Harry's back | Vital Football

Harry's back

Spursex

Alert Team
I hope he can get back to his best quickly, I have so much time for this lad, I strongly believe that he may yet prove to be the best midfielder we've ever produced in the modern era - as I said, I just hope it doesn't take a season for him to get back on track - it was a and is a nasty performance impacting injury and hearing that he's still getting pain from it has to be a big concern.

Harry Winks set to make first Tottenham start in six months after recovering from ankle injury

Winks tore a medial ankle ligament in April that put him out for the rest of the season and the European Under-21 Championship in June

Jack Pitt-Brooke
@jackpittbrooke
Tuesday 19 September 2017 09:16 BST

The Independent Sport
harry-winks.jpg
Harry Winks is set to make his first start in six months on Tuesday evening Tottenham Hotspur FC

Harry Winks will make his first Tottenham start in almost six months this evening after recovering fully from his ankle injury.

Winks has made three brief substitute appearances so far this season as Spurs have been cautious with his return from injury. He was not included in the England Under-21 squad for the September international break in case there was further inflammation in his ankle.

But he now feels fully fit again and will be part of a strong Tottenham team facing Barnsley at Wembley in the third round of the Carabao Cup tonight.

Winks made 33 appearances for Spurs last season, 12 from the start, marking his breakthrough into the first team. But in the 2-0 win at Burnley on 1 April he fell awkwardly and tore a medial ankle ligament.

That put him out for the rest of the season and the European Under-21 Championship in June.

Bald Archie - 19/9/2017 13:26

He was on my very short list of the players we have to keep.

wait... I know you don't like Poch - but you don't like our players either?

Surely if Poch is an idiot then the players must be solely responsible for a PL form last couple seasons?

Encouraging reports about him. I was worried about his ankle still giving him discomfort . Hopefully that's ok now and he can push for a first team place. I guess he is rotation cover for Dembele which is a bit unfortunate. I think Winks offers a bit more creativity wise to Dembele and is more likely to score perhaps ?

Nick Real Deal - 20/9/2017 11:58

Encouraging reports about him. I was worried about his ankle still giving him discomfort . Hopefully that's ok now and he can push for a first team place. I guess he is rotation cover for Dembele which is a bit unfortunate. I think Winks offers a bit more creativity wise to Dembele and is more likely to score perhaps ?

Yep agree with that. Winks has better vision and was showing signs last season of making late runs into the box.

He admits he has been experiencing discomfort and only giving 70 per cent in training. After Burnley he says he has come through ok so can now move forward .

With Aurier and Sanchez plus KWP coming through we are looking good. Josh is doing well at Villa getting good reviews. He needed that loan to play every week.