Harry Pritchard signs from Maidenhead | Vital Football

Harry Pritchard signs from Maidenhead

Maidenhead United winger Harry Pritchard has agreed a move to Blackpool on a two-year deal.
The 25-year-old, recently voted Maidenhead’s Players’ and Supporters’ Player of the Season, scored 16 goals in 47 games last term and collected the club’s Golden Boot award.
Promoted to the Vanarama National League with The Magpies 12 months ago, Pritchard’s goals and 12 assists helped Maidenhead finish in the top-half of the table in 2017/18.
His move to Bloomfield Road, which becomes official from 1 July, ends a six-year association with Maidenhead United, where he made a combined total of 233 appearances.
Harry Pritchard said:
“I’ve been playing non-league football for the last six years and as soon as I knew about Blackpool I was buzzing. To come up here and sign is a dream move. Last season was definitely my best at Maidenhead and I’m ready for the step up. I’m looking forward to training hard, working hard in pre-season and hopefully starting the season well.”
Manager Gary Bowyer added:
“Harry is another player who has done great and is eager to take his opportunity at this level. He’s capable of taking people on, scoring goals with both feet and being a threat in the air. He’s a welcome addition who can play on both flanks and we’re looking forward to working with him.”
Advertisement block

Non league players might have more of their potential fulfilled with decent full time training and coaching; let's have a good look before coming to judgement.

My objection Bear is the age of the Sherrif I'm hoping or assuming that this is down to the new scout. If they are as bad as Quigley then God help us.

Stars or nobodies, they all have to come from somewhere. Players like this are hungry and eager to impress. Whether he has the ability and skill to play well under pressure remains to be seen.

I do wonder if the old good news bad news play is happening.
Bank Holiday Sunday is a strange day to announce any signing and I wouldn't be surprised to see the news of another departure over the next couple of days.

I'm resigned to losing some of our better players. Let's hope we pass them on the way up under new owners.
One thing about non league players is they are often highly motivated to seize their chance and a percentage of them will do just that.