Harry makes his bid as next interim manager... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harry makes his bid as next interim manager...

Whilst I don't think Harry is a solution....I think he is ideal as an 8 game feel good interim manager. We need to play on the front foot....he will get us doing that. Yesterday we needed a win....at 1-1 he brings on Sissoko. Says it all....he was trying (again) not to lose. I would rather go down fighting then playing the shit Jose has us playing.
To right there Total, all day! I would rather see us on the front foot, and if/when we lose we are battling, that'll do me, simple.

This negativity we are witnessing is doing my ed in, and for this season anyway losing interest fast.

can't remember if it was here or elsewhere but whoever said the 30M we'll lose by sacking Jose can be made back by a manager adding that value back on to Dele by getting him in from the cold has a valid point IMO. His value has dropped like a stone in the last season, and with a bit of nurturing could easily shoot back up by 30M.

It is depressing how inevitable that feels.

I do wonder if the fear of Kane's departure is in some way a part of the problem now. If Kane were to leave, and Mourinho was able to sign a load of players with the fees, would that feel like a fresh start that finally draws a line under the decline of the last 3 seasons? Or would it just end up being more of the same but without one of the best strikers in Europe?
Doesn't matter Matic mate what funds he gets or what players he brings in,he's is still going to play the same shit tactics and spread his toxicity around the club,a leopard never changes his spots unfortunately.

Sacking Jose would be expensive. Not sacking him will be more expensive.

I don't see that a new manager would necessarily need a lot of new resources. There is plenty of improvement in this squad. We just need a manager who can get it playing to its strengths. And if Kane does go, the money is there to reinforce.

As to Dele, Winks, Toby, Aurier, Sissoko and possibly Doherty, of those I can only see Dele raising any serious amount of cash and it's debatable how much another club will pay for him at present.

The entire process of sacking Mourinho, paying off his contract and clauses, paying off his backroom staff, mixed with the hiring of a new manager with a new contract, new backroom staff and new fine details is an expensive process. Levy still thinks Jose is the right man to lead us forward too so he will be loathed to factor in all these extra fees against his own judgement, especially when key members of the squad are also still in support of the manager.

Levy has never had a manager with a CV like Jose's and I think he is more open to letting Jose ride through the bad in the vague hope that the good times will come.

I don't agree with it, but Levy is notoriously dumb with the footballing side of this club so it's unsurprising.

The entire process of sacking Mourinho, paying off his contract and clauses, paying off his backroom staff, mixed with the hiring of a new manager with a new contract, new backroom staff and new fine details is an expensive process. Levy still thinks Jose is the right man to lead us forward too so he will be loathed to factor in all these extra fees against his own judgement, especially when key members of the squad are also still in support of the manager.

Levy has never had a manager with a CV like Jose's and I think he is more open to letting Jose ride through the bad in the vague hope that the good times will come.

I don't agree with it, but Levy is notoriously dumb with the footballing side of this club so it's unsurprising.
I can't quite square Kane's apparent support for Jose in this. Yes, he may well have a good personal relationship with him but from a footballing perspective we seem further away from any meaningful trophies than we have done for a long time.

Lloris already has a World Cup winner's medal in his locker so I would pay less heed to his thoughts.

As to Levy, there must also be an element of sheer embarrassment that prevents him being decisive now. Another sacking of a manager so early in his tenure would be humiliating. If he genuinely thinks Jose can turn it around I'd love to know what the thought process is. The evidence in front of us screams otherwise.

Last edited:
So , taking Levy’s apparent stance on this , keeping Jose is the only viable option .
If this is so , and he is kept , and backed in the transfer window , are we going to be fed this crap brand of football for the foreseeable future?
A team which presumably will be centred around Kane ???? , ...... how then do we get out of the rut we are in now .
Selling Toby , Doherty ,Sissoko , Winks , and perhaps Dele isn’t going to raise enough to get the players needed to play Jose’s way
.... Makelele , Terry , Drogba , etc . The nasty tnucs he needs .
The future under his style is horrendous .We will not get the money needed to keep him in the manner in which he has become accustomed .
Manure were not going to have it . .
Why should we .

