• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RD, I think I read or heard somewhere that he is carrying some sort of muscle injury.
By the way, has Eric Dier put on weight, Mrs PY said during the Wet Spam game who's the fatty at the back for Spurs, me said Eric Dier, her said bloody hell ain't he got a fat arse now, think women notice these things lol!
They definitely look at the world in a different way Pompey , my wife notices things like how they wear their socks , unbelievable.

Harry Kane's move complicated with Spurs hosting Man City on opening day of season

Harry Kane may be blocked from playing the opening day of the new Premier League season

16 June 2021 • 10:12am

Harry Kane’s hopes of completing a swift move from Tottenham Hotspur to Manchester City have been complicated by the two clubs being drawn to face each other in the opening round of Premier League fixtures.
Tottenham will entertain Premier League champions City in the first match of the season on the weekend of August 14, two weeks before the summer transfer window shuts.
Sources insist that there is no chance of Spurs chairman Daniel Levy brokering a deal that could see Kane line up against Tottenham for City on the opening day, for what will also be Paulo Fonseca’s first competitive game as the new head coach.
Levy has already warned that he will do what is right for Tottenham in terms of Kane’s future, with the club's valuation of their star man remaining at £150 million.
Even if City are prepared to get close to that figure, then they could now be made to wait until after the first game of the season to sign Kane or accept that he cannot play in the fixture.
Levy is well aware of the anger among supporters and will not risk the planned return of fans for the first game, together with Fonseca’s first match in charge, being overshadowed by Kane immediately facing Tottenham.
While Levy and the club remain desperate to keep Kane, it is understood contingency plans are being made in case he leaves. But it remains to be seen whether or not Tottenham prepare for his departure by making signings or wait until after he leaves and potentially give themselves only a fortnight to find a replacement.
Kane had initially hoped to agree a move to Tottenham before the European Championship, but that was never realistic and he has now parked discussions regarding his future until after England’s tournament ends. He and the rest of his international team-mates are fully focused on preparing for Friday night’s second group game against Scotland at Wembley.
One early boost for Fonseca will be Son Heung-min signing a new contract, with the South Korean believed to be close to formally committing his long-term future to Spurs.
There had been fears that Son could stall on a new contract after Kane made it clear he wants to leave, but talks have progressed well over the last few weeks and both parties are now confident he will sign a deal.
Fonseca has travelled to Ukraine, where his wife is from, for a short holiday before his planned move to England to formally take over as successor to Jose Mourinho at Spurs.
And Telegraph Sport understands that Fonseca will be joined at Tottenham by his trusted ally Tiago Leal, who has worked with him at his past four clubs – Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Braga and Pacos Ferreira.
Premier League 2021/22: City begin title defence at Spurs

Manchester City won the 2020/21 Premier League title Credit: NMC POOL

Premier League champions Manchester City will start the defence of their title away to Tottenham after the fixtures for the 2021/22 season were unveiled.
City are among the sides heavily linked with Spurs striker Harry Kane, throwing up the possibility the England captain could line up against the north London club on the opening weekend.
Pep Guardiola's side won the division by 12 points last term ahead of rivals Manchester United, who open their campaign against old foes Leeds at Old Trafford.

Totally cool if Kane goes to City...they can offer the best in return player wise in my opinion...as long as we don't settle for shit we don't want.

Plus if we go up against the Kane we have been seeing for a bit...as long as we don't allow a Penalty...easy peasy.

I'm surprised that the buckets of cash we've chucked at Son are enough to dissuade him from the move I know he can make, and frankly what up until December I was told he'd definitely move on to (he'll be our highest-paid player).

I guess the expectation of being our no.1 striker may well have been enough to persuade him.

I hope he does sign, but it needs to be a committed Son, not the one that switched off two-thirds of the way through this season.

I'm surprised that the buckets of cash we've chucked at Son are enough to dissuade him from the move I know he can make, and frankly what up until December I was told he'd definitely move on to (he'll be our highest-paid player).

I guess the expectation of being our no.1 striker may well have been enough to persuade him.

I hope he does sign, but it needs to be a committed Son, not the one that switched off two-thirds of the way through this season.

That is my fear with Son...not sure if he is a true #1 option up top. I have NEVER viewed him as a guy to lead the line...

If we throw him a ton of money to be our Kane replacement...big mistake in my opinion.

I don't hide that Son is my favourite Spurs player, but the second half of his season was concerning. Knowing his character and what drives him personally, I think having a settled future and the opportunity to become 'the main man up-top' will bring the best out in him. He genuinely loves this club but like Ex, I was convinced he was going to leave for Bayern to add trophies to his locker. If he has chosen to stay then it is a big win for us.

