Happy Birthday To Andy Gray | Vital Football

Happy Birthday To Andy Gray

Yes remember those times after he joined us. He was an incredible player then fearless great in the air for a relatively short man and his part in the 1976/77 season will always be remembered. I remember being in tears when he was left out of Scotland's 1978 world cup squad.

Happy Birthday! Only said on Sunday when Grealish headed that chance over the bar against the Blues, "where's Andy Gray when you need him " He'd have buried that absolutely buried it !!

Happy Birthday! Only said on Sunday when Grealish headed that chance over the bar against the Blues, "where's Andy Gray when you need him " He'd have buried that absolutely buried it !!

Yes . Do you remember that goal he scored against man Utd in 1977ish. He took about 3 of their players with him plus the goalie and almost took the net off the goalposts

Yes . Do you remember that goal he scored against man Utd in 1977ish. He took about 3 of their players with him plus the goalie and almost took the net off the goalposts

Great days mate, he'd have knocked his own granny over to get the ball in the net would Andy

The bad old days before football was invented and the Premier League saved us from boring, clogging football and no skill was on show.
Didn't we see some good football from great players?
Most of those lads would have walked into any modern team.

With the fullest respect to Peter Withe, the best striker we've had in my lifetime. Happy birthday and St Andy's Day.

The greatest £110,000 pounds ever in the history of football ... if you are lucky enough to not be old enough [not really - maybe] then going to Villa Park when Andy Gray was at his peak was sublime. In my time we've had many fearless players e.g. George Curtis, Andy Lochhead etc, but Andy Gray in his pomp was quite something else.
That final game of the season against the baggies always springs to mind when I think of him

Although we won the league with a fantastic team that mid to late 70's side were something else to watch. With a little more consistency and a touch more luck with injuries that side could have won the old first division. What memories they gave us!!!!!!!
I said this long time ago, as exciting football teams go the 77 side was the best I have seen

In that clip that sirdennis posted,(thanks, by the way), one thing that stood out for me was that his second goal was his fifteenth of the season. In November!