion pounds out of football through Manchester United. The former is sanctioned yet there's a blind eye turned to the latter. It's disgusting.

.....and of course the other side of City’s absence from Sky’s schedules is a reduction in tv revenue for the club. If I were the suspicious type one might even see this as a covert means of reducing City’s overall revenue stream.

I await the usual bleating about ‘financial doping’ once the news of City’s new kit sponsorship deal picks up traction.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/manchester-city-kit-supplier-puma-city-football-group

However, this is slightly off piste.......

Back on the original track, part of the thought for this thread was underpinned by Sky’s somewhat odd decison (IMO) to not show the League Cup tie against Oxford Utd. When the draw was made I thought it would be ripe for viewing with lower league opponents playing the PL Champions and I was somewhat surprised that it wasn’t selected. The Big Ticket Liverpool v Chelsea game was always likely to get chosen and they went with the rags v Derby, which in the end appears to have been vindicated given the late comeback and penalty shoot out ending..........but they had no way of knowing that at the time.

My question is .........had the rags been drawn against Oxford Utd and City played Derby County how many people believe that the “lower league minnows take on the mighty Man U*d” would have been the game shown on tv?

My question is .........had the rags been drawn against Oxford Utd and City played Derby County how many people believe that the “lower league minnows take on the mighty Man U*d” would have been the game shown on tv?

a resounding yes and the sad thing was that Oxford probably needed the money more than Derby or Stretford

....exactly Buzz. They do indeed and the tv revenue could make a huge difference to their season.

Sky are under no obligation to fund lower league clubs and have to look to their commercial revenues from the advertising they sell etc during the games etc.....

Which brings me back to my original point.......whilst Sky’s interests are served by showing the rags surely increasingly they are/will be served by showing City whose fan base is increasing. The infrequent appearances this season is in sharp contrast to 2017/18 so much so that is very noticeable and odd. In my opinion.

Sky are getting desperate and are now offering TalkTalk customers a cut price deal, i still wont sigh up -

Sky Sports price crash as TalkTalk slashes cost to new low - but what's the catch?

There's another new deal for those wanting to watch all big sporting action this year.

After Virgin Media dropped its prices earlier this week TalkTalk is now joining the price drop party with its own unique offer.

The broadband and TV supplier has just announced a new deal which sees customers able to pick up Sky Sports for just £15 per month.

The deal is available from 13th July until 16th August with customers able to enjoy all eight Sky Sports Channels, featuring over 120 Premier League matches, races from the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championships and the World Golf Championships.

Those already on one of TalkTalk’s Faster Fibre Plans can add the Sky Sports boost to their current TV package.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...orts-price-drop-deal-TalkTalk-broadband-offer

Sky are upgrading to superfast fibre broadband in our area with a roll-out starting in December to be completed by Spring. Got an email telling us it will double our speed from its current average of 36mbps to 63mbps at no extra cost.

Sky are upgrading to superfast fibre broadband in our area with a roll-out starting in December to be completed by Spring. Got an email telling us it will double our speed from its current average of 36mbps to 63mbps at no extra cost.

beats my 1mb/s (yes that is a one and not a typo)