Have Leeds | Vital Football

Have Leeds

Mistaram

Vital Youth Team
Anybody else think our transfer policy is being controlled by Leeds In not convinced they are ever going to meet our asking price I see in tonight's news they have moved on to Jota from Villa There owner was this morning saying they may concentrate on high class loans Could all be bluff but hopefully nobody can afford Vydra and he stays

Anybody else think our transfer policy is being controlled by Leeds In not convinced they are ever going to meet our asking price I see in tonight's news they have moved on to Jota from Villa There owner was this morning saying they may concentrate on high class loans Could all be bluff but hopefully nobody can afford Vydra and he stays

Has anybody actually seen anything, anywhere about Leeds and Vydra from a source within either DCFC or LUFC?

Thought not. It is, IMO, no more than column inch filling crap from people not fit to be called journalists.

Reports now that the Vydra "deal" has collapsed over wages and Bryson has stood up and said he doesn't want to leave Derby.

No sources given though...............

Reports now that the Vydra "deal" has collapsed over wages and Bryson has stood up and said he doesn't want to leave Derby.

No sources given though...............
Apparently Vydra, or his agent is asking too high a personal deal, which I suppose is understandable given that he is the Golden Boot winner from last season and looks a certainty to get whoever buys his at least 15 goals in the coming season............ Maybe cashing in on him is a good idea but what would keeping him and possibly a rejuvenated Bryson do to our chances of promotion?

To be honest I think Mel has put any higher than 10th on the back burner for the coming season and I am getting increasingly worried that Lampard will be moving on before the season ends..................Goodness knows how we managed to attract Lampard in the first place!

Apparently Vydra, or his agent is asking too high a personal deal, which I suppose is understandable given that he is the Golden Boot winner from last season and looks a certainty to get whoever buys his at least 15 goals in the coming season............ Maybe cashing in on him is a good idea but what would keeping him and possibly a rejuvenated Bryson do to our chances of promotion?

To be honest I think Mel has put any higher than 10th on the back burner for the coming season and I am getting increasingly worried that Lampard will be moving on before the season ends..................Goodness knows how we managed to attract Lampard in the first place!

As I said before, it was the lure of a compensation package before Xmas.
I would never had gone for a multi-millionaire who has his fingers in too many financial pies including a huge property portfolio, Too much conflict of interest.

I would never had gone for a multi-millionaire who has his fingers in too many financial pies including a huge property portfolio, Too much conflict of interest.
I would never had gone for a multi-millionaire who has his fingers in too many financial pies including a huge property portfolio, Too much conflict of interest.Yes

Another brilliant analogy from you Basie do you really think a multi-millanaire would put himself through the pressure of football management if it wasn't something he desperately wants to do

Taking Basie's cynicism as genuine that makes Lamps up for an Oscar for the performances so far in interviews. They sound so genuine.

Think we’re all a bit frustrated by the apparent lack of action Bloomer but I honestly don’t think Lampard and company would have come without some belief that they would have the resources to achieve something this season.

Basie is undone by his own logic...Lampard hasn’t come for a mid season pay off pay day...he is a very rich man already and doesn’t need it. He’ll be far more interested in progressing as a manager which means achieving success of some description at Derby.

Because of the World Cup not much Premiership business has been done...maybe we have to wait until things start falling into place more there. Patience is a virtue I’m not terribly familiar with but I think we’ll need some this time round. Plenty of time yet.

Think we’re all a bit frustrated by the apparent lack of action Bloomer but I honestly don’t think Lampard and company would have come without some belief that they would have the resources to achieve something this season.

Basie is undone by his own logic...Lampard hasn’t come for a mid season pay off pay day...he is a very rich man already and doesn’t need it. He’ll be far more interested in progressing as a manager which means achieving success of some description at Derby.

Because of the World Cup not much Premiership business has been done...maybe we have to wait until things start falling into place more there. Patience is a virtue I’m not terribly familiar with but I think we’ll need some this time round. Plenty of time yet.

RA all the pressure is on Kranky the trees are the highest spenders in the division by miles If they are not top three at the end of Oct he will be quite rightly out of the door No excuses this year about the five year plan All the pressure on them for a change ,

Surely, FL needs to look at his players in the flesh before deciding who he needs or doesn't need.

For example, he may see Blackman in training and friendlies and think that he can turn him into a key player for the team.

He's had one week of training in tenerife most of which would have been fitness based, to assess his players.

I think we'll be a bit behind everyone else.

Taking Basie's cynicism as genuine that makes Lamps up for an Oscar for the performances so far in interviews. They sound so genuine.

It's often the nice looking person with the friendly smile who are the most successful con merchants. He's probably noticed that Derby soon get rid of their managers who then get a big compensation payments, and thought to himself "I'll get a bit of that".

I agree
Surely, FL needs to look at his players in the flesh before deciding who he needs or doesn't need.

For example, he may see Blackman in training and friendlies and think that he can turn him into a key player for the team.

He's had one week of training in tenerife most of which would have been fitness based, to assess his players.

I think we'll be a bit behind everyone else.

I agree Ram. We have a number of players who have underachieved in the past, not least because they’ve been used in roles that didn’t suit them.

