Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The market hasn't changed though.

No footballer took a pay cut. They all refused. If anything wages have gone up. Son has been given a huge pay rise.

United are blowing 100s of millions. Even the shite gooners are blowing 50m on White.

The Premier League top tier teams have pretty much said " fuck you covid, I'm still spending ".

No they haven't all said that at all, this summer window will be one of the lowest - either nil growth or lowest growth ever.

United now lives on borrowings, as do we. Chav's have the biggest soft loans in the history of the sport, outside of that, everyone is borrowing what they can to bail themselves out, some owners will cough up more money, most won't.

PL players are greedy feckers, what's new?

No, but at ManUre he could be, he and Varane and perhaps one other could well be the keys to unlocking the PL title again for them.

Kane is of course of enormous value to us as his goal-scoring record is incredible, but a sulking, really couldn't care less Kane or half-hearted version of Kane (which is what we will have if we force him to stay) will only stop us from rebuilding and moving on.

Sticking a ridiculous emotionally fueled value on his head that may price him out of his move, is anti-our future and plain dumb. I'd much rather move forward now and put this behind us as we rebuild.
There seems to be two valuations here: Kane's value playing for City when fully motivated; and Kane's value as a demotivated player playing for Spurs.

Which one should the club (us) pursue? Personally I think it should be the former. The fee should reflect what City are getting. We'll have to replace Kane's value to the club at market prices.

The fee to City should be realistic though; not one designed to prevent a move taking place at all.

£100m isn't going to do anywhere near enough. We are currently in talks for a £50m CB for example. We've spent £20m+ on a 20y/o winger. I know these figures are divided up into payment packages etc. but as a basic point, for those two players, that is already £70m.

Like I said, I appreciate I am over-simplifying the finances HUGELY, but that is £70m of the Kane £100m and we are still nowhere near replacing the assists and goals that man gets us consistently.

The job Paratici has to construct this new chapter is MASSIVE and letting Kane go for well below his true value just makes everything more difficult and leaves us in a bit of a state. If Kane is that desperate to leave us, he needs to throw away his good relationship with the fans and club and make his intentions clear. For a man who has nearly always put personal glory before club glory, he needs to sack up and make his intentions clear.

Who said £100 mill?

My figure has always been £120 mill + add ons.

There seems to be two valuations here: Kane's value playing for City when fully motivated; and Kane's value as a demotivated player playing for Spurs.

Which one should the club (us) pursue? Personally I think it should be the former. The fee should reflect what City are getting. We'll have to replace Kane's value to the club at market prices.

The fee to City should be realistic though; not one designed to prevent a move taking place at all.

This is all that matters now, or should be:

"The fee to City should be realistic though; not one designed to prevent a move taking place at all.."

Having another Eriksen on our hands for a season would be a disaster, it sunk Poch and dragged the rest of the squad/club down with it.

Kane's capacity to do the same or worse is far far greater. It's simply not worth pricing him out of a deal and letting him be that player - he's been well and truly got at by Jose and that poison needs to be expunged once and for all - a clean break and we can look forwards and upwards - if we don't do the move then I can absolutely guarantee you this will be dogging our every footstep at every single game and will drag us back down once again..

I absolutely guarantee it.

Last edited:
This is all that matters now, or should be:

"The fee to City should be realistic though; not one designed to prevent a move taking place at all.."

Having another Eriksen on our hands for a season would be a disaster, it sunk Poch and dragged the rest of the squad/club down with it.

Kane's capacity to do the same or worse if far far greater. It's simply not worth pricing him out of a deal and letting him be that player - he's been well and truel got at by Jose and that poison needs to be expunged once and for all - a clean break and we can look forwards and upwards - if we don't do the move then I can absolutely guarantee you this will be dogging our every footstep at every single game and will drag us back down once again..

I absolutely guarantee it.
Due you think/know what the club's true position is on this i.e. are they willing to sell Kane at the right price, whatever that price is?

Who said £100 mill?

My figure has always been £120 mill + add ons.

£100m is the figure Harry himself used and is the figure Citeh are very reluctant to go above. I know you have always said £120m + add ons, and I agree with that, but Harry's true valuation to us is without a doubt £150m.

