Harry Pritchard signs from Maidenhead | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harry Pritchard signs from Maidenhead

That says a lot about his ambition, moving one end of the country to the other is a challenge. I know I did it

Yes who could forget what super Brett did for us my all time favourite pool player. However this lad we’ve just signed will not be anything close there is no good news coming from the club the greedy old fart is still lingering.

Harry Pritchard has said he can’t wait for pre-season to come around after signing a two-year deal with League One side Blackpool.
Pritchard, who found out about Blackpool’s interest while on holiday in Zanzibar last week, jumped at the chance to join Gary Bowyer’s side, calling the move a ‘no-brainer’.
But the 25-year-old, who spent six successful years at York Road, is also confident the club he’s leaving behind are in good hands under Alan Devonshire, and he expects they’ll get over his departure – alongside that of Sam Barratt and Sean Marks – and continue moving in the right direction.
“It’s been my dream to play pro-football, like all players really, and, when a League One club comes calling you have to take that chance,” he said.
“It’s a big move for me, and I’d told Dev I’d only leave for the right move. But when a League One club came in for me, especially one with the history of Blackpool, I knew it was the right move. They’re a big club and were keen to sign me.”
Pritchard flew home from holiday on Friday, and was a Blackpool player by Saturday morning. Now he can’t wait for pre-season to get back underway so he can prove himself to Bowyer and the Blackpool management team who’ve shown great faith in him.
He’s not the first, and probably won’t be the last player to go from non-league football to Bloomfield Road, with the route to Blackpool a well-trodden path for non-league players in recent seasons. The club also signed Michael Nottingham from Salford City over the weekend.
“They know that non-league players have the hunger and desire to prove themselves and do well,” he added.
“That’s what they like and I’m going to work incredibly hard for my position. I don’t expect to walk straight into the first team at Blackpool and I’m looking forward to getting the chance to prove myself in pre-season.”
Pritchard admits Devonshire has been left with some shoes to fill at York Road, but he’s confident his former boss is canny enough to bring in the right replacements to keep the Magpies flying high in the National League.
“I think all three of us have had quite an impact over the last few seasons,” added Pritchard.
“But Tarpey left last season and we still finished in 12th. All three players can be replaced and Dev is experienced enough to know what he needs at this level.
“It shows how far we’ve come (that he and Barratt have secured moves to League One clubs). But I’m sure there are many other players in the Maidenhead side who can go on to play league football.”
His ex-teammates have also been paying tribute.
Barratt said: “Absolutely buzzing for one of my best mates. Much deserved. Congrats Harry.”
Sean Marks, who this week signed for AFC Hornchurch in the Bostik Premier League, said: “Absolute top bloke who deserved the chance to play higher.”
Ryan Upward added: “It’s seems surreal but at the same time well deserved. Now you’re full time you’ll only progress further.”

Blackpool’s latest recruit Harry Pritchard will be aiming to transfer his non-league goalscoring form to the Seasiders in League One next season. The winger, who became Blackpool’s second signing of the summer following Michael Nottingham, scored 16 goals for Maidenhead United in the National League last season. He also provided 12 assists in a strong individual campaign which saw him crowned the players’ and supporters’ player of the season at York Road.
The 25-year-old, who will be playing full-time football for the first time with the Seasiders next season, is confident he can recreate last term’s form in the third tier. Pritchard said: “Scoring goals is my aim. As a left midfielder I want to be on the scoresheet as often as I can and get as many assists as I can. “So I’m happy to do that, and hopefully I can bring those goals and assists to Blackpool. “I think the last few seasons I’ve been progressing a lot and last season was definitely my best at Maidenhead (where he spent six years). “So I’m ready for the step up and I’m looking forward to going into full-time football. I’ve never done that before. “I’m looking forward to training hard, working hard in pre-season and hopefully I can start the season well.” Pritchard, who has signed a two-year deal with Blackpool, follows a number of players given a platform to shine at Bloomfield Road over the past 12 months. Curtis Tilt made the step up from non-league to enjoy a fine debut campaign as a League player, having signed from Wrexham last summer.
Gary Bowyer has also signed Nottingham from non-league, with the defender clinching a move from Salford City. Pritchard says that was one of the main factors behind him making the move up north. He added: “There are a few players in the squad who have played in non-league, so that shows the manager trusts players and is willing to play them if they continue to work hard, so I know what I’ve got to do. “Being based down south it’s a big move for me but I’m prepared to take that commitment. “I’m just looking forward to getting started.” Although Pritchard’s goalscoring exploits made him stand out in the National League this season, he’s also the type of winger willing to work hard and do his bit for the team. He said: “I’ve got a lot of flair and I’m the sort of winger who will get up and down and work really hard. “The goals and assists will come along with that but hard work will definitely be the main thing. “Hopefully I can repay with some goals.”