Happy Birthday To A Villa Legend? | Vital Football

Happy Birthday To A Villa Legend?

He was outstanding and did a great job for us. Has to be up there with the best. Lost his focus a bit when he left us. It happens. Shouldn't cloud what he did for us. Happy Birthday Boz.

(and please all give the article a click... trying to get back to some writing, been a bit awful of late, big memory gaps, no co-ordination with the hands to type etc... good old brain aches... so give it a whirl!)

Exactly as you said in the article JF, he was a great keeper except for his distribution which was woeful at best.

Happy birthday Bozzie.

Seriously I would have Jimmy Rimmer and Nigel Spink above him in great goalies I have seen at the Villa , and if Emi carries on like he is , he will be up there as well.

I still think he's probably the best keeper I've seen down VP. Was a bit too young to fully appreciate Rimmer. Didnt he save something like 10 penalties in one season? Might have been the season we won the league cup under Big Ron

I still think he's probably the best keeper I've seen down VP. Was a bit too young to fully appreciate Rimmer. Didnt he save something like 10 penalties in one season? Might have been the season we won the league cup under Big Ron
Saw elsewhere that he saved 8 pens in the 93/94 season - good memory GGS, better than mine!!

Bossie was a bit of hero of mine at the time, the only ever goalie kit I’ve owned was the Muller Bosnich number 1.

Absolute character in good ways and bad.

(and please all give the article a click... trying to get back to some writing, been a bit awful of late, big memory gaps, no co-ordination with the hands to type etc... good old brain aches... so give it a whirl!)
Hang in there JF - you will get there.
I can only apologise for not buying your book yet but it is on my wish list.
My daughter bought me Captain Tom's autobiography for Christmas - "Tomorrow will be a good day" - and what I have read so far is very uplifting and inspirational. His words and deeds are still so relevant almost 12 months on and with the current spike even more so.
Chin up 'our glorious leader'👍

Friedal was class, even if he only stayed for 3 years. Forgetting about the time spent, I'd put him level with the others.

One thing - I've told this before - I regret is I was on the stairs leading up to the players lounge years back, giving my match ratings for the players to one of the newspapers, I forget which now. Brad was walking up the stairs and I was SO close to giving him the phone to give his own rating. But I didn't - he didn't know me, but I think he'd have taken it in good part ... would have been funny.

Hang in there JF - you will get there.
I can only apologise for not buying your book yet but it is on my wish list.
My daughter bought me Captain Tom's autobiography for Christmas - "Tomorrow will be a good day" - and what I have read so far is very uplifting and inspirational. His words and deeds are still so relevant almost 12 months on and with the current spike even more so.
Chin up 'our glorious leader'👍

Thanks mate, I'm actually putting a little footnote at the bottom of my articles - I did so nearly retire from writing, I'll see how things go. But so many massive gaps in my memory, it makes me doubt myself, whereas writing has always been easy and natural to me. Good example was last night, couldn't remember the first name of our manager - which happens to be the name of my best mate as well.

Brain aches, they are very odd!

Kind words, very appreciated mate.

Thanks mate, I'm actually putting a little footnote at the bottom of my articles - I did so nearly retire from writing, I'll see how things go. But so many massive gaps in my memory, it makes me doubt myself, whereas writing has always been easy and natural to me. Good example was last night, couldn't remember the first name of our manager - which happens to be the name of my best mate as well.

Brain aches, they are very odd!

Kind words, very appreciated mate.

I'm like that too JF can't remember someone's name I worked with two years ago but can remember the names of all the lads I was an apprentice with.
Was trying to remember the lad Villa let go 18 months ago Mitch Clark this morning ended up googling him. It's frightening at times.
These times are not helping anyone, are they.