Happy St Georges Day. | Vital Football

Happy St Georges Day.

Yes I am proud to be English too.
I feel the media are letting us down but every other group of people in this fine country are doing brilliantly to help combat the silent killer.

Reactions: Rex
I encountered a situation yesterday which highlighted what it is like to live in a caring but slightly crazy country.

I was reading an ecological report prepared as part of an approved Planning Application for a small single storey dwelling and the opening paragraph explained that a site visit had not been made due to Covid 19.
Despite that, the report concluded that bats could possibly be found in and around trees adjacent to front and rear of site but not within the actual site boundary.
As such the report required a' bat commuting corridor' between the trees and this affects my design for a double the approved size dwelling I am now working on.
Add to that the restriction of not clearing site between March and August so as not to disturb possible bird nesting and its already throwing out challenges.

I was sitting in my office last night thinking how a country which permits storage of live bats in a market resulting in them being eaten and possibly being cause of creating a world wide pandemic, compares to our country where due to that pandemic stops a bat survey resulting in an estimation of bats existence and creation of an area for them to fly without encountering a bungalow !

Could there be a greater contrast ?

Reactions: Rex