Harry Anderson | Vital Football

Harry Anderson

gw54

Vital Squad Member
Posh have announced their retained list today and Harry Anderson is on it, which is surprising as he had hardly featured when available for them.

Lee Angol has been transfer listed as he is in the last year of his contract, so I think we'll be seeing more of him at Sincil Bank.

Posh will be aware of any interest in him, so have probably offered him something for compo purposes.

Luke Imp - 3/5/2017 08:26

Posh will be aware of any interest in him, so have probably offered him something for compo purposes.

My first thought too.

Not sure how much they will want for Angol. As long as they don't play silly beggars with us, hope we get him.

I thought Anderson was out of contract in the summer. So if that is correct is he retained subject to agreeing a new deal? Does it also mean he is free to talk to other clubs and would be subject to compensation because of his age?

I think as long as they offer him at least what he's on now, they'd be entitled to compensation if he rejected them and went elsewhere.

Barry Fry et al are renowned negotiators, maybe they should be transferred to the Brexit team.

Interview with Harry in the Peterboro today newspaper from March (http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/interview-two-months-to-win-a-new-contract-1-7855052) says his contract runs out at the end of this season.

Rasenimp - 2/5/2017 16:57

Luke Imp - 3/5/2017 08:26

My first thought too.

Not sure how much they will want for Angol. As long as they don't play silly beggars with us, hope we get him.

I think the reported £100,000 loan fee is his transfer fee - maybe a clause triggered on promotion? Luke might know more of the mechanics of this.

I get the feeling with Angol (right at the front of the bus I noticed) will be here next season as our record signing 100k. Harry might be here too but with pish wanting a similar fee or Woodyard...

Fry might be an odious tosspot but he's not stupid - he's offered a contract so we're obliged to pay compensation.

It would be good to secure Harry and Angol. Still unsure about Knott but with the pre-season and the potential for other new signings along with opposition of a slightly more footballing variety he may well come into his own.

Wood's reported absence does seem to suggest issues, or at least provoke speculation...

ginnelly was also right at the front of the bus. beevers was at the front of the bus holding the trophy... surely the position on the bus has nothing to do with the retained list.

Really hope we can sign Anderson, he is still very young and i think there will be much more to come from him although of course that's exactly what Fry will say when he gives us his ridiculous valuation...

Hope we sign Anderson a really good player with bags of potential.

Interesting that his twitter profile is all of him in a Lincoln City kit including his background. Nothing on there about Peterborough apart a little bit saying Peterborough on loan at Lincoln. He was saying how much he loved being at Lincoln when I heard him talking at Maidstone.