Harry Anderson | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harry Anderson

I feel Harry is one of those players you just hope does well, young lad working his socks off game in game out.

He had a habit when he first arrived to shoot at every opportunity, he went a bit to far the other way for me earlier on in the season because he has a real good strike on him.

I like Anderson a lot. He does the dirty defensive stuff but, when he's on form, always looks to get forward and is usually willing to try to beat his defender. His final product is variable, but he's a young winger playing in L2 and still learning his trade.

He has a heart the size of a football.

Obviously Danny rates him highly as he is normally in the starting line up. I would never argue with his judgement and wholeheartedly agree with him. I don't think he gets enough praise for his defensive work, he works his socks off for the team. Over the season Andrade has been more of an attacking threat for us but as put in nowhere as much defensive covering as Harry as.

From what I've seen he's a good wide player for League 2 (he would get in most, if not all, sides in this division) and will probably be able to cut it in L1. He should make a decent career... he already has one.

I would be very, very surprised though if Sunderland were interested in him (as mentioned by someone recently) let alone Aston Villa. He is quick, but not especially quick. He has more power and aggression than your typical winger but he doesn't have the silky skills needed for the higher levels and his running with the ball is pretty much straight line.

The usual plan when he gets near the byline is to draw the full back and drop the ball back for Eardley or Wilson to cross it. I know Eardley is excellent at that but it's a tactic that's used all the time. There must be a reason for it. Yesterday, he put in a couple of really top quality crosses and I'd like to see more of that.

Equally, I'd like to see him get into positions like the goalscoring one yesterday more often. In fact, I'd like to see that Man City tactic extended to Andrade as I think they both stay wide too long. That could be a great strength of Anderson as he has the physique and energy to get in there, whereas his long range shooting is often erratic. He doesn't looked properly balanced and they all seem to end up in the side netting at the near post.

Those are merely observations which may be wrong. If he does get a move to a Sunderland or Aston Villa, though, then the club shouldn't stand in his way, it would be a major opportunity for him.

From what I've seen he's a good wide player for League 2 (he would get in most, if not all, sides in this division) and will probably be able to cut it in L1. He should make a decent career... he already has one.

I would be very, very surprised though if Sunderland were interested in him (as mentioned by someone recently) let alone Aston Villa. He is quick, but not especially quick. He has more power and aggression than your typical winger but he doesn't have the silky skills needed for the higher levels and his running with the ball is pretty much straight line.

The usual plan when he gets near the byline is to draw the full back and drop the ball back for Eardley or Wilson to cross it. I know Eardley is excellent at that but it's a tactic that's used all the time. There must be a reason for it. Yesterday, he put in a couple of really top quality crosses and I'd like to see more of that.

Equally, I'd like to see him get into positions like the goalscoring one yesterday more often. In fact, I'd like to see that Man City tactic extended to Andrade as I think they both stay wide too long. That could be a great strength of Anderson as he has the physique and energy to get in there, whereas his long range shooting is often erratic. He doesn't looked properly balanced and they all seem to end up in the side netting at the near post.

Those are merely observations which may be wrong. If he does get a move to a Sunderland or Aston Villa, though, then the club shouldn't stand in his way, it would be a major opportunity for him.

This is easier to do when effectively playing 4-3-3, as we were yesterday, no? Presumably his defensive responsibilities are a little less and he's a bit more central than when playing wide in a 4.

This is easier to do when effectively playing 4-3-3, as we were yesterday, no? Presumably his defensive responsibilities are a little less and he's a bit more central than when playing wide in a 4.

When we're in an attacking position on the wing, ie not looking to switch play, I don't know why the other winger isn't getting into the sort of positions Sane and Sterling do for Man City. We've been 4-3-3 most of the season but the onus is on Akinde (or Rhead or Green) when the ball is put into the danger area and any support is invariably from centre midfield. When Frecklington isn't playing that support is often lacking.

I think we'd score even more goals than we do already, and the output is already very good.

Anderson' the opposite of what you'd expect of a winger at this level.

Usually you end up with the JMD types - technically good, skillful but not physically strong enough.

Anderson's physical attributes are that of a mid-20's player.

I think one of his attributes is he's relatively calm in front of goal. I've even thought he could be maybe converted into a striker...
one of his other attributes is quick reaction. in fact on the wing, and when running with the ball, it seems the longer he has to think the more likely to lose to ball. he is strong, and can hit a ball first time. no time to think, just do it! ideal for a striker/poacher

all his goals in the last two seasons. striker's reactions?

1 touch finish. close range
notts county - header
crewe - quickest to react to loose ball following a corner… right foot volley.
barnet - left foot volley
stevenage - quickest to react to rebound… header
peterborough - near post right foot volley
notts county - near post right foot volley
port vale - near post from corner
scunthorpe - quickest to react to rhead knock down
northampton - darting run, right foot shot.
morecambe - darting run, right foot shot.

2 touch finish. edge of box
fgr - outpacing defence from half way, 1st touch round keeper. left foot shot
crewe - inside pass, 1st touch forward. left foot shot.

If we are offered decent money for him then Danny will have a chat with him about where he see's his future, if the personal terms are significantly better and a 3/4 year deal then he'll advise him to go however I'm sure he mention Shaun Raggett, who more than likely will be playing against us next season.