Hartlepool | Vital Football

Hartlepool

Not political. Will be going up to the NY Moors for some walking in July and have never been to Hartlepool. The Museum sounds interesting.

Nice place, Durham. I had a weekend there with my wife just before the world went to shit. Aside from a visit to the comedy store in Manchester, the last place we went together.
Clearly the highlights for sightseeing are the cathedral and castle, along with a wander down the riverside. We had a fantastic Turkish meal in a place called Arkasu, above a shop pretty much in the centre.

My only recollection of Hartlepool was when visiting my sister in Cumbria with Mum and Dad, we timed our return journey to take in the City game which was an evening kick off at Hartlepool. It was dark so didn't see much of Hartlepool itself but Mum, god rest her soul won the 50/50. Happy memories, just to see the joy on her face and looking back to be with her.

By the new MP, you mean? It's probably about time she did. ;)

It has the National Maritime Museum, which I'm hoping to visit sometime, having an interest in naval history, as I do.
Not worth a visit unless you need 2 pubs ticked off your Spoons list. More of a navel gazer myself.