Happy Canada Day! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Happy Canada Day!

Asshole brother in law texted me this today. Skiing on July 15th. Dick.MC.jpg

Tomorrow is Canada Day. A double signing would make me very happy!

Is there normally a British representative to celebrate the day ? I know William and Kate attended in 2011.

It varies.

37,578,285 — Canada's population as of 12:15 p.m. ET on Friday.

3,463,000 — the country's estimated population in 1867.

46,995,360 — the number of maple taps in Canadian trees in 2016.

36,581 — the number of people who attended Canada Day celebrations on Parliament Hill last year.

34.7 C — the daily high temperature in Ottawa last July 1.

11 — the number of statutory holidays in most Canadian provinces and territories.

19 — the number in Japan this year, due to the ascension of the new emperor.

28 — the number of public holidays in Cambodia.

1st — Canada's rank among the 25 countries that accepted UN refugees in 2018.

28,100 — the number of refugees who resettled here last year.

1.4 million — the number of people in need of permanent resettlement.

9th — Canada's ranking among nations in the latest World Happiness Report, just behind New Zealand and ahead of Austria.

5th — Canada's ranking in 2015.

next-creek-watershed.jpg

A man hikes the Darkwoods Conservation Area in B.C. (The Nature Conservancy of Canada/Gordon MacPherson)

82.782 years — the life expectancy in Canada for 2019.

13th — this country's ranking for life expectancy, behind Sweden and ahead of South Korea.

5.4 per cent — Canada's jobless rate in May, the lowest figure in at least 43 years.

1.23 percentage ofCanada's GDP devoted to military spending in 2018.

14th — Canada's place on the list of world's biggest defence spenders last year.

$21.6 billion US — the amount Canada spent on its military in 2018.

$4.27 billion US — the amount Canada devoted to foreign aid in 2017.

1.2 — the percentage of last year's record $1.822 trillion in global military spending that Canada was responsible for.

Almost 70 — the percentage of Canadians who participate in outdoor or wilderness activities.

44 —the percentage who say they hike or backpack.

32 — the percentage who view or photograph wildlife.

16 — the percentage who forage for food.

704 megatonnes — Canada's total greenhouse gas emissions in 2016.

1st — Canada's ranking in per capita carbon emissions among G20 nations.

7th — Canada's overall world ranking.

fireworks-over-the-jacques-cartier-bridge.jpg

You can always count on music and fireworks over the Old Port to celebrate Canada Day in Montreal.(AFP/Getty Images)

206,624,103 – the number of potted plants produced in Canada in 2017.

$5.9 billion – the amount spent by Canadian households on tools and equipment for home and garden in the last quarter of 2018.

5,032 – the number of bars, restaurants and other establishments licensed to sell alcohol in Canada in 2018.

360 — the actual and planned cannabis retail locations across Canada as of May 2019.

5.884 million litres — the volume of eggnog sold commercially in Canada in December 2018.

7 —the reported number of fireworks accidents/incidents in Canada in 2017-2018.

To forage the right environment needs to be available . Over here 3 billion trees planted by 2050 to improve our carbon balance is suggested. We have enough land to grow food. Imagine if a % those trees were fruit trees . It is suggested 20 % of arable farm land is given over to trees. Plus a programme of intensive planting in public places.

Thats rich after your post about Canada's percentages.

No problem.

Best country to live in

Half the population is stoned...legally,

And we all like the outdoors and drive our Audi's like ladies and gentlemen.

What it doesn't have is the idiot BMW driver's stats.

We are welcoming, fun, intelligent, ridiculously good looking and have healthy teeth.

This Trudeau brown face business is hilarious, couldn't happen to a nicer ****.

The rub is that I assume he did that years ago - I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Boris does the same sort of thing every Tuesday evening, whilst dressed in his best SS Uniform, shagging a pigs head at the Bojos Burrington Boys Club.

The rub is that I assume he did that years ago - I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Boris does the same sort of thing every Tuesday evening, whilst dressed in his best SS Uniform, shagging a pigs head at the Bojos Burrington Boys Club.

What's Boris got to do with it ?

Last edited:
It's the delicious irony of the self styled King of Wokeness being hoist with his own petard that I find gratifying.
How long do you think he has been thinking.... 'any day now those pictures will come back to haunt me'... Lol. He should take a leaf out of Trumps book and say it was the light bulbs that changed my skin.