Have Bristol rovers settled us for Hanlan yet? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Have Bristol rovers settled us for Hanlan yet?

The other conclusion which I favour is that the tribunal simply hasn’t taken place yet. Maybe Covid is delaying it.
Saying "he went for alot of money" would seem a pretty weird thing for Evans to say if the fee hadnt been agreed (either by tribunal or out of court) IMO.

Could be his wages, which we couldn't afford. Thankfully!
At the risk of being whooshed here (as i feel like you guys must on a wind up by now)... the whole quote was that he "went for a lot of wages and a lot of money". so my point was that it would be a weird thing to say 'a lot of wages', and then also specify 'a lot of money' in the same sentence as well, if you really actually just meant a lot of wages.

At the risk of being whooshed here (as i feel like you guys must on a wind up by now)... the whole quote was that he "went for a lot of wages and a lot of money". so my point was that it would be a weird thing to say 'a lot of wages', and then also specify 'a lot of money' in the same sentence as well, if you really actually just meant a lot of wages.

Signing on fee ?

Wind up? Nah. Didn't see the whole quote. You'd have thought people would explain themselves properly...

The quotes in KentOnline are just lifted from a longer interview that was on iFollow, where from the general context it was fairly clear that he meant the 2 players went to Rovers for a lot of wages and money for themselves rather than referring to any payment the club had already got.

I read it as he "went there for lots of wages and lots of money." meaning he went there for big wages (which we know), but also the "lots of money" bit is referring to transfer fees involved, otherwise it seems a bit of an unnecessary addition to the sentence. I agree it's not 100%, but there's enough in that to make me think that's the much more likely event, and therefore as a result must mean the fee has already been agreed....given our agreement that the tribunal is very unlikely to have taken place, the only conclusion surely is that a fee was agreed outside of the tribunal. That's my reasoning anyway.

I am sure someone will ask at the next Q&A with the FSW.

At least this has been cleared up by Scally’s letter to the fans. Tribunal still to take place.
The “lots of wages and a lot of money” quote was simply referring to the contract Brandon got, not any payment or transfer fee paid privately or otherwise to Gills.