Happy Anniversary Gaffer | Vital Football

Happy Anniversary Gaffer

It’s been a year? Blimey.

The reports of the games from those there clearly indicate that he has to be applauded for what he has done to and got out of the team and squad. Football played, attitude right and fighting until the end spirit. Yes, we still have the inconsistency you’d expect from League One players, especially young ones, but he has, it seems, combated that compared to some predecessors.

Off the pitch there hasn’t been the behaviour that has blighted his career prior to joining us. The odd spark but nothing that I would call out of order and nothing that was of the level that made me so against his appointment. Granted we didn’t hit the time when there could have been real pressure, as in if we’d been seriously pushing for a playoff spot, but that’s not his fault. So to not acknowledge that, as things stand, there has not been anything about his year here that has proved my fears or concerns correct would be churlish. I’m still cautious but will admit that, so far, he has proved me wrong. I hope he continues to do so and continues to take us forward. If so I will look forward to seeing it for myself next season.

It’s been a year? Blimey.

The reports of the games from those there clearly indicate that he has to be applauded for what he has done to and got out of the team and squad. Football played, attitude right and fighting until the end spirit. Yes, we still have the inconsistency you’d expect from League One players, especially young ones, but he has, it seems, combated that compared to some predecessors.

Off the pitch there hasn’t been the behaviour that has blighted his career prior to joining us. The odd spark but nothing that I would call out of order and nothing that was of the level that made me so against his appointment. Granted we didn’t hit the time when there could have been real pressure, as in if we’d been seriously pushing for a playoff spot, but that’s not his fault. So to not acknowledge that, as things stand, there has not been anything about his year here that has proved my fears or concerns correct would be churlish. I’m still cautious but will admit that, so far, he has proved me wrong. I hope he continues to do so and continues to take us forward. If so I will look forward to seeing it for myself next season.

Return of the Det! Hooray!!