• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We can get a striker. We are emerging as a club prepared to pay competitive salaries and moving toward a club that rotates its squad.

The environment has changed. The stadium is hosting events, that directly impact (in a positive way) the football club's expenses, which frees up extra salary room. Things are looking up. :thumbup:

We could have had Vinicius I think , unless something went wrong or the player didn't fancy it. I saw some good moments from him but he didn't really get a run in the side.
He was one I was in two minds about.

We all see different things. I didn't mind him as a flat track bully for the EL, but he was never going to challenge Kane in the PL. He just didn't have the all round game, but I would have backed him to get some goals. Ended up in the Eredivisie with PSV.

It's a numbers game. Vlahovic and Martinez didn't move and didn't sign new contracts either. Haaland has a release clause in Jan, and Mbappe is a free agent in the summer. We're a top 10 club financially and I named 4 without thinking too hard. Even if these 4 move to top clubs, there will be others.

Vinnie would have been perfect for the Conference league. Perfect for the League Cup and FA Cup.

I bet he would have got 10 plus goals again. He was more of a threat than Bergwinj and Lucas for goals.

Fabio has irritated me regarding the Vinnie and Bale situation. He has underestimated their impact.

Vinnie would have been perfect for the Conference league. Perfect for the League Cup and FA Cup.

I bet he would have got 10 plus goals again. He was more of a threat than Bergwinj and Lucas for goals.

Fabio has irritated me regarding the Vinnie and Bale situation. He has underestimated their impact.

Can't see what he could do - he couldn't influence either of the decisions that they were being returned to sender?!

All he could do was hope we had a replacement lined up, which we failed once again to achieve - so now it's Scarlett, who really needed a loan away in my view.

Can't see what he could do - he couldn't influence either of the decisions that they were being returned to sender?!

All he could do was hope we had a replacement lined up, which we failed once again to achieve - so now it's Scarlett, who really needed a loan away in my view.

It's been very evident in recent weeks with Son carrying a knock and imo sulking, Kane half arsed we just don't have anyone else stepping up to score.

If we look toothless again at the weekend I really do worry how the season is heading.

Dane isn't ready. He certainly needs a loan.

It's been very evident in recent weeks with Son carrying a knock and imo sulking, Kane half arsed we just don't have anyone else stepping up to score.

If we look toothless again at the weekend I really do worry how the season is heading.

Dane isn't ready. He certainly needs a loan.

Kane is and has been a curse and a blessing for years now when it comes to attracting a top draw striking alternative. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of an agent saying, 'my man won't come even for the money, he wants to play'..

As you say, we looked toothless, but hopefully, Sonny will improve again as he shrugs off the calf injury and Harry will get interested again now.

I'd have bought Ivan Tooney as he is arrogant enough to believe in himself and mentally strong enough to step up. Probably £40 mil would have done and it might well have been money well spent.

Kane is and has been a curse and a blessing for years now when it comes to attracting a top draw striking alternative. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of an agent saying, 'my man won't come even for the money, he wants to play'..

As you say, we looked toothless, but hopefully, Sonny will improve again as he shrugs off the calf injury and Harry will get interested again now.

I'd have bought Ivan Tooney as he is arrogant enough to believe in himself and mentally strong enough to step up. Probably £40 mil would have done and it might well have been money well spent.
But we could have got somebody like Son who's main position is wide of the CF but is versatile enough to play across the line. That way we provide cover and competition for Kane. Or play all 3 players together.

But we could have got somebody like Son who's main position is wide of the CF but is versatile enough to play across the line. That way we provide cover and competition for Kane. Or play all 3 players together.

You're right we could have and it struck me that this would be Vini/Gedsons role if they showed they were good enough, why we failed to achieve this role in the summer is another frustration.

Astute analysis by journalist David Walsh this morning:

"In his book Brave New World, Mauricio Pochettino, then in charge of Spurs, wrote this of Kane: “He is a warrior now. I’m not speaking about qualities or traits but that absolutely essential mental strength to be able to stay in the elite. I believe Harry Kane is the best player in the world in terms of mental strength, willpower and endeavour.” That was four years ago. The same could not be said now.

For sure, Kane wanted to leave Tottenham this summer and his disappointment at the move to Manchester City not happening is natural. That may explain his present performance level but it doesn’t excuse it. Perhaps just as relevant are the ankle injuries that have regularly sidelined him. A footballer should be at the peak of his physical powers at 28 but Kane plays now with less aggression and far less combativeness than when in his mid-twenties. He is captain of his club and his country but, at least on the pitch, it never seems like he’s leading. Not by word, and not by deed.

In England’s opening two games at Euro 2020, against Croatia and Scotland, he was substituted. On the second occasion that was with 15 minutes remaining. Most worrying of all was his reluctance to engage in the physical battle with Scotland’s centre backs. Kane should be the one doing the bullying.

Should he honestly reflect on the saga that preceded Tottenham’s refusal to sell him to City, Kane will not be easy on himself. At the end of last season he did an interview with Gary Neville for Sky, in which he outlined his desire to leave Tottenham, even though he was only halfway through his six-year contract with the club. Apart from upsetting Tottenham and Daniel Levy, the chairman, what did that achieve?

