• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand the annoyance that Kane may want to leave and has been disgruntled but surely we aren’t now above a disgruntled striker that still scores 23 goals and makes 14 assists in 38 games? It’s not his fault that we’ve built the team around him. That’s down to Levy and managers not buying/developing more top class players.
If we keep Harry and he replicates last seasons numbers then I’ll be chuffed as I’d like to think we would have grasped the concept of having a tight defensive unit!
What we’ve needed is to compliment Harry with a pacy strike partner aka a Defoe!

It's less about what Spurs do with Sonny in my opinion. We are now at the point where Sonny needs to do something with Sonny.
If we afford him the luxury of playing through the middle, he'll still need to shut down properly. He'll also still have an element of that role where he might be buffeted from behind by big centre halves and will have to compete for headers with his back to goal.
If we retain him in the channels and let him cut inside, then it's hard to absolve anyone in that role from contributing to the defensive setup, especially in the Prem.
It's what separates the winners from the losers at this level and we know where we currently fit in that definition.
That's exactly why I don't consider him to be the right guy to lead the line, he's not good at the physical side of the game.
As far as his defensive contribution is concerned, clearly that has to be drilled into him. That has to be achieved however without blunting his attacking edge, which is absolutely critical to the success of the team.

I understand the annoyance that Kane may want to leave and has been disgruntled but surely we aren’t now above a disgruntled striker that still scores 23 goals and makes 14 assists in 38 games? It’s not his fault that we’ve built the team around him. That’s down to Levy and managers not buying/developing more top class players.
If we keep Harry and he replicates last seasons numbers then I’ll be chuffed as I’d like to think we would have grasped the concept of having a tight defensive unit!
What we’ve needed is to compliment Harry with a pacy strike partner aka a Defoe!

Harry doesn't like playing with another striker. Jose said he had chats with him about it and it doesn't suit his game.

Son doesn't play as an out and out striker. He plays as a LF. Completely different positions.

He has spent most of this season ahead of Kane and playing as a faux second striker. hence four-goal assist from Kane in one match, I could go on, but it points at how badly Jose set us up.

Smithy , I was really enjoying your post until you mentioned Abraham .
I cannot understand how this bloke has become a footballer .
He makes me laugh with every posture , every gesture and has perfected the “ I don’t believe it “ gesticulating to a fine art .
But for me , never in a million years .
Luckily , the chavs don’t do business with us .

Sterling is another one that I just do not rate , never have , and never will .

Apart from that , I really enjoyed your post !!!!!!
Unusual for us to be so opposite in our thoughts.
I agree with you about Son though , so we are still in the same page there .
If Kane goes , we will be in need of a top play maker more than ever .
Walt I could not agree more, it a big big NO! for me regards Abraham and look at me Sterling.

He has spent most of this season ahead of Kane and playing as a faux second striker. hence four-goal assist from Kane in one match, I could go on, but it points at how badly Jose set us up.

As a LF. Playing further forward does not mean he was played as a main striker.

Kane played as a false 9 most of the season but was still the main link between midfield and attack. Kane didn't have the pace or athleticism to play further up in Jose's system.

As a LF. Playing further forward does not mean he was played as a main striker.

Kane played as a false 9 most of the season but was still the main link between midfield and attack. Kane didn't have the pace or athleticism to play further up in Jose's system.

So by default, he was playing with another striker, tactically that's exactly what we did for so many games..he may well of started as LF, but that's not how he or Kane played.

So by default, he was playing with another striker, tactically that's exactly what we did for so many games..he may well of started as LF, but that's not how he or Kane played.

Quite often we played Son LF, Kane false 9 Lucas RF.

The system was designed to make Kane an assist machine as well as playing a Sheringham or Lampard role.

The heat maps show Son was mainly playing from the left. Not as a striker.

He will be more central once Kane leaves. It's a cert.

Quite often we played Son LF, Kane false 9 Lucas RF.

The system was designed to make Kane an assist machine as well as playing a Sheringham or Lampard role.

The heat maps show Son was mainly playing from the left. Not as a striker.

He will be more central once Kane leaves. It's a cert.

What heat maps ? - look at when he scored i.e. where from!! He was playing as a striker ahead of kane!!!!!

LOL! I wouldn't believe a word Jose says; so all these years of playing with Son, getting assists galore was because he 'didn't like it' ?

Mind boggles.

When Has Harry ever played with Son as a second striker? As a wide man. As one of a support 3. Yes, but son has never been a second striker in the traditional sense. The two of them need lots of space between them to function properly. Son attacking wide space and putting the ball to kane on edge of box. Kane dropping deep and playing ball to wide son to run onto and outpace defence. The odd link up inside the box. Kane has the strikers spot which is why spurs struggle so much because he picks and chooses when he vacates the position leaving no one else to play the ball to. Kane scores his goals but it makes spurs predictable and maintains kanes goals.

Another PROPER striker given same oppertunity and game time would enhance spurs. My guess is Kane would end up dropping deeper and deeper and blame spurs for ruining his game. We need a striker who can link with the likes of son in quick play and get on the end of balls into the box where every good striker should be

By the time Jose got to the club, Son had won his mind games with Poch and had the freedom to play ahead of Kane at the expense of Dele and Eriksen. Worse still Sissoko started to do his own thing and Moura wouldn't defend properly. Dele got injured and Eriksen just got deeper and deeper covering his stupid team mates. In the end he quit on the system after figuring out he'd become the 3 inferior players water carrier and had no Dele alongside him to play with.

It was a mess that I can't blame Jose for. He partially fixed Sissoko for a while who started to use his brain and stay in centre mid. He partially fixed Moura who got better at defending. He couldn't fix Son's defensive game and that tells you everything about the player. In fact, Son just went on strike and thought he could do what he did to Poch and win a mind game with Jose. He thought everyone would lay off him if he kept scoring and assisting. He thought he could keep smiling to the cameras and everyone would still love him.

Son is one stupid guy, who will have more challenges with the next 1st team manager through the door. Don't be surprised if Paratici uses him for a year and then figures it out. Get him signed on a long contract and then sell him for top dollar.

I have always felt Deli would have scored plenty in Sons role. I'd have sold Son before Kane if it were an option.

---------Kane
----------Deli
----Ndom--Loco
Reggie------------RwB
---‐--------DM
----CB----CB----CB
-----------GK

I guess I have not put names in areas we need new bodies in..

Dele was at his best with those runs in between the CBs.

We could still sell Kane and Son and do this.. maybe. Am I way off?

As one of our own, we have made Harry into a world class player, made him own a 17 million mansion, earn 1 million every 10 weeks and also made him a cult hero at Spurs! We have shown love and loyalty even when he did not deliver when we played finals in which he was anonymous! His ambition has always been Harry first and not his love and loyalty for the club! If he does leave I for one will not wish him well in winning silverware and he will regret his leaving us! As for those saying he deserves better, I and thousands others deserve much, much better from Harry Kane!

As one of our own, we have made Harry into a world class player, made him own a 17 million mansion, earn 1 million every 10 weeks and also made him a cult hero at Spurs! We have shown love and loyalty even when he did not deliver when we played finals in which he was anonymous! His ambition has always been Harry first and not his love and loyalty for the club! If he does leave I for one will not wish him well in winning silverware and he will regret his leaving us! As for those saying he deserves better, I and thousands others deserve much, much better from Harry Kane!

If we get over £120m for Kane it will be the best bit of business we've ever done. We've had the best of him. He's a broken footballer, mentally and physically.