Has there ever been a Villa player that you hated? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Has there ever been a Villa player that you hated?

In fairness, I think I should add I may have only met him once lol Or I might have thought I'd met him because JF has talked about him?

:hmmm:

Yes, Grant is a friend of mine, and he is a great bloke. A success in business and who has never been shy in stating his case particularly when it comes to the Villa!

And a lovely wife too. Got to know him at the time I was trying to bring the bells are ringing back, he was well into as well, as you will no doubt remember.

In fairness, I think I should add I may have only met him once lol Or I might have thought I'd met him because JF has talked about him?

:hmmm:

Don't think you came to the recording of the bells are ringing thing? If not, don't think you'll have met him mate, but as you say, I have brought him up before.

No wasn't there for the Bells. But I know you've talked about Grant as being a good bloke but I genuinely can't be definite if I met him briefly (just an intro and small talk as it wouldn't have been more than that - like HH etc) or just assume I have because of our chats lol

I remember when my brain used to be an asset.

Mccormack.

Plenty I've not rated like Alpay, Zog, Ireland, curcic and a dozen others but didn't really hate any of those.

Mccormack is just a horrible c u next Tuesday.

Lescott too actually.

Never really understood the Richards hate. He was injured. End of. Didn't choose to be injured. But by all accounts was good around bodymoor. Always had nice things to say about us in sky.

I've seen Alpay mentioned several times but when I met him (see photo below) he was a gentleman and polite.

He had a very good season for us and I think it went to his head a bit but I personally never disliked the guy even before I met him at Bodymoor Heath.

img011.jpg

Robert Hopkins

I agree. The problem with that cretin though is he would revel in the thought he was so hated just like all the other neanderthals across town.

When he played for us he has allows bragged............

“When I was at Villa I used to appease myself by carrying my boots in a Blues bag and wearing a Blues badge. I always wore something to do with Blues.

“When I was a kid you had to take your own boots, so I had a Blues bag and I’d wear my Blues socks. On matchdays, in the reserves and that, I’d wear my Blues badge under the Villa shirt.”

https://talksport.com/football/efl/...aston-villa-robert-hopkins-riot-rivals-derby/

Last edited:
I tend to reserve the word "hate" for people who I know enough about to be able to truly judge. I think it's the most over-used word in the English language in recent years and has lost its meaning and impact.
Right, now that I've stepped off my soap box, here's a list of players who I wish could be erased from our history and embarrassed the good name of Aston Villa:
Hodge
McCormack
Hodge
Downing
Hodge
Lescott
Hodge
Blake
Hodge
Hopkins
Hodge
Dunne
Hodge
Agbonlahor
Hodge
Callahan
Hodge
Cascarino

Might be making Bert a pick at this rate. Disgusted with him yesterday and recent weeks.
Nothing worse than a talented player who isn't prepared to graft and appears to not give a shit when the team needs it.

I agree. The problem with that cretin though is he would revel in the thought he was so hated just like all the other neanderthals across town.

When he played for us he has allows bragged............

“When I was at Villa I used to appease myself by carrying my boots in a Blues bag and wearing a Blues badge. I always wore something to do with Blues.

“When I was a kid you had to take your own boots, so I had a Blues bag and I’d wear my Blues socks. On matchdays, in the reserves and that, I’d wear my Blues badge under the Villa shirt.”

https://talksport.com/football/efl/...aston-villa-robert-hopkins-riot-rivals-derby/

Never heard of him so he must have went on to have a great career.

I've seen Alpay mentioned several times but when I met him (see photo below) he was a gentleman and polite.

He had a very good season for us and I think it went to his head a bit but I personally never disliked the guy even before I met him at Bodymoor Heath.

View attachment 47510

His head went after the 2002 World Cup. Turkey came 3rd and he got into the team of the tournament, which in fairness is extremely impressive but his agent convinced him that he'd now be able to walk into the biggest clubs in Europe and we were stopping that from happening. A tale as old as time alas. Fell apart after that. Don't think he ever did much after leaving us either.

Might be making Bert a pick at this rate. Disgusted with him yesterday and recent weeks.
Nothing worse than a talented player who isn't prepared to graft and appears to not give a shit when the team needs it.
Those suicidal cross field blind volleys he keeps inflicting on us puts him fairly and squarely onto my hate list