I don't hide that Son is my favourite Spurs player, but the second half of his season was concerning. Knowing his character and what drives him personally, I think having a settled future and the opportunity to become 'the main man up-top' will bring the best out in him. He genuinely loves this club but like Ex, I was convinced he was going to leave for Bayern to add trophies to his locker. If he has chosen to stay then it is a big win for us.
I too have always been always been a huge fan, and have defended him on this site on many occasions, by virtue of the fact that he is a genuine match winner. Whilst being delighted that he now looks like staying, like others I feel that his form in the second half of last season was worrying, and I'm not sure that he is the right player to be leading the line on a regular basis.
If we could sign Abraham, who is clearly out of favour at Chelsea, to play centrally, and bring in Sterling as part of the Kane deal, whereby Abraham would be flanked by Sterling and Son, we'd have a terrific forward line.

I too have always been always been a huge fan, and have defended him on this site on many occasions, by virtue of the fact that he is a genuine match winner. Whilst being delighted that he now looks like staying, like others I feel that his form in the second half of last season was worrying, and I'm not sure that he is the right player to be leading the line on a regular basis.
If we could sign Abraham, who is clearly out of favour at Chelsea, to play centrally, and bring in Sterling as part of the Kane deal, whereby Abraham would be flanked by Sterling and Son, we'd have a terrific forward line.
Smithy , I was really enjoying your post until you mentioned Abraham .
I cannot understand how this bloke has become a footballer .
He makes me laugh with every posture , every gesture and has perfected the “ I don’t believe it “ gesticulating to a fine art .
But for me , never in a million years .
Luckily , the chavs don’t do business with us .

Sterling is another one that I just do not rate , never have , and never will .

Apart from that , I really enjoyed your post !!!!!!
Unusual for us to be so opposite in our thoughts.
I agree with you about Son though , so we are still in the same page there .
If Kane goes , we will be in need of a top play maker more than ever .

Why do I have the feeling that we will be stuck with a disgruntled, way out of form striker...ughhh
What , you mean the one we had all last season ?
I know he scored a lot and made a lot , but he did it out of necessity rather than anything else.
He made my blood boil week after week . When Bale finally started to play , he was shown to be what he really was , a disgruntled striker .

What , you mean the one we had all last season ?
I know he scored a lot and made a lot , but he did it out of necessity rather than anything else.
He made my blood boil week after week . When Bale finally started to play , he was shown to be what he really was , a disgruntled striker .

Yes...

Bottom Line - I want players that WANT to be here...frack the rest!

Smithy , I was really enjoying your post until you mentioned Abraham .
I cannot understand how this bloke has become a footballer .
He makes me laugh with every posture , every gesture and has perfected the “ I don’t believe it “ gesticulating to a fine art .
But for me , never in a million years .
Luckily , the chavs don’t do business with us .

Sterling is another one that I just do not rate , never have , and never will .

Apart from that , I really enjoyed your post !!!!!!
Unusual for us to be so opposite in our thoughts.
I agree with you about Son though , so we are still in the same page there .
If Kane goes , we will be in need of a top play maker more than ever .

Fair enough Walt. My main point I think was that keeping Sonny will be great, but for me he's best playing out wide rather than thru the middle. Sterling for me would be an asset to any team, whilst 30 goals for Chelsea over the last two seasons indicate that Abraham knows where the goal is.
Don't panic though!, as you say Chelsea won't be doing any business with us.

He's proven he's capable in the past. He single handedly destroyed City in the Champions League QF. If anything the team looked better equipped without Kane.

Why do I have the feeling that we will be stuck with a disgruntled, way out of form striker...ughhh

Well, whether or not he is gruntled or not, he did just put together the 2nd best season for a Striker in top flight English football. One of only 3 players to finish with most goals AND most assists. Ever.

Not sure I'd feel "stuck" with that for another season. Out of form he is not.

Fair enough Walt. My main point I think was that keeping Sonny will be great, but for me he's best playing out wide rather than thru the middle. Sterling for me would be an asset to any team, whilst 30 goals for Chelsea over the last two seasons indicate that Abraham knows where the goal is.
Don't panic though!, as you say Chelsea won't be doing any business with us.

It's less about what Spurs do with Sonny in my opinion. We are now at the point where Sonny needs to do something with Sonny.

If we afford him the luxury of playing through the middle, he'll still need to shut down properly. He'll also still have an element of that role where he might be buffeted from behind by big centre halves and will have to compete for headers with his back to goal.

If we retain him in the channels and let him cut inside, then it's hard to absolve anyone in that role from contributing to the defensive setup, especially in the Prem.

It's what separates the winners from the losers at this level and we know where we currently fit in that definition.