Happy Easter Everyone | Page 2 | Vital Football

Happy Easter Everyone

During the Coronavirus I've been hosting 8pm Friday video calls called "The Virtual Pub" with my mates only. I now have the 6 o'clock club from the local inviting me to their video call tonight, one would assume so I invite them to my 8pm slot in return.

I need to stay disciplined or I could end up going from a weekend drinker to a serial alcoholic and 2 stone heavier :-)

Suffering today...yesterday I made two large jugs of Sangria (my own recipe) Think I over did the spirits I added to the red wine and tonic water and fresh fruit. Me and the missus intended drinking one in the back garden...got carried away and ended up drinking the second jug followed by G&T's....so having a booze free day today......

Suffering today...yesterday I made two large jugs of Sangria (my own recipe) Think I over did the spirits I added to the red wine and tonic water and fresh fruit. Me and the missus intended drinking one in the back garden...got carried away and ended up drinking the second jug followed by G&T's....so having a booze free day today......

That fresh fruit is lethal, won't touch it unless forced to now. ;)

Last edited:
No doubt you've seen this before, but...

Don't forget to turn up your Bose speakers on full blast for the gorilla impression at the end!
Thanks Critical...no I hadn‘t seen that before....he’s not one of my favourite musicians but I like his version of this and also take a look at me now...I think I look cooler with my ear buds than he does in his Chinese pyjama outfit though!

Is that lightweight or what? 😈😈😈😷

10k run done. I'll be on the Sangria later. 😉
RD , Good to hear you’re getting your fitness back and obviously feeling back to normal . With the running I mean! ......... and the beer ,..... and the sangria ....... wine? .
I never get a hangover , which can be good or a curse I suppose ,
because I don’t get that “ I will never drink again “ feeling I’ve heard about . I wake up groggy but that goes away after twenty or so minutes .by the time I’ve woken up , got up , trundle to the loo , gone downstairs to make coffee for both of us and cleared away all last nights bottles and glasses , brought the coffee back up to bed , I’m back to normal ....... if I ever was normal in the first place ! Ready to face the day again .

RD , Good to hear you’re getting your fitness back and obviously feeling back to normal . With the running I mean! ......... and the beer ,..... and the sangria ....... wine? .
I never get a hangover , which can be good or a curse I suppose ,
because I don’t get that “ I will never drink again “ feeling I’ve heard about . I wake up groggy but that goes away after twenty or so minutes .by the time I’ve woken up , got up , trundle to the loo , gone downstairs to make coffee for both of us and cleared away all last nights bottles and glasses , brought the coffee back up to bed , I’m back to normal ....... if I ever was normal in the first place ! Ready to face the day again .

I got bored with the Sangria. Very sickly. I did a bottle of red when the sun went down.

If I stick to one drink I can drink all day. It's the mixing that screws you up. A good coffee always gets rid of any hangover twinge. 😉

Easter is a time to enjoy I guess, a long weekend, family and food. Obviously more for those who are religious unlike myself. But this Easter will be remembered for the wrong reasons including the loss of Stirling Moss and Tim Brooke Taylor who both brought joy to my life. I was lucky to see Stirling in competition around Silverstone in classic racing cars and obviously Tim with the Goodies which appealed to me in my early teens. RIP to them and all those affected by this virus . Stirling was 90 and had been I'll for some time but his passing is one of a great....the best driver never to have won the world championship in F1....it is often said.

Easter is a time to enjoy I guess, a long weekend, family and food. Obviously more for those who are religious unlike myself. But this Easter will be remembered for the wrong reasons including the loss of Stirling Moss and Tim Brooke Taylor who both brought joy to my life. I was lucky to see Stirling in competition around Silverstone in classic racing cars and obviously Tim with the Goodies which appealed to me in my early teens. RIP to them and all those affected by this virus . Stirling was 90 and had been I'll for some time but his passing is one of a great....the best driver never to have won the world championship in F1....it is often said.

And now Peter Bonetti !!