Blackman may be one, Lawrence, Butterfield and possibly Martin may be others. Remember this time last year many would have happily given Vydra away.

FL most certainly has to assess the talent and attitude already at his disposal.

This may result in us being ‘a bit behind everyone else’ but that might be better than rushing in and chucking money at every unproven target available.

Not sure how the deadline for Premier squads having to be finalised, assuming they still have to be, fits in with the window closing on August 9th (?!) but around this time may be when we are busiest.

Last edited:
I agree

I agree Ram. We have a number of players who have underachieved in the past, not least because they’ve been used in roles that didn’t suit them.

Blackman may be one, Lawrence, Butterfield and possibly Martin may be others. Remember this time last year many would have happily given Vydra away.

FL most certainly has to assess the talent and attitude already at his disposal.

This may result in us being ‘a bit behind everyone else’ but that might be better than rushing in and chucking money at every unproven target available.

Not sure how the deadline for Premier squads having to be finalised, assuming they still have to be, fits in with the window closing on August 9th (?!) but around this time may be when we are busiest.

Regarding Premier league players, we are more likely to be loaning those players and the loan window doesn't close until the end of August which is well after their squads are announced.

You have to admit it is a little concerning that we haven't managed to lure at least one loan signing, or indeed permanent signing to the club after releasing three top earners, letting Russell leave and selling Weimann.

Yes, we still have a strong squad, but one that is quite old and needs freshening up with youth and youth with a bit of quality if Frank is to improve on the squad from last season.

I know Frank and his family have their finances sorted for life, what with Christine's TV work and the many lucrative avenues Frank had and presumably still has in football and TV. So making a success of Derby County isn't a worry for him, but it should be for Mel Morris and Rams fans. He could walk away tomorrow after well and truly stuffing this club up and I still don't see how we sold the job to him, given that we don't appear to have any money (despite promises of a substantial transfer kitty) to attract or buy players, let alone loan anyone.

Four weeks and a day until the transfer window closes, so I guess we need to get our finger out if we are to strengthen the squad....

Can't really see Lampard Jacking it in before Christmas as he seems as committed to Derby's success as his own personal career, but it is a possibility, especially if he has been promised more than we can deliver in regards to players and transfer kitty. It has been done before, Paul Clement had the cash he wanted but still stated that the job was bigger than he anticipated despite having early success the dreaded second half of the season saw him fail...........

It's often the nice looking person with the friendly smile who are the most successful con merchants. He's probably noticed that Derby soon get rid of their managers who then get a big compensation payments, and thought to himself "I'll get a bit of that".

Basie you would make a great comedian (he's probably noticed that Derby soon get rid of their managers ) This coming from a so called supporter of the joke club of football Who in the last five seasons have had Cotterill Odriscoll McLeish Davies Pearce Freedman Williams Montanier Warburton Karanka and Brazil 4times has their manager Bet everyone of them knew they would get an easy pay off

As well as having been turned down by Colin ****** and no doubt countless others during those 5 years. lets face it, if we are "careless" with managers, they are downright willfully incompetent.

You have to admit it is a little concerning that we haven't managed to lure at least one loan signing, or indeed permanent signing to the club after releasing three top earners, letting Russell leave and selling Weimann.

Yes, we still have a strong squad, but one that is quite old and needs freshening up with youth and youth with a bit of quality if Frank is to improve on the squad from last season.

I know Frank and his family have their finances sorted for life, what with Christine's TV work and the many lucrative avenues Frank had and presumably still has in football and TV. So making a success of Derby County isn't a worry for him, but it should be for Mel Morris and Rams fans. He could walk away tomorrow after well and truly stuffing this club up and I still don't see how we sold the job to him, given that we don't appear to have any money (despite promises of a substantial transfer kitty) to attract or buy players, let alone loan anyone.

Four weeks and a day until the transfer window closes, so I guess we need to get our finger out if we are to strengthen the squad....

I do concede it’s a ‘little bit concerning’ and I’d be much happier if we’d done some business that everyone was excited by but...we can’t go from being pleased that someone of Lampard’s stature has come on board to panicking about the lack of signings within just a few weeks.

I haven’t said ‘making a success of Derby isn’t a worry for him’...I’ve said - strictly in answer to Basie’s spurious allegation that he’s only here for the pay off - that it isn’t a financial worry.

As you say...he’s set up financially for life come what may, but I imagine he wants to test his management skills at the highest level. We are the first step on that ladder and making a success of Derby will be important to both him and the staff he has brought in. Professional pride and all that.

Yes we need to see some incoming talent but Ram59’s clarification about the Premier League loan window now makes even more sense and I can see FL listening to what we know about what we’ve got...giving them a chance to play to their strengths...not being bullied in the transfer market...and strengthening through loans until the January market opens.

Honestly, a good start would be very welcome but I don’t really care exactly where we are till around Christmas. Much rather be next season’s Fulham rather than Sheffield United and push on in the second half for a change.

Don’t panic Mr. Bloomer...it doesn’t suit you. :bounce:

P.S. Having everything sorted in plenty of time is very comforting but it doesn’t have to take long to ‘fit in’. Remember Stimac and Saunders?

Last edited:
Latest Rams News