Also, hypothetically, if Man City do pay £120m + add ons, isnt that going to cause a big clash over the FFP again? There would be a certain irony if Kane left to win and Man City were blocked from playing in the CL for a couple of seasons.

Due you think/know what the club's true position is on this i.e. are they willing to sell Kane at the right price, whatever that price is?

No, we can only project the future based on past performance, the mess with Eriksen was a wake-up call to everyone in the hierarchy at the club and one I hope they learned the lessons well from.

Having a top player in the sulks all the time was a disaster, sometimes you have to forget about beating your chest and screaming my demands are bigger than your willingness to pay and simply do a deal.

Players are humans, greedy ones perhaps, but that's their right.

Have one single player undermining morale/togetherness/commitment and you end up with a club implosion.

Last edited:
£100m is the figure Harry himself used and is the figure Citeh are very reluctant to go above. I know you have always said £120m + add ons, and I agree with that, but Harry's true valuation to us is without a doubt £150m.

Also, hypothetically, if Man City do pay £120m + add ons, isnt that going to cause a big clash over the FFP again? There would be a certain irony if Kane left to win and Man City were blocked from playing in the CL for a couple of seasons.

As of now FPP will be grouped over two years, and the limits suspended - so it;s now or never for the city, they raised £400 mill in share cap around a year ago and now have taken a £500 mill loan to bolster the groups finances - so if they're going to spend it has to be this summer or risk UEFA's court case going the wrong way...

I'd love to get £150 mil for what I think is a player who's now past his peak, but by the same token, I wouldn't stubbornly demand it if it causes all the grief we know it can and will if we do.

The Kane era is over, let's get on with the new one.

Kane's value isn't only dictated by his own ability vs age though. It's largely influenced by his importance to us as a club and how long his current contract is.

Was Sancho as important to Dortmund as Kane is to us?
There is also supply and demand together with the desperation and need of the buying club. That puts the value up and at present there aren’t too many that are deemed to be at Kane’s level. We should hold out for top dollar given the ticks alongside all of the criteria.

Add up the annual salary of Bale, Rose, Gazza, Lamela, Toby etc and offset that against Son's increase, Gollini and Gil salary. It is a reduction on salaries of over £20m already.

Then we have the transfer fees of Foyth and Toby of £26m. Lamela's was offset by Gil's reduced fee of £21m.

So by my reckoning we're about £5m in transfer credit and £20m reduction in salaries at the club at this time.

So onto Kane. I've always said this but I would take £100m cash plus Laporte for Kane. We get the £100m to buy Vlahovic and Romero even if they are £50m each.

By the time we've shipped out Aurier, Sissoko (and even Sanchez, Winks or Moura) there is plenty of room to bring in someone like Aarons and one or two others. It will be a race to the transfer deadline though.

Lloris
Aarons, Romero, Laporte, Reggie
Gio, Hojbjerg, Ndombele
Dele
Vlahovic, Son

Subs: Gollini, Rodon, Japhet, Skipp, Bergwijn, Gil, Scarlett etc

That is a serious upgrade on our squad, especially with a manager who can use these talented guys and make something of them.

No they haven't all said that at all, this summer window will be one of the lowest - either nil growth or lowest growth ever.

United now lives on borrowings, as do we. Chav's have the biggest soft loans in the history of the sport, outside of that, everyone is borrowing what they can to bail themselves out, some owners will cough up more money, most won't.

PL players are greedy feckers, what's new?

It doesn't matter how these clubs are spending. They are.

Which was my point. Nothing changes even in these dark times.

Add up the annual salary of Bale, Rose, Gazza, Lamela, Toby etc and offset that against Son's increase, Gollini and Gil salary. It is a reduction on salaries of over £20m already.

Then we have the transfer fees of Foyth and Toby of £26m. Lamela's was offset by Gil's reduced fee of £21m.

So by my reckoning we're about £5m in transfer credit and £20m reduction in salaries at the club at this time.

So onto Kane. I've always said this but I would take £100m cash plus Laporte for Kane. We get the £100m to buy Vlahovic and Romero even if they are £50m each.

By the time we've shipped out Aurier, Sissoko (and even Sanchez, Winks or Moura) there is plenty of room to bring in someone like Aarons and one or two others. It will be a race to the transfer deadline though.

