Have Bristol rovers settled us for Hanlan yet? | Vital Football

Have Bristol rovers settled us for Hanlan yet?

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
Does anyone know what, if anything we got for Hanlan choosing to go to Bristol rovers? I appreciate it’s not usually announced but normally there’s something to say for the club to say it’s been settled?

have I missed it?

Does anyone know what, if anything we got for Hanlan choosing to go to Bristol rovers? I appreciate it’s not usually announced but normally there’s something to say for the club to say it’s been settled?

have I missed it?

It would probably come under "undisclosed fee" anyway, but nothing has been announced.

We've finished playing them so let's hope he goes on a scoring spree....ok, nets a few.

£25 with £5 bonus if Bristol Rovers get to the championship!

We were definitely due a fee for Hanlan, due to his age, and the fact we definitely offered him a contract extension (for the same/more money than the previous contract - quite a bit more apparently, in this case).

In first instance it will be up to the clubs to agree a fee, if the clubs cannot agree out of court then the case will go to tribunal.

When it was looking likely he would move, Evans publicly expressed that GFC and Rovers were yet to agree a fee as the valuations of him were drastically different. Evans made it clear he was particularly surprised that Rovers seemed keen to go the tribunal route in the current climate, since tribunal fees are due much sooner (within a week) compared with what gfc might have allowed in a private agreement (i.e. pay over 6 months-a year).

At the point Hanlan left, i don't believe it was made clear if a fee had yet been agreed. The impression was that it hadn't, but that didn't (and shouldn't) stop him from moving on, as discussions can continue after he's gone and we had the protection of a tribunal if needed.

I have not heard anything since. I would be surprised if it ever went to a tribunal since all tribunal outcomes are publicly recorded so I am sure we would have heard something if it was (we know how much we got for Ryan Bertrand and/or Egan). Has anyone checked the FA/Football League website? It would be recorded on there if a tribunal did take place. It's possible that the tribunal could be coming up, but I think I've seen Evans state publicly that we did get money for him, so I would assume that means an agreement was come to, since we've not heard anything about a tribunal.

I suspect it's just an out of course settlement which as not been publicly disclosed which seems to be the norm for GFC (and many other clubs) these days.

Last edited:
We were definitely due a fee for Hanlan, due to his age, and the fact we definitely offered him a contract extension (for the same/more money than the previous contract - quite a bit more apparently, in this case).

In first instance it will be up to the clubs to agree a fee, if the clubs cannot agree out of court then the case will go to tribunal.

When he moved, Evans publicly expressed that GFC and Rovers were yet to agree a fee as the valuations of him were drastically different. Evans made it clear he was particularly surprised that Rovers seemed keen to go the tribunal route as tribunal fees are due much sooner (within a week) compared with what gfc might have allowed in a private agreement (i.e. pay over 6 months-a year).

At the point Hanlan left, it was still not made clear if a fee had yet been agreed. The impression was that it hadn't, but that didn't (and shouldn't) stop him from moving on, as we had the protection of a tribunal if needed.

I have not heard anything since. I would be surprised if it ever went to a tribunal since all tribunal outcomes are publicly recorded so I am sure we would have heard something if it was (we know how much we got for Ryan Bertrand and/or Egan).

I suspect an out of court agreement was made, and it's not been disclosed - since clubs rarely like to publicly share how much a player is signing for these days - particularly GFC.

That's what I said, but in one sentence... 😉

I don’t think they have paid yet otherwise the tribunal would have been reported on by the likes of Kent Online.

I don’t think they have paid yet otherwise the tribunal would have been reported on by the likes of Kent Online.
Lark, you seem to have totally ignored my fairly long message on the matter which explains. :grinning:

Unfortunately LSB2 i think this is proof that some do need the long version (lark).

Lark, you seem to have totally ignored my fairly long message on the matter which explains. :grinning:

Unfortunately LSB2 i think this is proof that some do need the long version (lark).

Sorry I did read it , but I think what you’ve written is basically nonsense.
If a fee had been agreed at a tribunal it would have been reported either that, “an undisclosed fee has been agreed” (possible, since we know Scally doesn’t usually like to reveal how much we get for players), or the fee amount set would have been reported if it’s the case that tribunals have to reveal the amount, (not sure).
That doesn’t mean we won’t have heard anything about it though.
You think you’ve seen Evans state publicly that we did get money for him? Where was that?
I recall him saying we were still owed for him, but this was a while back.
I doubt any private deal between the clubs would be possible this late in the day.

Sorry I did read it , but I think what you’ve written is basically nonsense.
If a fee had been agreed at a tribunal it would have been reported either that, “an undisclosed fee has been agreed” (possible, since we know Scally doesn’t usually like to reveal how much we get for players), or the fee amount set would have been reported if it’s the case that tribunals have to reveal the amount, (not sure).
That doesn’t mean we won’t have heard anything about it though.
You think you’ve seen Evans state publicly that we did get money for him? Where was that?
I recall him saying we were still owed for him, but this was a while back.
I doubt any private deal between the clubs would be possible this late in the day.

All fees at tribunal are decided by the Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC). Their outcomes are not kept secret. They are public.

Scally (or anyone else) would not be able to keep a fee agreed at tribunal as 'undisclosed'. This is the very reason we've always known exactly what the Bertrand and Egan transfer amounts were in the past.

Is that nonsense? Well that's fact, sorry.

Only if the fee is agreed outside of the tribunal, can it be kept 'undisclosed'.

