• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kane is a "professional" footballer. Most comments have been about him being less than professional. The Gary Neville interview, the summer delay, the instagram post etc. It is not very professional letting your running stats and general commitment on the pitch decline when you're taking a massive salary, paid for by the fans of THFC.

If I'm honest, my biggest beef was with the media narrative constantly protecting him. I found it hard to read words like "consummate professional" when he has been anything but that in 2021. When the media narrative finally caught up, I was happier because I guessed that would be the hardest thing for him to take. In other words, he might start being professional in his job again and us fans would benefit again. If not, I was happy for him to not play for 3 seasons.

I'm still very happy for Kane to leave in January. He's given us a decade of service and is perfectly entitled to go and seek his fortune elsewhere. It's up to him and his agent to get the money we need.

It's not about hate though. It's just fans being pragmatic.
I really do dislike him now. And the longer this goes on the stronger my feelings are about him.

The thing is though, if he had shown an ounce of humility at some point, just some acknowledgment that there is a world outside of his ego and that the way he has treated the club is wrong, then provided he got his head down and committed fully to the team whilst he's still here, I would have accepted it and treated it as water under the bridge.

As it stands though I just want to see him gone in January - by any means. I hate having a player(s) in the team who I really dislike.

Last edited:
I really do dislike him now. And the longer this goes on the stronger my feelings are about him.

The thing is though, if he had shown an ounce of humility at some point, just some acknowledgment that there is a world outside of his ego and that the way he has treated the club is wrong, then provided he got his down and committed fully to the team whilst he's still here, I would have accepted it and treated it as water under the bridge.

As it stands though I just want to see him gone in January - by any means. I hate having a player(s) in the team who I really dislike.

What was Levy thinking of in expecting Kane to knuckle down ? He should have signed a top striker or even 2.

The thing is though, if he had shown an ounce of humility at some point, just some acknowledgment that there is a world outside of his ego and that the way he has treated the club is wrong, then provided he got his down and committed fully to the team whilst he's still here, I would have accepted it and treated it as water under the bridge.

Totally fair comment. Kane is never humble and seems to have developed an ego that is out of control. I think that comes from him being unintelligent. He hasn't got the brain cells to get his filter working correctly. If he did, he would realise he is coming across as very arrogant and, as you say, showing zero humility.

Kane has always been easy to dislike, just like Eriksen. We've mostly liked what they've done on the pitch but never warmed to them off of it. They don't seem to have the ability to open their mouth and make people like them. They could learn a lot from Sonny.

I must be missing something.......Kane is on this list.

Your guide to every man on Ballon d'Or shortlist

15 November 2021 06:0015 November 2021 06:00
Your guide to every woman on Ballon d'Or shortlist

Live Reporting

1. Posted at 10:32 12 Nov10:32 12 Nov
    Who will win Men's Ballon d'Or?
    1637093846651.gif
    Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
    Lionel Messi won the most recent Men's Ballon d'Or in 2019Image caption: Lionel Messi won the most recent Men's Ballon d'Or in 2019
    The battle for the title of world's best footballer has come round again, with the winner of the Men's Ballon d'Or to be decided on 29 November.
    Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have won 11 of the last 12 awards between them, with Luka Modric's success in 2018 the only anomaly. All three are on the shortlist again, but will there be a new winner?
    Handed out by publication French Football, the prize is seen as one of the most prestigious in world football - but who will win?
    Take a look at our profiles of the 30 shortlisted candidates and give a thumbs up to those you think have a claim to the crown.
    Article Reactions

Ode to Harry Kane
They’d love him if he played in Spain
They’d sing viva, viva Harry Kane
But over here the Spurs fans foam
He doesn’t run enough they moan
Since he tilted for a move
They are spurned lovers who will not soothe
They want him dropped they want him out
But he’s our best there is no doubt
They really hate it when he scores it only irritates their sores
His England hat tricks, count for naught
They want his time there to be short
He can take us to the firmament
But they’d rather give him punishment
He was once one of our own
But for his ambition he can’t atone
He’s very bright he feels their ire
It will affect his on pitch desire
A brilliant star shone in our midst
He deserves much better than this
Stars have ambition and they want glory
Come on lads let’s change the story.
Very cleverly constructed, pity about the sentiments, so many Spurs fans can't all be wrong.

Shearer's record is 260 Premier league goals.

Harry has 167. He ain't smashing it. Not happening.

Also, Shearer retired from England to focus on his club career. He was 29/30. Can we honestly see Kane doing that?