Lloris
Aarons, Romero, Laporte, Reggie
Gio, Hojbjerg, Ndombele
Dele
Vlahovic, Son

Subs: Gollini, Rodon, Japhet, Skipp, Bergwijn, Gil, Scarlett etc

That is a serious upgrade on our squad, especially with a manager who can use these talented guys and make something of them.
Good reasoning all round, but I'd be very surprised if we bring in six new players as your post indicates, irrespective of who they are. I'd have happily settled for three signings good enough to walk straight into our preferred starting eleven at RB, CB and AM. So far we've signed two that don't really fit that criteria. How much more happens will no doubt depend on whether Kane actually leaves, but my concern at the moment is that we don't end up strengthening in the areas where upgrades are most needed.

Last edited:
No, we can only project the future based on past performance, the mess with Eriksen was a wake-up call to everyone in the hierarchy at the club and one I hope they learned the lessons well from.

Having a top play in the sulks all the time was a disaster, sometimes you have to forget about beating your chest and screaming my demands are bigger than your willingness to pay and simply do a deal.

Players are humans, greedy ones perhaps, but that's their right.

Have one single player undermining morale/togetherness/commitment and you end up with a club implosion.

Exactly. Kane is a detriment to where we want to go,

Let's face it Kane at 70% will be better than anything we bring in.

I disagree. Kane at anything less than his best, is average. Unless he is scoring goals and/or receiving good balls, he becomes frustrated and quite frankly we're better off without him.
It is so very important for THFC to get this sale done for so many varied reasons.

Let's face it, Kane being forced to stay will result in an Eriksen Phase 2 situation, which will be catastrophic for Kane and more importantly our rebuilding process. His value will plummet, his goals will dry up, we'll have stuff all money to buy quality.

I'd take as much over 100 mill as we can get, and start life without Kane ASAP!

Exactly. Kane is a detriment to where we want to go,
We don’t know if HK will have an attitude…a point to consider is he signed a contract…if he is professional he will give his best no matter what. If the club wishes to get best value they will sell now as I am sure his worth will not increase, however he may well be worth an additional season to assist us back to top 6/4 which is worth what we would lose in his singular value…just another viewpoint…

We don’t know if HK will have an attitude…a point to consider is he signed a contract…if he is professional he will give his best no matter what. If the club wishes to get best value they will sell now as I am sure his worth will not increase, however he may well be worth an additional season to assist us back to top 6/4 which is worth what we would lose in his singular value…just another viewpoint…

There may not be an attitude in the 21/22 season. There definitely was in the second half of the 20/21 season and all through the Euro's including the final.

He tried to hide it and a lot of us saw straight through him when he crossed the white line.

RD's point is that even in this state he can get goals. That is true.

10H's point (i think) is that, just like when he comes back from injuries, he becomes a total passenger unless he is being fed chances. That is the state he went into. So if he didn't score, waste of a shirt.

What makes you think that will go away if he is forced to stay?

Personally, I just want him gone we can move on. He doesn't want to be at Spurs.

There may not be an attitude in the 21/22 season. There definitely was in the second half of the 20/21 season and all through the Euro's including the final.

He tried to hide it and a lot of us saw straight through him when he crossed the white line.

10H's point (i think) is that, just like when he comes back from injuries, he becomes a total passenger unless he is being fed chances. That is the state he went into. So if he didn't score, waste of a shirt.

Personally, I just want him gone we can move on. He doesn't want to be at Spurs.
The only way it will change is if City buys a different striker. If they do that then he knows that dream is over. Then he has 2 choices, sulk for the rest of his career or put his head down and push for the PL record that he wants.

Where I am coming from is if…it is through decisions beyond the clubs control such other clubs not will to pay the T-fee then it would be expected for him to act professionally and do what he is paid for…if he doesn’t give the effort then pay him accordingly or sit him on the bench either way it’s his loss as well as ours…I do not want to see him given away however also see the benefit of him going. We have to be realistic mind, clubs will only pay what they feel is value add. Regards HK attitudes that is for the manager to manage…HK is not bigger than the club no player will ever be…deal with it as we would expect the manager too!