I said in my post, I have not seen any such judgement - although of course it doesn't necessarily mean there's not been one; I don't trawl the net for these things on a daily basis (i wouldn't know where to look to be honest)... but I'd be very surprised if there was a tribunal case, as well as a judgement on it and no one gills representative had mentioned it, and no fan or reporter had realised it yet. Is that really likely? Of course it's possible....but IMO very unlikely.

More likely to me is that it either hasn't come to tribunal yet, or the club and rovers agreed outside of the tribunal, negating the need for one.

Given what Evans is quoted as saying in the below article, it seems the fee has already been agreed:

1614787426998.png

I am not going to trawl the internet for a video from 9 months ago of Evans saying what he said when he signed for Bristol Rovers too to corroborate the other part of my comment.

I guess we'll just need to agree to disagree on that one.

Last edited:
All fees at tribunal are decided by the Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC). Their outcomes are not kept secret. They are public.

Scally (or anyone else) would not be able to keep a fee agreed at tribunal as 'undisclosed'. This is the very reason we've always known exactly what the Bertrand and Egan transfer amounts were in the past.

Only if the fee is agreed outside of the tribunal, can it be kept 'undisclosed'.

I said in my post, I have not seen any such judgement - although of course it doesn't necessarily mean there's not been one; I don't trawl the net for these things on a daily basis (i wouldn't know where to look to be honest)... but I'd be very surprised if there was a tribunal case, as well as a judgement on it and no one gills representative had mentioned it, and no fan or reporter had realised it yet. Is that really likely? Of course it's possible....but IMO very unlikely.

More likely to me is that it either hasn't come to tribunal yet, or the club and rovers agreed outside of the tribunal, negating the need for one.

I am not going to trawl the internet for a video from 2 weeks ago (likewise another from 9 months ago) of Evans saying what he said when a) we played bristol rovers and b) he signed for Bristol Rovers. I guess we'll just need to agree to disagree on that one.

AK says he doesn't know, Lark 🙂

Last edited:

Given what Evans is quoted as saying in the below article, it seems the fee has already been agreed:

View attachment 46546

I am not going to trawl the internet for a video from 9 months ago of Evans saying what he said when he signed for Bristol Rovers too to corroborate the other part of my comment.

I guess we'll just need to agree to disagree on that one.
Yeah tbh I’m doing this all from memory only so you’ve already researched more than me, all I know is that any tribunal between the clubs was never reported on, so I assumed the tribunal had not taken place yet. Therefore, I agree with the first half of your post, and it’s what I was saying anyway other than being unsure whether the fees in tribunal decisions have to be disclosed, (which you’ve presumably just looked up), and it makes sense that the amounts are published in these cases.
We agree that it’s unlikely the tribunal has taken place anyway .

However, I don’t think it’s very likely that the clubs have since agreed something privately, and your quote from Evans I think actually refers to the huge wages and contracts both Hanlan and Ehmer got at Bristol Rovers, packages we couldn’t compete with, and they are two players Evans has said many times that he wanted to keep at the club.
I don’t think the quote refers to any fee agreed between the clubs, but I guess it isn’t 100% clear.

Yeah tbh I’m doing this all from memory only so you’ve already researched more than me, all I know is that any tribunal between the clubs was never reported on, so I assumed the tribunal had not taken place yet. Therefore, I agree with the first half of your post, and it’s what I was saying anyway other than being unsure whether the fees in tribunal decisions have to be disclosed, (which you’ve presumably just looked up), and it makes sense that the amounts are published in these cases.
We agree that it’s unlikely the tribunal has taken place anyway .

However, I don’t think it’s very likely that the clubs have since agreed something privately, and your quote from Evans I think actually refers to the huge wages and contracts both Hanlan and Ehmer got at Bristol Rovers, packages we couldn’t compete with, and they are two players Evans has said many times that he wanted to keep at the club.
I don’t think the quote refers to any fee agreed between the clubs, but I guess it isn’t 100% clear.
I read it as he "went there for lots of wages and lots of money." meaning he went there for big wages (which we know), but also the "lots of money" bit is referring to transfer fees involved, otherwise it seems a bit of an unnecessary addition to the sentence. I agree it's not 100%, but there's enough in that to make me think that's the much more likely event, and therefore as a result must mean the fee has already been agreed....given our agreement that the tribunal is very unlikely to have taken place, the only conclusion surely is that a fee was agreed outside of the tribunal. That's my reasoning anyway.

I am sure someone will ask at the next Q&A with the FSW.

Well...If you and Lark have seen Fred Perry on FB, you've definitely seen me. You'll find me regularly trolling him and his BFF Matt Price for all things scally/evans related.

Ive never come across someone as closed, stubborn and with that kind of mentality before.

I’m sure that Fred guy must have some kind of “condition”. And the other one (a few of them) just follow his company line.

I used to lay into him, or try to see what he was on about. But he’s just not worth it. Sad life he must be leading.

I read it as he "went there for lots of wages and lots of money." meaning he went there for big wages (which we know), but also the "lots of money" bit is referring to transfer fees involved, otherwise it seems a bit of an unnecessary addition to the sentence. I agree it's not 100%, but there's enough in that to make me think that's the much more likely event, and therefore as a result must mean the fee has already been agreed....given our agreement that the tribunal is very unlikely to have taken place, the only conclusion surely is that a fee was agreed outside of the tribunal. That's my reasoning anyway.

I am sure someone will ask at the next Q&A with the FSW.
The other conclusion which I favour is that the tribunal simply hasn’t taken place yet. Maybe Covid is delaying it.