Has there ever been a Villa player that you hated? | Vital Football

Has there ever been a Villa player that you hated?

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Bit of a long intro to this one; I was on FB and an ad came up for celebrities to make videos wishing you a happy birthday. My brother is a Liverpool fan so I started checking which former Liverpool players are on there. Then I had the cheeky idea of finding the most hated Liverpool player and getting him to wish my brother a happy birthday. That made me think if there was a Villa player I hated.

Maybe hate is a bit too strong a word but Lescott and his "pocket" tweet come to mind. Patrick Berger was a lazy sod who stole his wages for most of time he was with us.

I don't think I hate them though.

Are there any players that played for us that you hate?

A friend of mine got Andy Gray to wish me a happy birthday last year. It was brilliant, he started going on about our chances of survival like he was talking on the telly and lost the run of himself.

Anyway, Ross McCormack, Stewart Downing and Joleon Lescott can all go fuck themselves.

Oh, Fat Ross, yeah, good call.

Lescott, obviously just wanted 1 last payday. Went on about supporting us but showed zero commitment. Prick.

Ireland. Got a nice big contract then just sort of gave up. Weak, slow and no effort all for 65k a week.

Downing. Coward. Not physically as I don't really care about wingers being tough guys but I never saw him try to beat his full back ever. Hid behind better players and tap inned his way to a big move at the first opportunity.

Steve Stone. Just thought he was ridiculously overrated before he joined us and didn't change my mind during his time with us. Slow, talentless twat who cost us a fortune then moaned when he got deservedly binned.

Emile Ivanhoe Heskey. In my opinion the man behind our decade long crash. We were on the up and that stopped the moment MON lost his mind and thought this big useless lump was the magic ingredient that was going to get us into the champions league. 3 and a half years of watching this lumbering oaf fail to do anything vaguely useful. Laursen has a better strike rate than him and he's a fecking centre back. Apparently he's a really nice bloke though but still... 3 and a half years!!!

No, really there a few that have milked us like Harewood Richards N'Zogbia and Gabby for the last 4 years of his contract, I hate that type of player

Hopkins, Hodge, Ireland, Warnock, Ayew, Lescott, Richards, Okore, McCormack.
probably a fair few i've forgotten

N’Zogbia is top of my list. I wouldn’t say I have hated many players, but he was one. Absolute leech.

Lescott makes the top 5.

Alpay for the way he left.

I also really disliked (not hated) Mark Kinsella. Probably because we signed him from Charlton and I looked down on us signing a player at 30 years old from Charlton. I just don’t remember him doing anything for us, along with a few others like Leohnardsen. At the time, that season under GT was one of if not the lowest I’d ever seen a Villa team in the league so I disliked a lot of that side as we were nearly relegated.

I can't say I've hated anyone who has played for Villa, because when they wear the claret and blue they get my support and backing.

The only ones that come close would be N'Zogbia, Ireland, Lescott off the top of my head. There maybe others.

In no order of strong dislike but they were all a load of wasters who I wish never graced the Villa shirt.

McCormack.
N’Zogbia.
Hopkins.
Fashanu.

Agbonlahor really pissed me off towards the end of his career at Villa Park disrespecting the club by being disruptive in the dressing room, allowing himself to get around a stone overweight, and setting such a poor example to our youth players and our younger fanbase - And spoiling his Villa reputation because these days, that's how I remember him.

Not a player but after welcoming Martin O'Neil to the club with open arms and hope, I'll never forgive him for the premeditated way he walked out of the club 5 days before the season started in order to cause maximum disruption.

It just shows how small-minded the little s**t really is when he is unable to get his own way.

I've some sympathy for N'zogbia. Sure he joined us with the best of intentions. Didn't reckon on McLeish's awful brand of busball; getting out of your own half wasn't approved. Bombed out by Lambert; decided there was nothing he could do about it and decided he wasn't going to let it get him down. When Sherwood came in he brought back Zog and he played some good stuff to the season's end.

I've some sympathy for N'zogbia. Sure he joined us with the best of intentions. Didn't reckon on McLeish's awful brand of busball; getting out of your own half wasn't approved. Bombed out by Lambert; decided there was nothing he could do about it and decided he wasn't going to let it get him down. When Sherwood came in he brought back Zog and he played some good stuff to the season's end.
Didn't he also have a heart condition it transpired?