Happy Birthday.... | Vital Football

Happy Birthday....

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
Agree. Actually played cricket once with Dave Peach for Rainham back in '73. I was star struck.

Things you learn. Just checked Dave’s career on wiki. Never realised he was a record signing for Swindon Town!! Booo!

Also “ While at Orient, he became the first player to have played on every Football League ground.”

There’s a claim to fame 👍

He lived in Northumberland Avenue in Rainham a couple of doors from my school mate! Can remember all the first team playing kit being out on his washing line!

With my family all Saints season ticket holders, was lucky enough to see him play a few times at the Dell as well as Priestfield.
Well respected as a tough tackling, good passer of the ball. Also chipped in with a few goals, besides the penalties.

The first half of the 73-74 promotion season before he joined Southampton......Keith Lindsey and David Peach, two great full backs! Both loved putting forwards on their arses and both brilliant penalty takers!

My dad drove lorries for Brakes (formerly Brake Brothers) frozen foods and he used to have the regular Medway round.

He delivered to a pub where Dave Peach was often to be found helping out, presumably after morning training. Dad said he was really nice down to earth guy.

I am afraid my Dad is long gone (his 100th birthday would have been this February) so I can not ask him the name of the pub but others on this board may be old enough to have encountered him and can confirm.

My dad drove lorries for Brakes (formerly Brake Brothers) frozen foods and he used to have the regular Medway round.

He delivered to a pub where Dave Peach was often to be found helping out, presumably after morning training. Dad said he was really nice down to earth guy.

I am afraid my Dad is long gone (his 100th birthday would have been this February) so I can not ask him the name of the pub but others on this board may be old enough to have encountered him and can confirm.
Does the Mackland Arms ring any bells? That has a few Gills bits up and is near Northumberland Road / the station.

He was what we used to call a tidy player and despite not being physically imposing, he tackled hard. I remember watching him in that FA Cup final and thinking of all the times I'd seeen him play at Priestfield. A certain person, who frequents this board, will remember a return train journey when we drunkenly imposed ourselves on Peach's good nature.

He was what we used to call a tidy player and despite not being physically imposing, he tackled hard. I remember watching him in that FA Cup final and thinking of all the times I'd seeen him play at Priestfield. A certain person, who frequents this board, will remember a return train journey when we drunkenly imposed ourselves on Peach's good nature.
He couldn't understand why we spent our money going round the country watching GFC trying to play football. Fifty years or so later, I think he may have had a point! That awayday to Bradford City still remains strong in my memory.

Best ever penalty taker. Never saw him miss.
I think he missed just two and I saw both. Home to Torquay and away at Reading. Rotherhithe and I were sad enough to check this out on this site last year iirc. I had thought it was just the one at Reading but Rotherhithe corrected me and I realised I'd seen that too.

He was apparently a regular (along with a few other players) in the Beacon Court during the early 1970s.

I heard that the Beacon had been demolished recently. I've not yet seen it gone.

Just checked scrapbook and the two misses came within 8 days of eachother, 2/3/73 and 10/3/73.
You mean they let him take another penalty after missing one a week earlier 😁 ( Great player, definitely in my all time Gills eleven)