Ok, so I gotta weigh in a wee bit on this whole Moron-hoe is safe bit....

Bullshit.

Lloris, is a pro, and he is GONE. And his position in the dressing room isn't what oyu are describing. It never ever was.

Kane does respect Moron-hoe's record, but he is SHOCKED at what has transpired under him at Spurs. ** I have NEVER agreed with let alone suggested Kane would leave, but I think the likelihood of him in Lillywhite next season, regardless of Mgr, is now at about 15%. Max. If it is to be believed, someone out theere is saying this has already been communicated to Spurs, very directly & succinctly. what could keep him at this point? I see nothing other than a non-euro Treble next season.

PEH? Haha, no really. As if!! You know that one kid on the team, the one that everyone suspects is the Coach's Little Spy?? Guess who that kid is? Little Pierre! Yes it is! nobody is telling that kid ANYTHING, and he has ZERO influence, being he is not considered worthy in any way. In fact, once Moron-hoe goes, my guess is that PEH will be soon following him away. And good riddence! Game killin hunk of junk player.

Ultimately, it is likely that 3, likely 4 other players will have much more of an affect on the shithead's future. Toby, Dele, Snchz, and Ndomb are being underestimated.

He's got some real problems now.

:tophat:

Last edited:
Oh, and as it stands, Moron-hoe's incompetence has cost Spurs likely over £50-60m in lost revenues, so arguing that he wouldn't be fired because of some buyout cost is silly. And its not as much as people think. And it might be virtually nothing once Spurs are eliminated from Europe next year. Like literally nothing.

Last edited:
Oh, and as to the original post....

I think it'd be an absolute riot to see Harry get this squad for the run out!! Yes please 👍 If this group of guys needs anything, it's a whole lotta "Just go and run about a bit lads..."

They've nothing to lose & everything to gain, and with that kind of freedom after this bs, would prolly slaughter everything in their path

:tank:

Ok, so I gotta weigh in a wee bit on this whole Moron-hoe is safe bit....

Bullshit.

Lloris, is a pro, and he is GONE. And his position in the dressing room isn't what oyu are describing. It never ever was.

Kane does respect Moron-hoe's record, but he is SHOCKED at what has transpired under him at Spurs. ** I have NEVER agreed with let alone suggested Kane would leave, but I think the likelihood of him in Lillywhite next season, regardless of Mgr, is now at about 15%. Max. If it is to be believed, someone out theere is saying this has already been communicated to Spurs, very directly & succinctly. what could keep him at this point? I see nothing other than a non-euro Treble next season.

PEH? Haha, no really. As if!! You know that one kid on the team, the one that everyone suspects is the Coach's Little Spy?? Guess who that kid is? Little Pierre! Yes it is! nobody is telling that kid ANYTHING, and he has ZERO influence, being he is not considered worthy in any way. In fact, once Moron-hoe goes, my guess is that PEH will be soon following him away. And good riddence! Game killin hunk of junk player.

Ultimately, it is likely that 3, likely 4 other players will have much more of an affect on the shithead's future. Toby, Dele, Snchz, and Ndomb are being underestimated.

He's got some real problems now.

:tophat:
So that proves it then, one PEH doesn't spoilt he Broth.

Oh, and as to the original post....

I think it'd be an absolute riot to see Harry get this squad for the run out!! Yes please 👍 If this group of guys needs anything, it's a whole lotta "Just go and run about a bit lads..."

They've nothing to lose & everything to gain, and with that kind of freedom after this bs, would prolly slaughter everything in their path

:tank:
Thought you was gonna say this group of guys needs, "A whole lotta lovin" haha, AC/DC, mind it could be true!

A report today suggests there are a few bad apples in the dressing room but not as many as some might think.
The bad apples are probably the ones that ain't playing due to not being good enough.

The more I think of it I am starting to like the idea of Harry or Glenn as DOF, Scott Parker as Manager with Ledders, Mason, Keane and Friedel as his assistant/backroom staff.

All new players should also be made to sit through an induction run by Graham Roberts, Mickey Hazard and Ossie