Happy Birthday Sid Cowans | Vital Football

Happy Birthday Sid Cowans

Easy question to answer.... Whichever one he was using in that particular moment....
:smoke:
We've had some very good midfield partnerships in my time supporting the Villa, but nothing comes close to Sid and Sir Dennis. The perfect combination.

David Platt once said that his footballing ambition was to make a run that Sid didn't see.

A very good article today in the Daily Mail about Gordon Cowans fight against Altzeimers. I have to admit to a tear in the eye.
Not the best place to post this but I didn’t want to start a new thread.

Sid's dementia can't be from heading a football, Big Chris yes he won everything in the air proper old Centre Half but Sid?
I think the heading the ball thing is a red herring millions of people get dementia and as we all live longer these days more and more of us will show sign.
My Nan had it so I know how devastating it is watching someone who virtually brought me up not knowing who I was in the end.
Pretty sure my Nan never headed a football in her life

Sad to hear Chris Nicholl has got it , I didn't know that.

Horrible disease , many different variations of it caused by different conditions .My Dad died from having Vascular dementia which is basically a narrowing of the arteries to the brain restricting blood flow. So upsetting for the family to see how quickly he deteriorated.