Harrogate Game | Vital Football

Harrogate Game

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Standing on the terraces last night I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable the game was, apart from the last minute!
Overall I thought Pools performed well, remembering this is a new team and system and will take time to gel. Several goalscoring opportunities were created which with better composure or awareness of teammates positions would have seen a different result.
Of the equalising goal it is easy to criticise:
-Kioso gave away a cheap free-kick in a dangerous area - no doubt down to his inexperience, but I'm sure he'll learn from this.
- Their goalscorer was being marked by Donaldson, probably our weakest defender, who was isolated at the back post. No doubt this arose due to the substitutions that had been made.

I'm sure (hopeful) that lessons will be learnt from this game and results will improve, starting with a win on Saturday against Ebbsfleet.

Ebbsfleet are very good team at this level. They got to the play offs last season and beat us twice. They will provide a stern test and I reckon a draw is the most likely result though I wouldn't be surprised Ebbsfleet sneak the win.