Kane’s contract didn’t have a release clause. Though the bottom line here is that no one put a gun to his head and said, “Harry, it’s a six-year contract or nothing.” Stuck at Tottenham, he needs to get on with it. He plays for a team crying out for leadership, energy and aggression. Pochettino was right in 2017 when he said Kane was a warrior and he may even have been right when he suggested he the best player in the world in terms of mental strength.

Now Kane desperately needs to rediscover his younger self."

Astute analysis by journalist David Walsh this morning:

"In his book Brave New World, Mauricio Pochettino, then in charge of Spurs, wrote this of Kane: “He is a warrior now. I’m not speaking about qualities or traits but that absolutely essential mental strength to be able to stay in the elite. I believe Harry Kane is the best player in the world in terms of mental strength, willpower and endeavour.” That was four years ago. The same could not be said now.

For sure, Kane wanted to leave Tottenham this summer and his disappointment at the move to Manchester City not happening is natural. That may explain his present performance level but it doesn’t excuse it. Perhaps just as relevant are the ankle injuries that have regularly sidelined him. A footballer should be at the peak of his physical powers at 28 but Kane plays now with less aggression and far less combativeness than when in his mid-twenties. He is captain of his club and his country but, at least on the pitch, it never seems like he’s leading. Not by word, and not by deed.

In England’s opening two games at Euro 2020, against Croatia and Scotland, he was substituted. On the second occasion that was with 15 minutes remaining. Most worrying of all was his reluctance to engage in the physical battle with Scotland’s centre backs. Kane should be the one doing the bullying.

Should he honestly reflect on the saga that preceded Tottenham’s refusal to sell him to City, Kane will not be easy on himself. At the end of last season he did an interview with Gary Neville for Sky, in which he outlined his desire to leave Tottenham, even though he was only halfway through his six-year contract with the club. Apart from upsetting Tottenham and Daniel Levy, the chairman, what did that achieve?

Kane’s contract didn’t have a release clause. Though the bottom line here is that no one put a gun to his head and said, “Harry, it’s a six-year contract or nothing.” Stuck at Tottenham, he needs to get on with it. He plays for a team crying out for leadership, energy and aggression. Pochettino was right in 2017 when he said Kane was a warrior and he may even have been right when he suggested he the best player in the world in terms of mental strength.

Now Kane desperately needs to rediscover his younger self."
Gary, all that is so bloody true, great read mate.

Yeah agree...great read Gary thanks!!

One thing is clear he sure as hell isn't our club Captain!

Welcome to the real world Kate...life sucks get a helmet! (oh yeah forgot your wages...well life sucks for us living in the real world!!)

I would have said that but English salaries rule. The PL is the place to be, hence why we had no credible offers from Europe's big clubs.

Do you not think the 10th biggest club financially can't get a striker. Maybe not Dusan as he's now very visible, but we must be able to land one if we have £60m and a decent salary offer.

No not a decent striker. For most players who are considered as top players do not care about the money as much as glory. If you get one just for money then that is not what we want. We have missed out on some good talent over the years as the don't want to just sit on the bench. Now even if we sell Kane the problem is as Paratici has found out we can not get a suitable replacement. I think if we sell Harry and manage to get some form of European football we may be able to get a player like Ollie Watkins or Ivan Toney which is not good enough as they are not going to get anywhere near Kane's goals. Unfortunately we also have the fact that a lot of ex players and pundits are saying how negative Nuno's football is and no striker wants to play in a system like that

For the sake of Nunos managerial position, for the sake of the other players...Harry needs to be benched. It's crystal clear his heart isn't in it & if it is....his performance isn't good enough to be be picked He lost possession 11 times yesterday, and only touched the ball 25 times. Won one in five challenges...had a pass rate of 46%. If I was playing in the team based on this seasons performance from him I would be seriously fecked off that he appears to be untouchable.

Ah Harry scored a hat trick against a league 2 level team. Bless him.

You haven't fooled me you fake ass bitch.
Certainly he'll need to start doing this at PL level, last night's game means very little. What it did maybe illustrate is that Kane is first and foremost a CF, and if he gets the service he will score goals. Whether he gets that service at PL level depends both on tactics, and the ability of others to be creative in the Premiership.
Like Kane, Lo Celso was a different player last night, but as you rightly indicate RD, how much does it mean against that level of opposition. In Kane's case it illustrated that when the chances are there he can still score goals without breaking a sweat, in Lo Celso's case it proved that he would probably be a good Championship player.

I think most are getting it now with Kane.

There was one moment in the match that was most telling for me. We had a free-kick just over the half way line in the right back area.

Now Son is on the corners and free kicks and went over. Doherty and Gio were in the area and ready to take it quickly. Kane run in and took it quickly. He nearly played a great ball, but to one runner and we lost the ball.

Now that would be a video nasty for me this morning with the guys. Why do we have 4 out of 9 outfield players trying to take a free-kick in an innocuous area? Why is Harry not getting into the number 9 position as our target man? He would be told clearly what his duties are and taking free-kicks on the half way line is not one of them. Why didn't Doherty get his motor on down the right and provide another option? Why is Son even thinking that this is one of the free kicks that he should be on?

It is little details like this that just shows Kane just does what he wants and the team aren't being drilled well.