Has there ever been a Villa player that you hated? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Has there ever been a Villa player that you hated?

Not hated anyone however there are a few I’ve disliked, mainly for their attitude rather than ability. Steve Hodge, I swear he purposely gifted the opposition a goal to try and force a move to Spurs. McCormack blamed everyone else for his problems rather than take any responsibility. N’Zogbia had absolutely no interest in trying, Downing was a complete coward and then made a twat of himself when leaving, Nigel Callaghan, Richardson. This could turn into a long list

What was the Alpay issue, as I remember it we threw him under the bus after the England nonsense.

I thought he had one good season, then a good Euros (or WC), and then his head got too big thinking he could force a move to a top club. I barely heard of him again

In no order of strong dislike but they were all a load of wasters who I wish never graced the Villa shirt.

McCormack.
N’Zogbia.
Hopkins.
Fashanu.

Agbonlahor really pissed me off towards the end of his career at Villa Park disrespecting the club by being disruptive in the dressing room, allowing himself to get around a stone overweight, and setting such a poor example to our youth players and our younger fanbase - And spoiling his Villa reputation because these days, that's how I remember him.

Not a player but after welcoming Martin O'Neil to the club with open arms and hope, I'll never forgive him for the premeditated way he walked out of the club 5 days before the season started in order to cause maximum disruption.

It just shows how small-minded the little s**t really is when he is unable to get his own way.

"Toys and pram" O' Neill. Career downhill after that. Good.

Don’t really hate players for how they are off the pitch in terms of personal lives as I don’t know them , only read what is in the media and it‘s a dangerous game to believe everything you read .

So if I ‘hate‘ a player it’s based on their on pitch performances or lack of them or lack of commitment as player despite being given a chance

Ashley Westwood for the on pitch performances. Never seen a more limited midfielder consistently get a game for us .

Fat boy Ross for being a fat waster who didn’t give a shit about us or his career despite being given chances and benefit of the doubt by many fans.

Micah(Brummie) Richards l love Man City. Dont hate anyone,lifes too short but he might remember his roots. Likes a laugh tbh.

He was born and raised in Leeds...

He bloody loves Jack too. Probably the pundit who lauds over him the most.

I wasn't a fan of his, but that was due to his position; he wasn't a centre-back. Though seemed to take many fans half a season before they saw it as well!

He was born and raised in Leeds...

He bloody loves Jack too. Probably the pundit who lauds over him the most.

I wasn't a fan of his, but that was due to his position; he wasn't a centre-back. Though seemed to take many fans half a season before they saw it as well!

Richards only joined us because Sherwood promised him he'd play him at cb. Sunderland had actually offered him 30k more a week but made no such guarantees, sensibly. The amount of times he'd try to dribble out of defence and be miles out if position was ridiculous. Still he did give his all though there's no denying that so he'd never be any more than mildly disliked by me.

The Gardner brothers for me. Coming out after getting the move the Sty and saying how they were always Scum supporters during their time at Villa. There is no way I would let my principles get the better of me the way that they did. Thankfully, they are both where they belong to be - second rate players with a second rate club

The Gardner brothers for me. Coming out after getting the move the Sty and saying how they were always Scum supporters during their time at Villa. There is no way I would let my principles get the better of me the way that they did. Thankfully, they are both where they belong to be - second rate players with a second rate club
That's a good shout. I had totally forgotten about these two :clown: