Have I read Scally’s letter right? | Vital Football

Have I read Scally’s letter right?

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
I must admit I read it quickly but Iread it as the shop/mega store would be closing and merchandise outlets around the ground on Match day.?

did I read this right or not anyone?

That's the gist I got too. Obviously laid off the permanent shop staff and can then staff the merchandise outlets with minimum wage teenagers on matchdays!

He said the main shop will close and be replaced by “other match day shops and offerings”, whatever that means.

And they are moving more towards online purchases and driving that side.

Redundancies if they have gone down that route would mean he will not be able to open the shop as it is for a while.

He said the main shop will close and be replaced by “other match day shops and offerings”, whatever that means.

And they are moving more towards online purchases and driving that side.

The closing of the megastore might be more down to social distancing and not wanting everyone who wants a shirt all bundling into the same store.

As to other match day stops, it could be the club planning to set up various stalls within the ground selling a small range of merchandise in the hope people will go to different stalls and spread out more.

The closing of the megastore might be more down to social distancing and not wanting everyone who wants a shirt all bundling into the same store.

As to other match day stops, it could be the club planning to set up various stalls within the ground selling a small range of merchandise in the hope people will go to different stalls and spread out more.
...possibly these smaller outlets would have the merchandise behind the counter, avoiding people touching and it pacing them back on the shelves.

I do think redundancies are a real option too.

Click & collect perhaps but clearly it's the cost base he is addressing. It's going to be a weird experience all round.

...possibly these smaller outlets would have the merchandise behind the counter, avoiding people touching and it pacing them back on the shelves.

I do think redundancies are a real option too.

If they are not serving food, the half to a dozen food counters in the Rainham End could be used as shop outlets with different range of items sold at each intended to spread people out. The unused food counters around the ground already have multiple tills on them and would be a logical place.

I don't know who many redundancies there would be as I get the impression that most of the staff on match day in the Megastore and the food outlets are zero contract workers and not permanent members of staff.

The megastore is busy on match days, but empty for most of the time. It makes perfect sense to spread the merchandise round the ground and open just on match days when the customers are there.