I think he'll be close, but to get another 100 goals is a big ask.

Shearer's record is 260 Premier league goals.

Harry has 167. He ain't smashing it. Not happening.

He needs 94 goals and he's only recently turned 28.

Realistically he has 4/5 seasons at the top of his game. He will score a minimum of 20 a season. You do the maths.

Plus when he gets to 32/33 and he either has the record or is close he will no doubt stay in the league for as long as possible.

I can see him getting close to 300.

He needs 94 goals and he's only recently turned 28.

Realistically he has 4/5 seasons at the top of his game. He will score a minimum of 20 a season. You do the maths.

Plus when he gets to 32/33 and he either has the record or is close he will no doubt stay in the league for as long as possible.

I can see him getting close to 300.
He would need to stay relatively injury free for all of those seasons to be hitting 20+ goals per season. On current evidence I'd say that's unlikely.

He's not going to be scoring twenty plus PL goals a season if he stays with us, due in equal measures to his crap attitude, and the fact that we no longer have the creativity to provide him with the service necessary. We'd need some major moves in the transfer market to change that situation.
If he gets his way and gets a move to City in the summer I'd still make him favourite to break Shearer's record, he hasn't forgotten how to score goals. As Gary points out however, that will not necessarily be a given, his playing time will need to be well managed if he is to stay relatively injury free. City are however a Club in a position to do that more than any other Premiership team.

He would need to stay relatively injury free for all of those seasons to be hitting 20+ goals per season. On current evidence I'd say that's unlikely.

If he plays 30 PL games a season you’d fancy him to score 20 goals. Last season he had an injury free season and has done so far this season. His ‘ankle problems’ are a but of a myth in my opinion.

He's not going to be scoring twenty plus PL goals a season if he stays with us, due in equal measures to his crap attitude, and the fact that we no longer have the creativity to provide him with the service necessary. We'd need some major moves in the transfer market to change that situation.
If he gets his way and gets a move to City in the summer I'd still make him favourite to break Shearer's record, he hasn't forgotten how to score goals. As Gary points out however, that will not necessarily be a given, his playing time will need to be well managed if he is to stay relatively injury free. City are however a Club in a position to do that more than any other Premiership team.
I'm not so sure Smithy.

If Pep manages his playing time - and presumably that means not playing every game - he'll need to score 20+ goals in a condensed number of games. I think he'll be expected to play in all of the Champions League matches and the business end of the domestic cup competitions, which City invariably do well in.

And if he doesn't get a move in January, he's going to be a long way short of 20 this season on his current form. So that's one season less to achieve the target.

My money's on Shearer's record staying in tact. At least as far as Kane is concerned.

If he plays 30 PL games a season you’d fancy him to score 20 goals. Last season he had an injury free season and has done so far this season. His ‘ankle problems’ are a but of a myth in my opinion.

It's going to be touch and go. Shearer played until he was 36, and scored 84 goals in his last 6 seasons. Obviously, he prioritised club over country and didn't play for a league winning side. If Kane can last until he's mid-thirties, I think he'll make it. He may not have Shearer's longevity though.

What would be interesting is to see the odds now. If he moves to City, they will be slashed. Might be worth a punt.

That's a strike rate of 0.66 goals per game. His career strike rate in the Premier League is - you guessed it - 0.66 goals per game. But he'd need to maintain that rate for the best part of five full seasons.

The assumption is that if he goes to City he'll be banging them in for fun. Now undoubtedly they create far more chances than we do but then again they spread their goalscoring responsibilities far wider than we do. I'm not so sure that they'll be building their attacks to service Kane in the way that we have done historically.

They really aren't a myth; his ankle injuries have made him susceptible to rolling his ankle and when he does, he'll be stretching scar tissue (that hardens over time and prohibits flexibility), which is why his standing starts are slower and he can't or won't pivot off his feet the way he once did.

If he does it one more time, he'll have ankles that will feel like they're made of glass.

They really aren't a myth; his ankle injuries have made him susceptible to rolling his ankle and when he does, he'll be stretching scar tissue (that hardens over time and prohibits flexibility), which is why his standing starts are slower and he can't or won't pivot off his feet the way he once did.

If he does it one more time, he'll have ankles that will feel like they're made of glass.

I'm sure that golf simulator in his house doesn't help much, keep turning onto that left ankle. Wonder how many balls he's hit on that thing over the years?

https://www.essexlive.news/news/celebs-tv/essex-properties-inside-england-spurs-5555735