• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We don’t know if HK will have an attitude…a point to consider is he signed a contract…if he is professional he will give his best no matter what. If the club wishes to get best value they will sell now as I am sure his worth will not increase, however he may well be worth an additional season to assist us back to top 6/4 which is worth what we would lose in his singular value…just another viewpoint…

It's probability, and a very valid view point. However, he s falling apart and his value is either at it's peak or past its peak. Secondly, as Ex said, Mourinho is in his head as his brother. And on top of that, Bale's experience was very likely relayed to Harry during last season.

That is why I think what I think,

It's probability, and a very valid view point. However, he s falling apart and his value is either at it's peak or past its peak. Secondly, as Ex said, Mourinho is in his head as his brother. And on top of that, Bale's experience was very likely relayed to Harry during last season.

That is why I think what I think,
As is his brother, never a truer word, big £ signs in his eye's if/when bruv moves, greedy bastard, made for life, one bloody transaction.

If Kane was willing to risk losing a bunch of money by submitting a transfer request I think I'd respect him a lot more. The whole 'have my cake and eat it' aspect really doesnt sit right with me.

He will lose a lot of affection amongst the Spurs fan. He cannot avoid that now unless he does a miraculous u-turn, stays and puts in 100%. There may be Spurs fans out there that think Kane can do no wrong, but fact of the matter is, he has let himself and the team down when we were in crucial moments down the years. His performances in finals have not gone unnoticed with a lot of fans, especially England ones.

It is definitely the best time for our club to sell him, but I am still certain that what we lose won't be replaced. We wont score as many and we wont create as many.

If Kane was willing to risk losing a bunch of money by submitting a transfer request I think I'd respect him a lot more. The whole 'have my cake and eat it' aspect really doesnt sit right with me.

He will lose a lot of affection amongst the Spurs fan. He cannot avoid that now unless he does a miraculous u-turn, stays and puts in 100%. There may be Spurs fans out there that think Kane can do no wrong, but fact of the matter is, he has let himself and the team down when we were in crucial moments down the years. His performances in finals have not gone unnoticed with a lot of fans, especially England ones.

It is definitely the best time for our club to sell him, but I am still certain that what we lose won't be replaced. We wont score as many and we wont create as many.

Dele, Loco and Ndombele can all thread a pass, Skipp ain't bad either. Hojbjerg might be encouraged to do so. Son, Bergwijn and Moura are fast to run onto the passes. You can see a pattern emerging of how Nuno wants to play. I'm not saying we can replace Kanes contribution but it looks like Nuno is trying.

I agree with all that.

Regarding the last para., we won't find a player who can match Kane's individual goal tally but I'm hopeful we can bring in one or more players to create a system that spreads the goals around.

The only way it will change is if City buys a different striker. If they do that then he knows that dream is over. Then he has 2 choices, sulk for the rest of his career or put his head down and push for the PL record that he wants.
The only reason he still has a chance of breaking the record is because of the club. If he wasn't numero uno he'd have no chance at all.

So City have opened talks with Villa for Grealish.

It seems odd timing. The fee being quoted is around £100m. If that's the benchmark for a AM who is clearly very talented but as of yet is unproven at a bigger club, what price one of the world's best goalscorers? Even taking the age difference between the two players into account there has to be a significant difference in their respective fees.

I can't understand why they wouldn't tie up the Kane deal before Grealish. Can they even afford both players in one window given FFP (that's if it even exists in any meaningful form any more).

It seems odd timing. The fee being quoted is around £100m. If that's the benchmark for a AM who is clearly very talented but as of yet is unproven at a bigger club, what price one of the world's best goalscorers? Even taking the age difference between the two players into account there has to be a significant difference in their respective fees.

I can't understand why they wouldn't tie up the Kane deal before Grealish. Can they even afford both players in one window given FFP (that's if it even exists in any meaningful form any more).

Villa are cooperating maybe, and want to be able to make their own moves this summer. Perhaps they don't have the cashflow flexibility that we do.

Perhaps they'll buy Winks with the Grealish money and improve our cashflow.

They can afford both but do they really need both?

I reckon Grealish is a better option although they have a wealth of creative talent already. The burning question is does he want to go to City? Harry most certainly does.

Villa are cooperating maybe, and want to be able to make their own moves this summer. Perhaps they don't have the cashflow flexibility that we do.

Perhaps they'll buy Winks with the Grealish money and improve our cashflow.
I was thinking of the timing from City's perspective. If they deal at around £100m surely that pushes Kane's price up to nearer the £150m mark?

I reckon Grealish is a better option although they have a wealth of creative talent already. The burning question is does he want to go to City? Harry most certainly does.

Mahrez, De Bruyne and Gundugan have all hit 30. I just think Pep wants to get ahead of it, knowing it will take him a year or two to get Grealish's output as high as those 3 amazing players. It's what you can do when you're just tweaking a winning squad.

I'm interested to see what Pep can do with Jack's goals tally. Whilst he had 10 assists, he only got 6 league goals. Could we see that closer to 12-15 once Pep gets hold of him.

It's not often there's a home grown player of grealish's quality in the league that could be pushing to be a certain starter. Adding a genuine player of ability to their home grown quota means they won't have to worry about going for the likes of Delph, Ake etc. Plus Walker is getting on a bit so in a few years that's a loss to the home grown list.

I suspect that looking at the long term bigger picture, City see Grealish as the better option and they will pay what they have to pay. That probably means that they will stand their ground on 100M absolute maximum cash for Harry, possibly throwing in another player that they consider superfluous. I'm starting to think though that Harry wants them more than vice versa.

It's not often there's a home grown player of grealish's quality in the league that could be pushing to be a certain starter. Adding a genuine player of ability to their home grown quota means they won't have to worry about going for the likes of Delph, Ake etc. Plus Walker is getting on a bit so in a few years that's a loss to the home grown list.
All good points.

My initial thoughts were why on earth would they pay so much for a good prospect. He isn't proven yet & for the outlay the expectations would be monumental. Then again for the long term & for all the reasons you mention he'd be a very shrewd signing for Pep & City. I can see this deal getting done, my only hesitation is whether Jack would be interested in the move at this time.

I suspect that looking at the long term bigger picture, City see Grealish as the better option and they will pay what they have to pay. That probably means that they will stand their ground on 100M absolute maximum cash for Harry, possibly throwing in another player that they consider superfluous. I'm starting to think though that Harry wants them more than vice versa.
No i'm not having that. They want him just as badly, they just don't want to be raped in the process. Good luck with that lol.

Okay, so Kane doesn't get his move to City. Chelsea are definitely interested. Surely he wouldn't......

All good points.

My initial thoughts were why on earth would they pay so much for a good prospect. He isn't proven yet & for the outlay the expectations would be monumental. Then again for the long term & for all the reasons you mention he'd be a very shrewd signing for Pep & City. I can see this deal getting done, my only hesitation is whether Jack would be interested in the move at this time.
At 26 years of age when would be the right time if not now? And whatever Villa offer him financially City will smash that. To me they look just the right team for him and at the right time.