Harry convinced Spurs target could play at 'top level'... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harry convinced Spurs target could play at 'top level'...

He is a useful sub to inject energy and pressing plus a goal creator and threat. Poch didn't buy him and has not sought to sell him probably because he recognises his uses.
He was given a new contract and I trust Pochs opinion more than yours. He may again as he has in the past force his way into a starting position, if Eriksen and Son underperform probably sooner than later.

He is a spare part, making up our squad allocation because we have no one suitable in his position. We cannot sell him because no one wants to buy him. It is evident from watching him that too much of Lamela on the pitch usually equates to giving more time for his incompetence to thrive. While bringing him on as a sub is invariably more of the same for a shorter period. Bags of energy but painfully low on quality to make much count. Not a top four player and shouldn't be near a top-four squad.

Perhaps, but the lower hanging fruit is Llorente, Janssen and Nkoudou and the guys that looks like leaving of his own accord is Eriksen.

With Janssen and Nkoudou only making up numbers, we surely need to replace Llorente and Eriksen first before we cut deeper with Lamela.

Ideally, one of Roles, Edwards or Sterling would step up and displace him that way. That doesn't look likely though.

Lamela is so ordinary I would take a free hit and elevate Edwards/Grealish if we get him for a place in the squad. From my observations over six years, there isn't much in the way of quality or a football brain for them to surpass.

I think we can all see we need to make some clear decisons.

Whatever anyone thinks of Lamela, what is now clear is that he's at besta bit-part player and no matter where he comes from, I'd hope that the club can see his contribution(s) are now negligiable and move him on.

That said, I can't see us getting much for him, but then there does always seem to be some club willing to take a massive gamble on crocked players.

Lamela just runs round trying to kick anything that’s has a ball.
I bet he even tackles his dog in the garden when they play ball.